PDA

View Full Version : Mini Speedster in Autoexpress

Duncan Stewart
28th October 2004, 04:53 PM
There is a article about a mini speedster in this weeks AutoExpress mag. It is a 2 seater with raked back windscreen and hard or soft-tops and is said to be the new top of the range (ie most expensive ;)) model due out 2007. (That must make it about the 127th model due out in 2007 :eek:)
Looks good but rather un-mini like.

MartinSullivan
28th October 2004, 04:58 PM
This one???

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58227.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58232.jpg

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58226.jpg

looks better than this

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/58231.jpg

Big Col
28th October 2004, 05:29 PM
I take it the roof down and the roof up pics (pics 1 and 3) aren't of the same car. The point that the roof ends at the back (just behind the filler cap) doesn't look right.

MartinSullivan
28th October 2004, 05:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I take it the roof down and the roof up pics (pics 1 and 3) aren't of the same car. The point that the roof ends at the back (just behind the filler cap) doesn't look right.

I think one is supposed to be the "convertible" and one the hard top

All in all just a bad photoshop job I think ;)

lightbody
28th October 2004, 09:52 PM
Autoexpress and their photoshop jobs - unbelievable! Is there ANY truth in their stories!? Most of their past 'scoops' dont seem to come true. They also do not make it clear that the pics are artists impressions...

Having said that - i think it looks pretty good and would probably consider buying it!

Eggy7496
29th October 2004, 09:03 PM
the first pics are stunnin! i want one!

MartinSullivan
29th October 2004, 09:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

the first pics are stunnin! i want one!

Well Eggy, Print the pics out, come out of your office and cross the road, walk in through the doors of JC's and show Matt the pics and see if you can put a deposit down on one mate :p:D

Mini Me
29th October 2004, 09:35 PM
Don't believe the hype.......

X30YES
31st October 2004, 03:08 AM
1 and 3 are the same car ....just that the back window goes down nearer the boot thats all

zimbo
6th November 2004, 07:54 PM
Well I'd definately take one of them in an 'S' form...:D Supposed to be coming out in 2007 if I remember correctly.:p Now just to find a dealer to put my name and deposit down...

Mini Me
7th November 2004, 04:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

Well I'd definately take one of them in an 'S' form...:D Supposed to be coming out in 2007 if I remember correctly.:p Now just to find a dealer to put my name and deposit down...
<coughspluttermenziescoughsagain>;)

Big Col
7th November 2004, 04:48 AM
<jaw drops> They're not really releasing that are they??? It's totally un-mini like and dilutes the brand even further.

Mind you...I wanted the dune buggy version. :)

Mini Me
7th November 2004, 04:56 AM
Doubt they will ever make it,but if i take his deposit it will pay for your wheels Col....

Big Col
7th November 2004, 05:07 AM
I've just heard they're definetly going to make it! Just pay Iain the cash when you get a mo Zimbo. :)

monkimagic
7th November 2004, 11:13 PM
There all mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mini Me
9th November 2004, 05:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by monkimagic

There all mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Col leads me astray......:p

Big Col
9th November 2004, 04:52 PM
Didn't take much. ;)

Mini Me
9th November 2004, 11:25 PM
:p

Mini Me
19th November 2004, 12:09 AM
mini moke and speedster,will never be made they were pre-production custom models ....nebver to be seen again.

Big Col
19th November 2004, 12:22 AM
Much like customer service from Iain once you've placed your order. ;):):clown::blackeye:

Mini Me
20th November 2004, 02:36 AM

Much like customer service from Iain once you've placed your order. ;):):clown::blackeye:
ok,<takes deep breath,before getting stuck into some lanky drip of p1ss);)I have been away on a MINI product update course for 3 day's,finding out lot's of juicy new stuff(secret),i will get back to you asap.............
I think you will find and confirm,that(except when im not here)Menzies customer service is first class:D:D:D
Huh, the gratitude:dead:

MartinSullivan
20th November 2004, 02:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime
I think you will find and confirm,that(except when im there)Menzies customer service is first class:D:D:D

Thats better :D and all it took was the removal of two ickle letters - and his post made more sense!!!

Big Col
20th November 2004, 03:22 AM

ok,<takes deep breath,before getting stuck into some lanky drip of p1ss);)I have been away on a MINI product update course for 3 day's,finding out lot's of juicy new stuff(secret),i will get back to you asap.............
I think you will find and confirm,that(except when im not here)Menzies customer service is first class:D:D:D
Huh, the gratitude:dead:

See! It even takes him ages to respond to stuff on here! :p

Don't get stroppy mate. I'm just yanking your chain. Menzies still get my vote. :)

Mini Me
20th November 2004, 03:58 AM
The Heckler caving in ?
something stinks..........:p

X30YES
20th November 2004, 06:33 AM
dont care it still looks good .if it floats yir boat that is

Big Col
22nd November 2004, 04:54 PM

The Heckler caving in ?

I still ain't got me car yet mate. ;) (Or the bloody information I was looking for for that matter!):mad:

Mini Me
23rd November 2004, 04:03 AM

The Heckler caving in ?

I still ain't got me car yet mate. ;) (Or the bloody information I was looking for for that matter!):mad:
i e-mailed you at the weekend,cos i have the figures(approx£800 a month):Dbut wasn't sure if you wanted them e-mailed to your work matey....;)

Big Col
23rd November 2004, 04:47 PM
only £800? Bargin! Chuck in the sat nav mate! :D

You can send the info to my work chief that's not a problem.

Mini Me
2nd December 2004, 08:49 AM
Just to confirm that the story in autoexpress regarding the new MINI for 2005 is total rubbish, had it confirmed by MINI top man today....