PDA

View Full Version : Harry Fairbairn MINI SE Preview Event 27th October 19

MINI William
14th August 2019, 08:25 PM
Harry Fairbairn are hosting a preview of the SE on the 27th October.

The event will be held at their Glasgow dealership and possibly have a run from Kirkcaldy to Glasgow.

MINI is bringing along a car and a SE representative to answer any and all questions on the new car which will be hosted in their electric booth.

More details are to follow as I have them but it sounds like a fantastic day being put on.

As always everyone is welcome along.

Please complete both below

PLEASE COMPLETE (https://www.arnoldclark.com/contact/mini-drive-out-enquiry)

ALSO COMPLETE (https://www.registermini.co.uk/harryfairbairnglasgow-electric/)

1. William & Megan
2. Brian & Christina
3. Andrew
4. Davy
5. Jack & Lisa
6. Oli
7. Ali & Laura
8. Stewart
9. Matt
10. Gingerlugs
11. James +1

DigitalLemming
14th August 2019, 08:31 PM
I’ll be there

MINI William
14th August 2019, 08:42 PM
I’ll be there

Thanks Andrew, that’s you added to the list

Twisterboy
14th August 2019, 08:48 PM
Add me please.

Davy

MINI William
14th August 2019, 08:52 PM
Add me please.

Davy

That’s you added Davy

Ehjack
14th August 2019, 09:42 PM
I'll be there

Sad_Panda
14th August 2019, 10:27 PM
Will they actually have an SE in the flesh?

Be keen to come along anyway

Oli

Track Ali
15th August 2019, 12:30 AM
We'll be there.

MINI William
15th August 2019, 06:37 AM
Will they actually have an SE in the flesh?

Be keen to come along anyway

Oli

Yes there will be a car there

MINI William
15th August 2019, 06:37 AM
List updated. Thanks everyone

Stewart
18th August 2019, 12:29 PM
Might just pop in for this as it’s Giffnock, five minutes away. Even when disappointing they are coming from the City Car angle be interesting to see what there saying as it’s a start. Second gen built from the ground up I think will be a real option just need to look at the new Zoe 52 kWh (usable) that is well over the 220 miles realistic range

Gingerlugs
19th August 2019, 08:47 PM
Put me down plus one please. Tyvm 😎

MINI William
24th August 2019, 04:06 PM
List updated

MINI William
11th September 2019, 11:43 AM
Should be getting some more details about this shortly. As soon as I’ve got them I’ll let you guys knkw

MINI William
17th September 2019, 07:25 PM
We’re going to be doing a convoy from Kirkcaldy to Glasgow to see the new SE if people fancy it.

Also can I ask everyone to complete the registration form on the first post so HF have enough food for everyone, there will also be HF customers at the event and not just NMS, this allows for ease of numbers for the guys at HF.

MINI William
17th September 2019, 07:27 PM
We’re going to be doing a convoy from Kirkcaldy to Glasgow to see the new SE if people fancy it.

Also can I ask everyone to complete the registration form on the first post so HF have enough food for everyone, there will also be HF customers at the event and not just NMS, this allows for ease of numbers for the guys at HF.

matsarm
18th September 2019, 12:01 AM
I think I should be good for this now

Twisterboy
18th September 2019, 07:06 AM
Form completed, I'm going to try and get Callum along for some reason he prefers using facebook to the forum, I have told him about the event.

ps I will join the drive from Kirkcaldy.

Davy

MINI William
18th September 2019, 11:33 AM
I think I should be good for this now

Form completed, I'm going to try and get Callum along for some reason he prefers using facebook to the forum, I have told him about the event.

ps I will join the drive from Kirkcaldy.

Davy

Thanks Guys.

Davy he’s missing out as the forum offers more than Facebook and also all meets are on the forum. Has he tried tappatalk?

Twisterboy
22nd September 2019, 02:40 PM
I believe Callum has registered last night, so will be joining us.

Davy

David_HF
27th September 2019, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone, David from Harry Fairbairn here. For those of you intending on coming to the event, either via the drive out or just by showing up at Giffnock on the day, can you please ensure that you book a slot to view the Cooper SE link on the following link: https://www.registermini.co.uk/harryfairbairnglasgow-electric/

I thought i'd post it here before sending it on to the general public to give you all a chance to book your place first.

If you fail to do so, you will miss out on your chance to get a sneak peak of the Cooper SE :sad:.

Please spread the word with your fellow MINI enthusiasts to make sure they don't miss out either!

Twisterboy
28th September 2019, 09:46 AM
If it’s anything like eastern mini it’s going to be 30 mins tops to look at the SE, so guessing we will have to book two slots??

Davy

MINI William
28th September 2019, 10:40 AM
If it’s anything like eastern mini it’s going to be 30 mins tops to look at the SE, so guessing we will have to book two slots??

Davy

Ive already seen a SE at Frankfurt IAA and as impressive as it is, 30mins will be perfect.

Twisterboy
7th October 2019, 07:04 AM
Any words on times? had forgotton about this until I came to work and came into a e-mail from Harry Fairburn reminding me to book a time to see the SE.

Davy

CiderFex
7th October 2019, 07:10 AM
I had an invite to see the SE yesterday at Knights MINI. I just didn’t fancy the drive to Stafford and back though.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

MINI William
7th October 2019, 08:07 AM
Any words on times? had forgotton about this until I came to work and came into a e-mail from Harry Fairburn reminding me to book a time to see the SE.

Davy

Davy just book from the times available as don’t want you to miss out but I’m finding out what the plans HF have for the convoy.

MINI William
7th October 2019, 09:31 AM
I had an invite to see the SE yesterday at Knights MINI. I just didn’t fancy the drive to Stafford and back though.

The cars doing the rounds around the country, It’s a lovely car in the flesh and has seriously got me thinking about one in the future.

CiderFex
7th October 2019, 09:33 AM
The cars doing the rounds around the country, It’s a lovely car in the flesh and has seriously got me thinking about one in the future.

I’ve no doubts that it’s a great car but I just couldn’t face the 5 hour round trip to see it for a few minutes.
I’ll see one at some point I’m sure.
[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
7th October 2019, 09:45 AM
I’ve no doubts that it’s a great car but I just couldn’t face the 5 hour round trip to see it for a few minutes.
I’ll see one at some point I’m sure.
[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No point in a 5hr round trip if it’s not to see NMS as well :laugh:

Twisterboy
7th October 2019, 10:32 AM
Will update when I get home, not liking Internet Explorer.

CiderFex
7th October 2019, 11:13 AM
No point in a 5hr round trip if it’s not to see NMS as well :laugh:

Fair point.
[emoji4]

MINI William
8th October 2019, 06:12 PM
I’ve been speaking with Charmaine today and the plan is to meet at HF Glasgow to see the car. Charmaine has suggested between 10:30 & 11:30 slots and would allow for us to go in together. Can you please let me know once you have booked your slot to see the car using the link on the first post.

I know the plan was to have a convoy from Kirkcaldy to Glasgow but Charmaine has suggested we could go from Glasgow to Kirkcaldy for some tea and cakes and a good chat.

Let me know your thoughts

Ehjack
8th October 2019, 06:37 PM
Booked for 2 at 11am

MINI William
8th October 2019, 07:06 PM
Booked for 2 at 11am

thanks Jack

matsarm
8th October 2019, 09:28 PM
I’ve booked for 11.30 [emoji106]

Stewart
9th October 2019, 12:09 AM
Book 11am :thumbs up:

Twisterboy
9th October 2019, 06:39 AM
Will book in when I get home from work as work's browser does not like site.

Davy

Twisterboy
9th October 2019, 03:58 PM
Booked 11.30

MINI William
9th October 2019, 07:08 PM
Thanks Davy

Gingerlugs
14th October 2019, 11:01 PM
Put me down please chaps 😀

MINI William
15th October 2019, 07:57 AM
Put me down please chaps 

Added

James469
21st October 2019, 09:33 PM
Can you add myself and sharlee and we've booked for 11am

MINI William
21st October 2019, 09:55 PM
Can you add myself and sharlee and we've booked for 11am

That’s you added James

MINI William
22nd October 2019, 06:59 PM
Who’s planning on heading to head to Kirkcaldy after just so that the garage can get enough cake in

matsarm
22nd October 2019, 08:03 PM
Yes please, I’m never one to turn down free cake

Gingerlugs
23rd October 2019, 03:57 PM
What time are we meeting in Kirkcaldy on Sunday?

Magoo
23rd October 2019, 06:48 PM
We’re not meeting in Kirkcaldy, it’s Glasgow for your slot and then heading to Kirkcaldy

Crombers
24th October 2019, 02:32 PM
I've not booked a slot but I've filled in the first form, would be lazy not to pop down & catch up seeing as I'm only 10 minutes away :thumbs up:

MINI William
26th October 2019, 07:00 PM
I've not booked a slot but I've filled in the first form, would be lazy not to pop down & catch up seeing as I'm only 10 minutes away :thumbs up:

Will be good to see you Crombers

MINI William
26th October 2019, 07:01 PM
See everyone tomorrow, really looking forward to seeing the car.

Remember and put your clocks back

E74PMG
27th October 2019, 10:37 AM
Just seen this today.

Where are people meeting first?

Cheers

MINI William
27th October 2019, 10:41 AM
Just seen this today.

Where are people meeting first?

Cheers

Just meeting at Harry Fairbairn Glasgow

Crombers
27th October 2019, 04:04 PM
Great to see y'all as always.
Haven't given the MINI E much thought until today, 0-30 time is flippin awesome.
Dropped a clanger (in discussion with William) looking for a gearbox in the demo car ....... doh!!

MINI William
27th October 2019, 05:34 PM
Thanks to everyone who came along today. Such a great day put on by MINI & Harry Fairbairn. The SE is certainly lovely and looking forward to how MINI develop it across the rest of the range.

badwolf340
27th October 2019, 05:57 PM
Great day out and a level 1 Would suit just fine :thumbs up:

MINI William
28th October 2019, 09:48 AM
Level 1 certainly comes with plenty of kit and would be the lebel
I went for.

David_HF
28th October 2019, 01:02 PM
Thanks so much for coming to the event yesterday everyone!

I hope you all had a fantastic day and I am sure the MINI SE lived up to expectations.

Glad to see you all seemed to have enjoyed the buffet too...

Mon the fish
28th October 2019, 05:04 PM
Is 'Level 1' the confirmed spec-level names, or is it just a working title at the moment? Seems strangely unimaginative for Mini to call spec levels something so simple, instead of luxury/comfort/sport or whatever.

Need to get along to see this sometime

badwolf340
28th October 2019, 06:56 PM

I hope you all had a fantastic day and I am sure the MINI SE lived up to expectations.

A great time was had ( and eaten) by all:yes nod:

badwolf340
28th October 2019, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=Mon the fish;374302]Is 'Level 1' the confirmed spec-level names, yes Gordon goes up to level 3

matsarm
28th October 2019, 07:01 PM
Really enjoyed it myself - the guys from MINI seemed really knowledgable which I’ve often found not to be the case before when it comes to people that work for car brands.

I like the SE a lot more than I thought I would even though it will be a few more years before there’s enough range in it for me.

MINI William
28th October 2019, 08:31 PM

It was a great day had by all David. Thank you to everyone involved

deluxeautofix
29th October 2019, 06:27 PM
Hi good evening, please any one with links to latest technical bulletins released by BMW/Mini.

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

MINI William
29th October 2019, 06:51 PM
Hi good evening, please any one with links to latest technical bulletins released by BMW/Mini.

Usually posted in the MINI News section

deluxeautofix
29th October 2019, 06:52 PM
Alright thanks Boss

Eddie_JCW
29th October 2019, 11:00 PM
Usually posted in the MINI News sectionI'm going to guess he means the Technical Service Bulletins which we don't get on the forum. Not sure how available they are outside BMW/MINI. Could be wrong though [emoji2371]

deluxeautofix
30th October 2019, 05:54 AM
I'm going to guess he means the Technical Service Bulletins which we don't get on the forum. Not sure how available they are outside BMW/MINI. Could be wrong though [emoji2371]Yes Boss, you're right, I mean Technical Service Bulletins thanks.

nobbyclark
30th October 2019, 12:56 PM
Here are links to the 3 levels that will be offered:
https://mini-lp-live.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/1571663744821-nj233249b0d9-c478f5f970f6475b3b2a761fc2674bc7/7301067+MINI+Electric+Spec+Sheets+Oct+2019+PT.pdf
https://mini-lp-live.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/1571663275060-85nsual92q8h-8b0200f7a91f7d711932f25dfe68ef3b/7300946+MINI+Electric+Spread+V2+Pt.pdf

These levels are fixed. All you can change are colours and wheels. So, if you want Level 2 plus HK or sunroof, you have to go for Level 3. Also, if you want any shade of blue, apart from Enigmatic Black (which is more black than blue), you're out of luck.

Seemingly, the reasoning is they don't want people speccing weird cars and then cancelling them in March, leaving Mini with some potentially difficult to sell vehicles.

CiderFex
30th October 2019, 02:10 PM
All specs are here:

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/range/mini-electric.html#choose

More general info:

https://www.mini.co.uk/content/dam/MINI/marketUK/mini_co_uk/en_GB/brochures/7300940%20MINI%20Electric%20Launch%20A4%20Factshee t%20V14%20PT.pdf

Mon the fish
30th October 2019, 04:44 PM
There are interesting times ahead in terms of National Grid capacity and petrol duty revenues...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CiderFex
30th October 2019, 04:50 PM
There are interesting times ahead in terms of National Grid capacity and petrol duty revenues...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’ve no imminent plans to buy an e-car but one thing that is letting them down is the severe lack of “on-the-road” charging points.
I honestly can not believe that there’s not even a manufacturer wide standard socket for them. I know that there are quite a few double bay charging points but they will only allow for one car to be charged at once. Seriously, what’s the point in that.
I know that a lot of people are pressuring the Gov to install charging points all over but why should they ?
The Government has never had to pay for the building of petrol stations as far as I’m aware.

Stewart
6th November 2019, 10:43 PM
Mini have missed a trick, surly they could have matched the petrol S variant if not beaten it on the 0-62 front. Granted I know the Car has a disappointing non-temperature managed battery pack of only 32kWh usable and the i3 drivetrain. They could probably match the petrol works 0-62 but the hit on range might be scary but given the price of level 2 and 3 a performance upgrade would have been nice.

They had the MINI E driving around California a decade ago under a invitation public lease scheme and by the looks of it comparing what was on offer back then they locked the development team in the fridge. MINI/BMW i3/ i8 and other hybrids in the range is commendable and should have provided a base but at 2020 the group looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights of the oncoming EV switch a decade before they thought.

Always nice to see another MINI model but at £30k level 3 SE with its 32kWh pack with 140 miles ( probably 100-120 real world) shows how far behind the group is on everything. Does it has preheating off an app and connectivity that has become the norm. At £30k for the highest trim the SE makes the entry level model 3 look a steal. It’s like comparing a Vulcan Bomber to a B-2 stealth. Although the MINI SE I bet will still feel MINI on the twisting roads and that after all is what most of us want to other brands. My view hasn’t changed that I think they will knock it out the park with the second generation built and designed as a EV from the ground up.

Don’t get me wrong the HF preview was well done and the guy actually had a clue what he was talking about and that was refreshing so hats off for that.