PDA

View Full Version : video play back

maxy
5th March 2019, 11:40 PM
hi

try to play any video through the USB connection but no success, i have the proper y cable, phone i iPhone 6s up-to date and mini connected is also up-to date.

however i just cant get anything to play, music is fine all controls work and album art is displayed.

car is a 2011 cooper s with navigation.

any advice is most welcome

best regards

maxy

ianking
6th March 2019, 09:39 AM
Ages ago I had a 2012 Countryman with the media pack. I could play videos with the new style Y cable, mini connected app and the handbrake on.

However, I believe that the new update on the mini connected app does not support video playback. If you could somehow find an old version of the mini connected app then it would work.

Kettlepot
6th March 2019, 03:22 PM
I have succeeded to get videos to play via an old iPhone with 30pin (analogue) adaptor. As mentioned the car needs to be stationary and handbrake on unless coded out. Possible different versions of 30 pin cable may not allow video

Video from USB - not possible so I’ve been told. Despite still trying

Video via cradle -(in arm rest) could be possible with the right adaptor but I have had no success

Video via lightening cable (digital) - I have not managed to get this to work with up to date iPhone X

I believe MINI stopped updating things for the R56 so anything after 2012 probably won’t work to maximum potential - rather frustrating !

I hope this helps,

maxy
6th March 2019, 11:21 PM
cheers guys think i will need to give up !!

CiderFex
7th March 2019, 10:10 AM
I’m sure that when I bought Rocky (R59 JCW) that I read somewhere that it had been disabled in the R cars due to “safety concerns”.
I had been using “Connected Classic” up until a few days ago and it just would not work. I’ve since deleted it and installed ”Connected” and I’m back up and using Amazon Music again, which is THE main thing that I use it for.
There is still no way that I can find to play videos anywhere though.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

M600-RKJ
7th March 2019, 03:06 PM
I’m sure that when I bought Rocky (R59 JCW) that I read somewhere that it had been disabled in the R cars due to “safety concerns”.
I had been using “Connected Classic” up until a few days ago and it just would not work. I’ve since deleted it and installed ”Connected” and I’m back up and using Amazon Music again, which is THE main thing that I use it for.
There is still no way that I can find to play videos anywhere though.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.I tried using the regular connected app but it wouldnt let me register my vin in the app

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

CiderFex
7th March 2019, 05:48 PM
I tried using the regular connected app but it wouldnt let me register my vin in the app

Which version are you using Mark ?
There’s Connected, Connected Classic & Connected XL.

M600-RKJ
7th March 2019, 05:50 PM
Which version are you using Mark ?
There’s Connected, Connected Classic & Connected XL.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.I tried just connected but when I launched it asked for the VIN and wouldnt let me register the coupe. So I phoned up mini and they said that only the classic would work with my car. I've had the classic working through dads iPhone 8 but I cant get it to work with my phone but I think USB C is the issue

M600-RKJ
7th March 2019, 05:52 PM
This is the one that wouldnt let me registerhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190307/1cb15356484b684afe952284a16e2c2f.jpg

CiderFex
7th March 2019, 06:03 PM
I tried just connected but when I launched it asked for the VIN and wouldnt let me register the coupe. So I phoned up mini and they said that only the classic would work with my car. I've had the classic working through dads iPhone 8 but I cant get it to work with my phone but I think USB C is the issue

That’s mad.
I used to use the Classic but I’m now having to use Connected because the Roadster just will not recognise the Classic app anymore.
When I tried the Classic I just kept getting a message which says “this app needs to be updated” but BMW are not updating it anymore.
I only tried the Connected app by chance and luckily it worked for me.

CiderFex
7th March 2019, 06:03 PM
This is the one that wouldnt let me registerhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190307/1cb15356484b684afe952284a16e2c2f.jpg

That’s the version that I’m now having to use.
[emoji15]

M600-RKJ
7th March 2019, 06:07 PM
That’s the version that I’m now having to use.
[emoji15]

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.I'll maybe steal dads iPhone again and have another go. My friend did make a suggest about using a micro USB to USB C connecter and that may work with my phone. But tbh I think the easiest solution is just to buy a phone to leave in the car.

With the newer app can you still get the sport gauges and the G meterhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190307/cab8e8e164e19dbc850e2306667aacc3.jpg

CiderFex
7th March 2019, 06:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190307/cab8e8e164e19dbc850e2306667aacc3.jpg

At first glance I thought that you’d took that pic whilst doing 70mph !!!
[emoji15]
I then realised that it was the seat belt warning light.
[emoji23]

M600-RKJ
7th March 2019, 06:23 PM
At first glance I thought that you’d took that pic whilst doing 70mph !!!
[emoji15]
I then realised that it was the seat belt warning light.
[emoji23]

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.Hahahhahaha

And coasting with the engine at idle hahahah

CiderFex
7th March 2019, 06:24 PM
Hahahhahaha

And coasting with the engine at idle hahahah

[emoji23]