PDA

View Full Version : £7.50!

Big Col
28th October 2004, 04:06 PM
That's what my insurance company charged me to be insured for a cooper 'S for a day! That would mean it'd cost me £2,737 a year to insure it!

I mean I know I'm going to thrash the arse off i...<looks over at Iain>...I mean I'm going to be driving it sensibly all day so I'm surprised it's gonna cost £7.50!

I know it's sod all cash really but I was a bit surprised by it.

Mini Me
28th October 2004, 05:15 PM
Resident Tight Ass.

Big Col
28th October 2004, 05:21 PM
You been paying close attention to me getting in and out of your car Iain? I wondered why you were so keen to sit in the back. :D

Note : I know you were sitting behind Linsey so be VERY careful how you respond to this! :blackeye::evil:;)

Wul
28th October 2004, 06:34 PM
Well Big Col you have made a fatal error in your calculations my man - I think you'll find that the £7.50 was in addition to your annual premium for your ONE so in fact it probably would cost you nearer £3k+ to insure it on that basis. :p

You must have a cr@p postcode mate! :eek:;)

Gismo
28th October 2004, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry, but, in no way will your yearly premium be reflected by a daily increase to your car insurance ;)
Check an online insurer, like direct line, you'll see just how cheap it is :cool:

sleepyrascal
28th October 2004, 06:59 PM
In all fairness, thats probably just the cost of covering labour and handling fees. In otherwords, you were paying the wages of the insurance agent plus the cost of printing a few documents etc. If you could do the same online then it would have been close to free i would have thought. You get nada for nada in this world. Except thoses tester bits of cheese in Sainsburys etc that they put out for you to try. But in turn you probably get some horrible food related infection due to the cheese sitting out all day with hundreds of hands grabbing at it, so again, nada for nada.

Big Col
28th October 2004, 07:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Well Big Col you have made a fatal error in your calculations my man - I think you'll find that the £7.50 was in addition to your annual premium for your ONE so in fact it probably would cost you nearer £3k+ to insure it on that basis. :p

<splutters> ONE? ONE??? I've gorra cooper ya cheeky bass!!! :mad:

Big Col
28th October 2004, 07:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I'm sorry, but, in no way will your yearly premium be reflected by a daily increase to your car insurance ;)
Check an online insurer, like direct line, you'll see just how cheap it is :cool:

I know mate I was just grumbling about the £7.50 for a day. :I

Sheilz
28th October 2004, 08:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

In all fairness, thats probably just the cost of covering labour and handling fees. In otherwords, you were paying the wages of the insurance agent plus the cost of printing a few documents etc. If you could do the same online then it would have been close to free i would have thought. You get nada for nada in this world. Except thoses tester bits of cheese in Sainsburys etc that they put out for you to try. But in turn you probably get some horrible food related infection due to the cheese sitting out all day with hundreds of hands grabbing at it, so again, nada for nada.

Dont think this is nada for nada really. I mean you could get a week or two in a five star hotel in exchange for the free cheese. This would naturally also include a couple of weeks holiday from work. Aberdeen has one of these hotels its locally known as ARI. ;):D:D:D[:D

Gismo
28th October 2004, 09:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
[quote]
Must be the way you drive it ;) how you gonna handle a works S i'll never know ;):eek::D

Wul
28th October 2004, 09:55 PM

quote:Originally posted by Wul

OOPS!:I

However did i make that mistook? :evil::p

Well as i never seen your car in the flesh it's an easy mistake to make! :evil:;):clown:

Big Gordy
28th October 2004, 10:47 PM
Oiy you lot :evil: leave us 'ONE's alone :mad: (ooooo that sound like a line from a song:approve:)
One email and 40 quid later an a ONE will be a Cooper ;) :p:D:approve:

MartinSullivan
28th October 2004, 10:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

:D:p:):cool:

You tell em Gordy - your day will come soon - looking at a date early november

Big Col
28th October 2004, 10:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Oiy you lot :evil: leave us 'ONE's alone :mad: (ooooo that sound like a line from a song:approve:)

No it wont big G. You know in your heart of hearts it'll still be a one. :)

Big Gordy
28th October 2004, 11:19 PM
Your right :blackeye: What I should have said is it will be a Cooper BEATER :p:D:approve:

Big Col
28th October 2004, 11:25 PM
In the straights yeah but you'll still have the spongy ONE suspension for the corners. :p:p:p

duncan
29th October 2004, 12:06 AM
Oi - don't you mean the comfortable, less harsh ride???? ;)

Big Col
29th October 2004, 12:14 AM
Erm...ok?

Big Gordy
29th October 2004, 04:25 PM
I can assure you the one does not have spongy suspension:evil: I do have a set of cooper springs in the loft that I thought about fitting but reconed it wasn't worth all the effort:p:D:approve:

Mini Me
29th October 2004, 05:05 PM
retreat Col.......

Big Col
29th October 2004, 05:12 PM
Oooh so the ONE suspension isn't spongy and is man enough for the job and yet you plan to change to Cooper springs? Why would you do that if you were happy with the ONE's suspension? :D:D:D

Mini Me
30th October 2004, 06:53 AM
Oh you do heckle so very well Col....
You must be adored on here.....

Big Col
31st October 2004, 07:01 PM
I'm well adored everywhere Iain. People I know and pass on the street can often me seen to be mouthing the words "Funkin' Wonder" and giving me funny little wristy waves. Gives me a lump in me throuat so and it does. :)

Mini Me
31st October 2004, 09:48 PM
I'm well adored everywhere Iain. People I know and pass on the street can often me seen to be mouthing the words "Funkin' Wonder" and giving me funny little wristy waves. Gives me a lump in me throuat so and it does. :)

Col,you shouldn't have your car on the pavement, that's why they are waving......:p:p

Gismo
31st October 2004, 10:00 PM
Gives me a lump in me throuat so and it does. :)
Hmm, :eek: <snigger>