PDA

View Full Version : JCW road trip - PistonHeads

Mon the fish
20th June 2019, 09:56 AM
Not sure how many folk on here browse PH, but they are planning a 4-day JCW road trip with film footage etc, for all generations. You need to have a JCW and it needs to be stock-ish i.e. OEM power. Puts me out...

Link here - https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=164&t=1816530

If there's camera time, it could be a good advert for NMS

M600-RKJ
20th June 2019, 10:31 AM
Sounds like it would be really good fun. I've sent an email. Just wait and see

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
20th June 2019, 10:41 AM
We don't mind a few tweaks but need to avoid cars that have been mapped for more power. All will become clear in due course...

Wonder what their definition of a tweak is?

CiderFex
20th June 2019, 10:51 AM

I’m guessing that aesthetic mods would be acceptable but 300bhp track monsters wouldn’t be too welcomed.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

CiderFex
20th June 2019, 10:56 AM

Reading the original post it sounds like MINI are after some form of advertising material.
I’m guessing that they want as OEM cars as possible by the sounds of it.
I’d be OK because I do have a trophy that confirms that my car is completely standard.
[emoji12]
I’ll be in Americaland when this is happening so I’m out before it even begins though...

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

M600-RKJ
20th June 2019, 11:11 AM
Mini have used the guy rocket robs red R56 in advertising material and his car isnt standard. It does have just about every jcw option on it though

DigitalLemming
20th June 2019, 11:55 AM
I've pinged them a quick email just to see 1. where it is, and 2. what sort of cars they're looking for.

Crombers
20th June 2019, 11:57 AM
Sounds awesome & it's free!

If I bought a 48 quid JCW badge do you think I'd be sussed :rolleyes:

M600-RKJ
20th June 2019, 12:02 PM

If I bought a 48 quid JCW badge do you think I'd be sussed :rolleyes:Find a picture of a certificate for the sound kit. I'm sure nobody would be bold enough to call you out

Twisterboy
20th June 2019, 03:34 PM

If I bought a 48 quid JCW badge do you think I'd be sussed :rolleyes:

Does sound fun, I have JCW alloys and a £7 badge, think I will Be allowed

mikeswagon
20th June 2019, 04:32 PM
Just sent an email with the details they're after.

Note it's the week after 60yrs of Mini at the GTM, so anyone going to that will already have a clean and shiny motor.... might be tight if we have to get down south for the Monday.

mikeswagon
2nd September 2019, 10:21 AM
Had to keep this a bit quiet, but last week I was lucky enough to be one of 3 pistonhead'ers taking part in this road trip, along with chris.air from here in his lovely R53 - top bloke :thumbs up:

I'll do a bit of a write up on the weeks fun once I've had a chance to go through the photos.

MINI William
2nd September 2019, 12:15 PM
Excellent Mike looking forward to your write up

mikeswagon
2nd September 2019, 12:42 PM
Will get something down on paper in a few weeks, once the film stuff etc has gone live.

matsarm
2nd September 2019, 04:32 PM
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing about it when it’s up.

chris.air
2nd September 2019, 06:55 PM
Yea I was picked also for this and what a hoot it was. It was a dream come true to do with a excellent group of guys and girl

5 beautiful cars 3 awesome country’s visited one **** load of fuel and lots of laughter.

Was pleasure to be sandwiched between to awesome clubmans.

On top of evo triangle with the new clubman

Just a few testers so many pictures I’ll let mike start a post and I’ll ad to his if he don’t mind ;-)

Mon the fish
2nd September 2019, 08:22 PM
Looking forward to the pics and the write up. Next to the new Clubbie the R53 looks almost like an original Mini, it's so much smaller!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mikeswagon
20th September 2019, 04:13 PM
I've not had a chance to do a write up on the trip.... but here's the end result of the road trip part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW2yshD6BNk

It was epic. :thumbs up:

mikeswagon
8th October 2019, 02:57 PM
Here's the wee write up of the trip:

clicky: http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?29251-My-Mini-adventure-with-MINI-and-PH-the-3-Peaks-Roadtrip

mikeswagon
14th October 2019, 01:55 PM
The 2nd part of the film came out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv-m6KLsyq4