PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust trim protection

goggs
10th February 2019, 06:39 PM
So I’ve had the F56 for around 4 months and put just over 1000mls on her, had the car detailed not long after taking delivery but have noticed a bit of carbon build up on the drivers side exhaust trim, gave the F56 it’s weekly snowfoam wash and polished the offending tip tip with autoglym super resin polish then applied a couple of coats of megs alloy wheel wax for now, just wondering what you guys do to keep the crud off the tips [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiderFex
10th February 2019, 08:32 PM
I’ve never tried anything to try and keep my tips clean.
I just leave them throughout the Winter and then spend way longer than I’ll admit to cleaning them up in Spring.
[emoji30]

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

goggs
10th February 2019, 09:10 PM
I’ve never tried anything to try and keep my tips clean.
I just leave them throughout the Winter and then spend way longer than I’ll admit to cleaning them up in Spring.
[emoji30]

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

I’ve used autosol metal polish on prior cars I’ve bought to great effect but was hoping to keep these clean without too much effort tbh [emoji849]

goggs
10th February 2019, 10:12 PM
[emoji16]

Mon the fish
10th February 2019, 10:33 PM
I use FK1000p wax on my tips once they've been polished. Remember once you've polished them you're leaving a bare surface with no protection - two coats of this helps a good bit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MINI William
11th February 2019, 12:39 PM
I use Chemical Guys metal wax and always get good results. With them cleaning up with a quick snow foam.

goggs
11th February 2019, 03:24 PM
Thanks gents [emoji1303]