PDA

View Full Version : ITG air filter...

CiderFex
1st June 2019, 09:26 PM
Has anyone ever fitted an ITG air filter into an R56-59 JCW ?
Yes, I know the way forward is an ALTA but I’m still out of work at the mo and really can’t justify £310 on an ALTA when I’ve quite a few quid to spend on the GP to get it ready to sell.
I also desperately need 2 new front tyres for Rocky.
[emoji30]
The ITG made quite a bit of difference on GP1499 and I’m hoping they make enough of a difference to an R59 JCW to justify to myself that it’ll be £50 well spent.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

MINI William
1st June 2019, 09:38 PM
I’d take the £50 and put it towards the ALTA Pete. If your going to end up getting an Alta anyway I’d wait

CiderFex
1st June 2019, 09:41 PM
I’d take the £50 and put it towards the ALTA Pete. If your going to end up getting an Alta anyway I’d wait

Ta William.
I won’t be even entertaining an ALTA now though until next year so I was thinking of an ITG for just the time being.

marchutch
1st June 2019, 10:20 PM
I bet someone would take the ITG off your hands once you’re done with it. Does the one for the R59 fit other models too? Quick clean and an oil and they are good as new as you know.

Hundreds of pounds just on an intake never struck me as worthwhile unless it provides significantly more air, the engine needs that air, and the ECU is programmed to adapt to the additional air (which all may be true with the ALTA intake and the R59 for all I know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiderFex
1st June 2019, 10:26 PM
The difference an ALTA makes to an R56-59 is ridiculous compared to what difference an ITG does to an R53 Mark.
I didn’t believe it until I saw the evidence.
[emoji15]

marchutch
1st June 2019, 10:38 PM
I can well believe it with modern engines Pete. Not something I have much experience with.

CiderFex
1st June 2019, 10:39 PM
I can well believe it with modern engines Pete. Not something I have much experience with.

Aye, it’s shocked me just what is doable with an N18.

Craig
2nd June 2019, 12:04 PM
My R55 JCW has an itg filter installed. Douglas and the guys fitted it when I got my downpipe done. Not sure I noticed any diff tbh, but I know the car will be breathing a bit better than with the factory filter

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

CiderFex
2nd June 2019, 12:05 PM
My R55 JCW has an itg filter installed. Douglas and the guys fitted it when I got my downpipe done. Not sure I noticed any diff tbh, but I know the car will be breathing a bit better than with the factory filter

Thanks Craig.
[emoji1303]

Craig
2nd June 2019, 12:07 PM
I'm sure it's just a few screws on the top of the airbox to change it over [emoji106]

CiderFex
2nd June 2019, 12:09 PM
I'm sure it's just a few screws on the top of the airbox to change it over [emoji106]

Yeah, it’s remove 3 x 25 Torx screws, remove the sensor, remove the intake pipe, install the ITG and put it all back together.
It’ll take me about 5 hours.
[emoji12]

Craig
2nd June 2019, 12:11 PM
[emoji23][emoji16]