PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle Festival - 2nd August 2020

Mon the fish
2nd October 2019, 10:00 AM
I appreciate this is early, but get this date in your diary folks - it was confirmed at the Aberdeen show at the weekend. It looks like another attempt to create a 'Goodwood of the north' so to speak - hillclimb, car show etc in the grounds of a castle; in this case, Castle Fraser.

We've had a few attempts in this area for this kind of thing before, notably the Royal Deeside Speed Festival at Kincardine Castle. Hopefully this one may have more staying power! These guys had a show at the GTM this summer, and are organising cars and coffee events in the area, the next one being at Aden Country Park on 13th October. I'm hoping to get along, maybe see some of you there to find out a bit more.

I've got no affiliation with this in any way, just wanted to get the word out.

http://fullthrottleevent.com/

mikeswagon
2nd October 2019, 11:14 AM
Good shout Gordon, we've pencilled in cars and coffee at Aden park on the 13th, Callums favourite car from Sunday is due to be there, and we'll hopefully get a better chance for a nosey.

I really liked the Kincardine event, so good luck to these guys. When was the event at GTM?

Mon the fish
2nd October 2019, 12:11 PM
Good shout Gordon, we've pencilled in cars and coffee at Aden park on the 13th, Callums favourite car from Sunday is due to be there, and we'll hopefully get a better chance for a nosey.

I really liked the Kincardine event, so good luck to these guys. When was the event at GTM?

June 1st. I couldn't make it, and from what I heard it was a bit disappointing in both numbers of cars and what to see and do. Fingers crossed they get this event right.

I might even take the R53 along to the Aden meet, see if my new winglets make a difference :lol:

Twisterboy
2nd October 2019, 09:03 PM
Pencilled into my diary.

Davy

Mon the fish
7th October 2019, 10:14 AM
Some details are now up - http://fullthrottleevent.com/tickets/?fbclid=IwAR0A6FqWJlzADU3kGmx9ctdqmM_eUZf1NdNUre8i AY849jZ7OOTSc-tiBms

It's £15 to display your car, and £10 for a passenger. Same price to display your car, as being a member of the public. Potentially someone like NMS with a reasonable stand would be putting £250 into their coffers.

Discuss....

Mon the fish
7th October 2019, 12:47 PM
That's what you get for living in the deep south [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CiderFex
7th October 2019, 01:49 PM
That's what you get for living in the deep south [emoji6]

You call the Central Belt Deep South ?
[emoji12]

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Mon the fish
7th October 2019, 02:30 PM
To me, yep. They're all inbred and play banjos [emoji6]

I grew up in Ayrshire, before I get banned. And lived in Surrey for a bit [emoji23]

Mon the fish
7th October 2019, 02:35 PM
Having lived all over the country, it's a bit frustrating sometimes the central belt focus we have. Similar to englanders thinking the country stops at Watford... Gets a bit frustrating when we're expected to travel to (say) Stirling but then it's viewed as miles away when it's the other way round.

Joking aside or rant mode off, NMS isn't bad for this - but the general population is.

There's heaps of nice cars in the Aberdeen area - oil money sees to that. I've spoken to a few high-end dealers who say they sell more cars to Aberdeen than any other area of Scotland. Also lots of fab classics in the area

Ehjack
8th October 2019, 06:44 PM
Would have liked to have gone to this as looks a great event. But unfortunately the cost and travel is too much for me [emoji17].