PDA

View Full Version : Whoosh

Hillyd
4th July 2019, 10:18 PM
Well, coming home up the Clydeside, I was having fun until I came across some traffic. Bugger I thought, that’s the end of that! Chill out time.

Hell no!

The caravan at the front of the queue turned from my route, taking three cars along with them.

That left a Golf GTD estate in front of me with nothing but twisting road ahead.

I flicked the switch to red and as much as the Golf tried, they couldn’t lose me. Plenty of punch left and made me love my Mini even more.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190704/6d8bc57974dd3c830e8a36b44da3e7c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehjack
4th July 2019, 10:35 PM
I had some fun with a golf GTD the other week and the guy's face when I left him a mile back was priceless [emoji23].

I also managed side by side with a BMW 335i xdrive which made me really impressed with how good mini's are!

Hillyd
4th July 2019, 10:41 PM
The Golf kept trying to pull away but not a chance lol

MINI William
5th July 2019, 03:19 AM
Always good fun when you give something a surprise

Twisterboy
5th July 2019, 07:08 AM
I've got a couple of roads that I like near me that's good for surprising people, the amount of people who tailgate you for doing 30mph in a 30mph and you see the national speed limit sign and plant it and leave them behind in the mirror. My mate overtook a wee lad in a polo in his V40 Diesel (Twin Turbo I believe) and this wee polo kept up with him, about 30 mins later he get a notification on Instagram from the boy in the polo and theres a pic of the Volvo doing the overtake!

Davy

Hillyd
5th July 2019, 07:35 AM
I've got a couple of roads that I like near me that's good for surprising people, the amount of people who tailgate you for doing 30mph in a 30mph and you see the national speed limit sign and plant it and leave them behind in the mirror. My mate overtook a wee lad in a polo in his V40 Diesel (Twin Turbo I believe) and this wee polo kept up with him, about 30 mins later he get a notification on Instagram from the boy in the polo and theres a pic of the Volvo doing the overtake!

Davy

Love it Davy. It was the first time I surprised myself after taking delivery two weeks ago. Smile factor is huge.

stevenf56
7th July 2019, 09:34 PM
I’ve had the same with a GTD, the guy had his pal in the car and was pissed when I disappeared. It had been raining and wheels kept spinning as I came off the roundabout, made it all the more enjoyable!

Hillyd
7th July 2019, 09:39 PM
It makes me smile so much lol.