PDA

View Full Version : bodykits

sleepyrascal
26th October 2004, 05:43 AM
I found these rather strange mini body kits. What is the general opinion??

http://www.autostyling.uk.com/img/pop/zone_mini_cooper_02.jpg

http://www.autostyling.uk.com/img/pop/zone_mini_cooper_01.jpg

find this at:

http://www.autostyling.uk.com/body_kits.asp?brand=MINI&kit_name=STINGER

Nenah
26th October 2004, 06:05 AM
Cool but look like pot hole and speed bump hell!!!

Big Col
26th October 2004, 06:30 AM
Bleh! Looks like it was made by airfix.

Mini Me
26th October 2004, 07:16 AM
Don't tell MINI UK,but i think its way cooooollll............

Steph
26th October 2004, 07:17 AM
Looks like a wide mouthed frog :D
Image is too fake - MINI floating in mid-air and tinted windows not real! Look at those edges - bit of artistic interpretation going on :eek:

sleepyrascal
26th October 2004, 08:33 AM
No this is real! It's called the Stinger kit. £1165. I like the rear. Maybe using the rear bumper and Orciari front, you would have a nice kit!!

Smurf
26th October 2004, 03:59 PM
Hmmm. Not sure. I think it looks a bit too angular for the Mini's nice smoooooooth lines.

Would need to see it in the flesh.

Julz
26th October 2004, 04:21 PM
There was somebody at the Fast and Modified show in Aberdeen with this kit, in Indie blue too! It's pretty smart, and doesn't look too low in the flesh (as it were!) Quite subtle when you see it on the road, that pic looks like there ten million flood lights shining on it!!;):D

The Dogfather
26th October 2004, 04:31 PM
Horrible, mind you I hate bodykits (apart from the Aero). Keep it subtle that's the way to do it!

Scottie
26th October 2004, 05:00 PM
Funny I seen a blue Mini with this kit on it in the East Gate car park Inverness on Sunday past it was from Dumfries with a website address on the back which I cannae remember. It had racing seats inside. Not seen anything like it before. Really different to that common Zeemax kit.:p:D

Steve74
26th October 2004, 07:35 PM
Not what a Mini is meant to look like but if u like it what the hell!

Burple
26th October 2004, 07:46 PM
That must be the same Indie blue one I saw in Dundee a couple of months back then!! They fair get aboot a bit!! ;):D:D

Looks ok... not a fan of that front end tho...

sleepyrascal
26th October 2004, 08:17 PM
I tend to agree with bad dog. I'm not really a fan of big bodykits. Although I am still keen to make some slight changes to my standard look coop. aero is an option but I was thinking maybe even just changing to s side skirts and slightly modifies s rear end. not decided yet though.

Duncan Stewart
26th October 2004, 08:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Bleh! Looks like it was made by airfix.

Nice! :D:D:D:D:D:p

The Dogfather
26th October 2004, 09:13 PM
Sleepy - Just fitted S skirts to my coop, looks great!

MartinSullivan
26th October 2004, 09:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

S Skirts definitely look great fitted to a Coop - and you can usually pick them up on ebay pretty cheap

sleepyrascal
26th October 2004, 10:19 PM
s skirts are the next purchase after winter tyres.

Burple
26th October 2004, 11:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

S Skirts definitely look great fitted to a Coop - and you can usually pick them up on ebay pretty cheap

If you're really lucky you can pick 'em up for free from your local friendly dealer when they put an aero kit on an 'S'... ;)
I've heard of them just being lobbed in the skip otherwise!

mgemie
1st November 2004, 06:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Funny I seen a blue Mini with this kit on it in the East Gate car park Inverness on Sunday past it was from Dumfries with a website address on the back which I cannae remember. It had racing seats inside. Not seen anything like it before. Really different to that common Zeemax kit.:p:D

If this is the IB MINI from dumfries then its the one from DA Autoparts so that'll be the URL. Its a MO with the Carzone kit fitted and various other bits'n'pieces...