PDA

View Full Version : Service of wifes Mini

disco
31st October 2019, 11:29 AM
Sorry folks I know it's been asked before but still a bit confused about service of my wife Mini.

Will be 2 years old in December 2019 and has slightly more than 11k on the clock and was bought in April this year. After calling Douglas Park in Hamilton and Harry Fairbairn in Glasgow both said that it would be an oil change and microfilter change and wanted to charge £500+ and £200+ respectively. :ragin: This seems excessive to me as Douglas Park also wanted to change the brake fluid :confused:
Obviously don't mind paying for work to be carried out but this seems to be robbery. Is there a problem going to an independent garage who are capable of carrying out the service using authorised parts and can they reset the service light and record the service data.
Again sorry to repeat the request for info. :scratch:

Mon the fish
31st October 2019, 11:35 AM
Anyone can do the work to the standard required, however it's how much any prospective buyer puts on the fallacy of a main dealer history IMO. As a buyer, I'm happier seeing a stack of invoices for work (from a reputable independent) rather than either stamps in a book or icons on a screen. Depends on your long term view of the car and potentially selling it on and to whom.

B&M are forum sponsors and seem to get a great rep, give them a call

disco
31st October 2019, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info will have a look at B&M :thumbs up:

Tried calling but no reply I'll update post when I get more info - Thanks

Just spoke to B&M and they quoted £144 inc VAT for the service. Oil/filter and pollen filter change so will be looking to get it booked when its due :thumbs up:

badwolf340
31st October 2019, 12:34 PM
Yes another for Douglas and his tea at B&M many NMS members use the and will give you great feed back about their work

DigitalLemming
31st October 2019, 01:00 PM
Not aware of having TLC option and wasn't mentioned when purchased 2nd hand earlier this year. Is there a way I can check?

If you go through the booking process as far as entering your reg number, it'll tell you there: https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/owners/book-your-service-online.html

disco
31st October 2019, 03:32 PM
If you go through the booking process as far as entering your reg number, it'll tell you there: https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/owners/book-your-service-online.html

Thanks DigitalLemming, got as far as 'number 3 - service options' and shows Service Summary £0:00 but won't let me go any further.:confused:

DigitalLemming
31st October 2019, 03:52 PM
Thanks DigitalLemming, got as far as 'number 3 - service options' and shows Service Summary £0:00 but won't let me go any further.:confused:

It should look something like this at the top if you have TLC

badwolf340
31st October 2019, 06:05 PM
While the question of TLC has been raised ,it has now been cancelled by BMW and MINI and replaced by a monthly payment,which I have no further details about it but would imagine it will run until your current TLC runs out