PDA

View Full Version : Rolling roads

KINGHORN
26th October 2004, 05:18 AM
any 1 on here had there mini on 1 and does any1 recomend any,

dastek are at the top of my list at the mo.

Eggy7496
26th October 2004, 05:27 AM
no i havent and wouldnt !! ive been told to keep awa from them

Gismo
26th October 2004, 05:43 AM
I would stongly advise you not to take your car on a rolling road :dead:
You can cause serious damage to your engine due to the extreme temperatures that are made during the process, huge powerfull fans are not the answer

If you are still keen then i'm sorry i don't know of any local places

KINGHORN
26th October 2004, 05:49 AM
i am wantin a starting figue before i start doin up the engine no point doin stuff if u dont have proof its workin

Steph
26th October 2004, 07:21 AM
Don't they put your car on a rolling road to test exhaust emissions, braking efficiency etc for MOTs??

Julz
26th October 2004, 04:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

i am wantin a starting figue before i start doin up the engine no point doin stuff if u dont have proof its workin

That's all fair and well, but a rolling road could result in serious damage to your engine! I'd rather go by roundabout figures than wreck my car, as this certainly won't be covered by your warranty!!;) Rob took his car to a rolling road day with the Porsche club, but his car is oil cooled and they do something magical to it that stops the oil cooled ones over heating, but don't ask me what!!:clown: (ice cubes in the oil or something:p)

If you must though, Dastek are probably the best candidates as they are currently working on a mini for modifying!!:)

GAJ
26th October 2004, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

If you can't feel a difference when you drive it, it's not worth doing surely! Numbers on their own don't mean much.

macblob
27th October 2004, 01:36 AM
Star Performance just outside Kircaldy have a four wheel drive rolling rd.

Well respected VAG group tuners

lightbody
28th October 2004, 05:32 AM
I had a very bad experience with my MINI on a rolling road. Still not sure what exactly happened but it jumped off the rollers and nearly went through a brick wall at 80mph!!

I'd never do it again!!!