PDA

View Full Version : Bulb Warning Light

Twisterboy
20th May 2019, 07:09 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick question, on a couple of occasions when I start the car the bulb warning light comes on, the little triangle appears next to trip meter then goes away, I've carried out a bulb check on each occasion and all bulbs are working, is this just telling me one is failing or something else afoot? Car is running fine.

Thanks in advance.

Davy

CiderFex
20th May 2019, 07:25 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick question, on a couple of occasions when I start the car the bulb warning light comes on, the little triangle appears next to trip meter then goes away, I've carried out a bulb check on each occasion and all bulbs are working, is this just telling me one is failing or something else afoot? Car is running fine.

Thanks in advance.

Davy

The car might be being a bit over cautious.
On a couple of occasions I’ve had the warning triangle a few times, for various reasons,and it’s turned itself off after a few minutes.
I’ve always checked the vehicle status and it’s never flagged up any issues.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

matsarm
20th May 2019, 07:44 AM
If you’re quick enough when the warning comes on, scroll through to the Check screen on the dash where it lists all your messages and press and hold the BC button on the indicator stalk for about 5 seconds. It’ll bring up a code - google it and it’ll tell you which bulb is throwing the error.

I had it before on one of my last BMWs and it was always the left rear brake light. The bulb eventually went after a few more weeks.

Some instructions here: http://mr-fix.info/bmw-cc-id-codes-fault-warning-messages/

MINI William
20th May 2019, 08:22 AM
Have you changed any bulbs for LED? If so it’ll bring up a warning and then disappear

Twisterboy
20th May 2019, 11:58 AM
Only bulbs I have changed was headlights to nightbreakers about two months back.

Will see if it rears itself again and try and catch the code via the bc button.

Thanks guys.

Davy

Twisterboy
24th June 2019, 07:14 AM
A wee update - I think I might have the source of the problem, when I got my car serviced couple of weeks back, I asked the garage to reset the service light as the last garage I took it to for a peace of mind service never reset the light, turns out it's possibly the Brake Pad Wear indicator as before I bought the car the pads were changed on the rear.

Davy

Twisterboy
22nd August 2019, 07:03 AM
Another wee update!

It's my passenger sidelight bulb but I think it's a gremlin in the system as sometimes it comes on and sometimes not! So guessing it's maybe the connection or the wiring system!

Davy