PDA

View Full Version : TPMS ?

Ehjack
28th February 2019, 07:12 PM
So I've got my new wheels and tyres ready to go on but what's the best method for TPMS?

1) Move my tpms from my stock wheels over?
2) buy new ones (£290 even with NMS discount)
3) use after market sensors about £100-150 but heard there can be connectivity issues??
4) don't use tpms and live with the annoying dong and dashboard light

Anyone been in the same situation with aftermarket wheels? What did you do? No way I'm paying £200+ for sensors [emoji85]

DigitalLemming
28th February 2019, 07:39 PM
I live with it when I’ve got my wheels on, like you say you get the light on the dash and a whinging message on the centre display but it doesn’t bother me

M600-RKJ
28th February 2019, 07:41 PM
Unless they updated the system from the gen 2 cars. The TPS is run from your wheel speed sensor. So you can reset it and shouldnt pop up.

Andrew fit sparcos to his JCW so he would be the man to ask

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ehjack
28th February 2019, 07:43 PM
Ah cool, yeah I've got Team Dynamics pro 1.2 to go on. If it's not that intrusive then I might not bother with tpms. They are only going to be summer wheels anyway

Ehjack
28th February 2019, 08:02 PM
I live with it when I’ve got my wheels on, like you say you get the light on the dash and a whinging message on the centre display but it doesn’t bother meIs it just the one dong you get when you start the car or is it continuous? The light on dash wouldn't bother me, I have my car with traction off all the time so I'm used to a yellow light anyway lol. I don't know if I could live with a sound all the time though ...

DigitalLemming
28th February 2019, 08:08 PM
Apart from when you start the car the only other time I get it is when I’m on a run or a convoy type situation and the system resets itself because I’m close enough to another car for it to sense it’s TPMS. In which case you just dismiss it again.

General day to day driving it only triggered on start.

Ehjack
28th February 2019, 08:10 PM
Cool sounds ideal. I will likely just go that route myself then. Thanks!