PDA

View Full Version : Stripes

Tony
3rd June 2003, 08:38 PM
hello...

Ive got to say ive never really been one for bonnet stripes. ive never really understood them, and its just something, which although has become associated with the coop, ive never warmed to....

however, a new concept, or should i say, an old racing concept which has been re-introduced is beginning to make me think that stripes on my car would be good after all.......

Viper stripes. i ve just been checking out the gallery, and ive got to say, im very impresse with the cars which ive seen. its amazing really, but in a world full of mass produced cars, the MINI still manages to look individual. try that on a ford, vuaxhall day out (without the rice boys and their plywood of course...)

anyway, i digress. im actually now really keen on the 'offset' stripes which run just off centre along the car.
2 Q's. our car is going to be red black, and im not keen on having black stripes on the red and red on the black. so my question would be to you guys, what colour do you think would be best?
and secondly,...how much/ and who does them? (ok thats 2 more questions, but hey)

any help guys would be great.

lightbody
3rd June 2003, 08:44 PM
The stripes were as fitted to Cooper racing cars in the 50s and 60s - racing in British Racing Green with white stripes. They then made it onto Mini Coopers racing on the track in the 60s as well.

Tony
3rd June 2003, 08:47 PM
where can i get them fitted?

Fontal
3rd June 2003, 09:00 PM
I got my stipes from Idlegear for around £40 including postage then had a sign fitter fit them for £15.
My one is the red ONE with black offset viper stripes in the gallery.

Richard

Woz
4th June 2003, 01:41 AM
Moorf and I have the BRG cooper in the gallery with the silver offset viper stripes. These were fitted by the dealer as part of the spec for the car. The stripes + fitting was about £100 from what I remember.

Not sure what colour would go best with red/black but my guess would be white or silver. Or you could ignore the stripes on the roof and have black stripes on the bonnet and boot.

It might be worth playing around with paintshop/photoshop on a pic of your car to see.

johnlewis99
21st June 2003, 06:21 AM
here is another source, I use www.cooperflags.com they will make you anything you can dream up. And they are cooper owners/drivers.
they take paypal for ease of payment...and the exchange rate is greatly in your favor with this company. and they can still have it to you quick. and you have it installed locally.