PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Please

MINI William
1st September 2019, 06:41 PM
Feedback required

We are looking for some feedback on what you like / don’t like... what do you want to see in the forum? What sort of events / runs / meets would you like organised? Look forward to your thoughts

Twisterboy
1st September 2019, 08:55 PM
Been on the forum a year now nearly and have enjoyed the runs and the social side of NMS, the runs are well organised and a fun day out only thing I can think off is for members up north coming to a drive down in the Central belt, perhaps a run between Central belt like Perth way.

Like idea of a breakfast meet that Ali has arranged, something different.

Davy

Ehjack
2nd September 2019, 07:42 AM
Having some runs on the west coast would be good for me personally lol.

Also I think it would be good to have a regular monthly "club" meet? Some where all members can just come along to catch up once a month, rather than a run. Gives an opportunity to discuss your car, show off your latest mods or changes, information on the club and any upcoming runs and just to reunite with friends.

MINI William
2nd September 2019, 08:01 PM
Having some runs on the west coast would be good for me personally lol.

Also I think it would be good to have a regular monthly "club" meet? Some where all members can just come along to catch up once a month, rather than a run. Gives an opportunity to discuss your car, show off your latest mods or changes, information on the club and any upcoming runs and just to reunite with friends.

Thanks for your feedback Jack it’s hugely appreciated. You’ve touched on what Davy (Twisterboy) has mentioned also which is a very valid. As Ali has said most runs are organised in an area where people know the roads. Also it doesn’t need to be a moderator who organises a run, as these guys are volunteers and do it off their own back, taking the time and fuel money to organise a run, the same as myself. Anyone can do it and I personally think it’s a great thing that Ali has suggested, as it’s not easy to organise your first run and you will certainly gets hints and tips from using the experience of someone who has organised their fair share.

Regular meets is something we’re looking at doing more of, we know runs don’t suit everyone despite how much fun they are. The first one of these is fairly local to yourself at Denny’s in Glasgow on the 5th of October.

Mon the fish
2nd September 2019, 08:20 PM
Us northerners need to get our fingers out and sort some meets/runs out in our area.

I include myself in that BTW, we're all responsible for organising stuff if we want to go on runs. There's a few of us in the NE corner and we don't do enough.

I personally don't have the spare time to drive 3 hours to the meet point and then do the run itself. I'm not having a go - I get the majority of folk live south of Perth, and I grew up in the central belt. Just my own circumstances mean I can't devote the 6 hours travelling there and back, and I imagine a lot of northerners will be in the same boat

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Crombers
3rd September 2019, 09:57 AM
Would like to think we'd sell out a Scottish road trip with an overnighter but then again demand fell well short last time we tried.

Regardless of destination I think we could add another road trip / overnighter to the calendar.

DigitalLemming
3rd September 2019, 02:13 PM
A Saturday night somewhere would be good, doesn't need to be that far away either. I've often thought the Lake District could be a good choice, it's a couple of hours down the road and potential to invite another club to join us on the Sunday for a bit of a run before we head back up the road.

Twisterboy
3rd September 2019, 04:14 PM
Happy to sort out a breakfast meet in the east as I know of a fairly quiet Costa that's just opened with a huge car park to accommodate a few minis and think they would be glad of the business as any time I have been there it's quiet.

Davy

Magoo
3rd September 2019, 09:52 PM
Yeah that sounds good!

There's quite a few good routes/scenery up that way but understand it can be a long journey for folk who are travelling over this side. I'll have a think of some routes/destinations and get back to you.

Yep the breakfast meet sounds good, it would be quite good to keep this running especially during the winter months as there isn't much else happening during that period.

Perhaps to accommodate most people, it could alternate between various locations so that people have a chance to come along?

During the winter months we always do ‘cars & coffee’ meets - bit like the breakfast one coming up. We’re going to start planning them into the calendar every couple of months - or more if people arrange them - in various locations. Hopefully more people are able to get along to a few to meet people and show off their cars.

Look forward to potentially seeing a run up your way Jack

Thanks for the feedback guys

Mon the fish
4th September 2019, 06:33 AM
Car club runs are traditionally on a Sunday - what's folks thoughts on a Saturday instead?

Twisterboy
4th September 2019, 07:01 AM
Saturdays also work for me.

Davy

Crombers
5th September 2019, 05:48 PM
Car club runs are traditionally on a Sunday - what's folks thoughts on a Saturday instead?

My vote would be for a Saturday overnighter, with a pre & post run, doesn't even have to be high milage. Somewhere in central Scotland (we are NMS after all) that is accessible to all, with some great banter, fine food & a splashing of ale :smilewinkgrin:

We have our annual 4 day tour which I just wouldn't miss, ....... roll on Bakewell & we have another couple or so overnighters for the show peeps, but I just feel we have room for another especially in Scotland.

CiderFex
6th September 2019, 03:29 AM
A Saturday night somewhere would be good, doesn't need to be that far away either. I've often thought the Lake District could be a good choice, it's a couple of hours down the road and potential to invite another club to join us on the Sunday for a bit of a run before we head back up the road.

Andrew, I mentioned the above idea last year and it died a very quick death.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.