PDA

View Full Version : Engine low in revs when just started?

Chiffy
30th April 2019, 08:32 PM
Mini Cooper 2007, When this engine is just started for a few minutes it splutters and the revs drop to about 500rpm, after a short time or drive it is normal, could this indicate coil packs? I have cleaned the cam sensors and they had some build up of very fine metal on them. Thanks in advance to the experts in here!

Julz
4th May 2019, 12:34 PM
I had the exact same issue, posted on here about it too but never got to the bottom of it. You feel like the car is away to stall but it doesn’t. Not much help I’m afraid but just so you know you’re not alone! [emoji38]

stoney
4th May 2019, 12:37 PM
Do they possible need of a de coke?

Possible build up of carbon ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Julz
4th May 2019, 12:39 PM
Mine had a full engine rebuild and still did this after, although the engine is now dead!

stoney
4th May 2019, 01:25 PM
Mine had a full engine rebuild and still did this after, although the engine is now dead!Wow after the rebuild as well did you talk to the people who rebuilt it ?
Whats happened to the engine?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Julz
4th May 2019, 02:10 PM
The engine was just a big giant lemon, even after all the work done on it, it still misbehaved for no reason other than it could! The engine blew up 3 months ago and she’s been on the transplant waiting list since! Ambulance booked to collect her on Tuesday then she’s off to B&M to hopefully be revived, despite all the trouble I love that wee car!