PDA

View Full Version : Mapping

chris.air
31st July 2019, 11:21 PM
Hey, need to put a exhaust on my r53 jcw. Was going full miltek with sports cat. So will require a map tweek.

I was going to use Ecotune in Glasgow, you guys used them before or do you have any other suggestions?

I would also consider a used system if any one has one for sale.

Thanks Chris

chris.air
1st August 2019, 03:16 PM
Full milltek with a sports cat stage 2 map comes in at £1880 from Ecotune Glasgow.

Thoughts?

MINI William
1st August 2019, 04:13 PM
You wont me a remap for just an exhaust

chris.air
1st August 2019, 04:58 PM
I would have thought so especially if putting manifold on as well?

MINI William
1st August 2019, 05:12 PM
Not on an R53, need more than an exhaust and manifold before a remap. It can be done but gains are next to non existent. Would be better adding more before going for a map

CiderFex
2nd August 2019, 08:00 PM
I wouldn’t bother with a sports cat. I had a Janspeed manifold and Milltek exhaust fitted on my GP at 1320mini years ago and also asked for a sports cat to be fitted as well. They talked mo out of a sports Cat because the OEM MINI cat had produced more power on every single dyno test that they have ever carried out.
When I was there they also showed me a box full (30-40) of sports cars which had been taken off other MINI’s due to them being knackered. One of them had been on the car less than 2 weeks.
A map on an R53 will hardly reap any gains unless you pay out for more physical mods such as 550 injectors and a better cam.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.