PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel controls - R56

Borvad
21st May 2019, 07:38 PM
Looking at a couple of these online, some window shopping .......but a few dont have either the sat nav unit or the steering wheel controls.
I'd sacrifice one or the other, but I wouldnt wanna sacrifice both.

How easy is it to get the steering wheel controls fitted, if at all?

thanks

M600-RKJ
22nd May 2019, 11:41 PM
Looking at a couple of these online, some window shopping .......but a few dont have either the sat nav unit or the steering wheel controls.
I'd sacrifice one or the other, but I wouldnt wanna sacrifice both.

How easy is it to get the steering wheel controls fitted, if at all?

thanksThey can be retrofitted but you would need to find someone capable of doing the coding required all of the wiring is already in the car but you need to tell the car it is now equipped with the controls. Not sure if it can be done using carly or more advanced coding.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MINI William
23rd May 2019, 08:09 AM
Can’t be done via Carly. I know Douglas at B&M has more advanced coding software so worth giving him a call

Ehjack
28th May 2019, 08:37 PM
If it has no controls on the steering wheel then you will need quite a few parts. I'd imagine a new slip ring and wires to the DME.

You would then need to use E-SYS to add the VO code option for the MFSW.

You may also need some sensor modules as well.

Not any easy task. But if you're brave enough and do some research it's probably do-able.

I retrofitted driving modes which my car didn't come with. I had to install a new control unit and wire up to the BDC with 2 pins. Then used e-sys to activate option in the software.