PDA

View Full Version : Going rate for 53 'S with Chili?

Tahra
25th October 2004, 05:04 PM
Hi folks, John here.

Just wondering what the going rate is for selling an S with 10.5k miles on the clock. We're toying with the idea of downsizing to a cheaper car (to basically stick another 10k back into savings), and wondered what kind of money to expect.

Car is pretty much mint aside from some minor marks on the front left alloy (courtesy of the Mrs) and is just a little shy of first TLC service, but has been a "good 'un" without any niggles whatsoever since purchased new a year ago.

We'll probably replace it with something soulless and dull, and regret it straight away, if we do this at all.

Oh, private sale preferred due to the fact we're not trading up.

Cheers,

John

Big Col
25th October 2004, 05:35 PM
This is a handy starter for 10 John.

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/Valuations_Search.asp

Duncan Stewart
25th October 2004, 05:40 PM
No! Don't do it - you'll regret it :(
Anyways best of luck. Vauxhall website suggests £14.5K trade in value so you should get more private sale and with Chilli pack.

Tahra
25th October 2004, 06:11 PM
Hmmmm... I'd be pretty pleased to get £15k for it! Sure, I'd regret it, but the great thing would be that we wouldn't be spending the money and could go out again and buy another, should we so wish. However, at the moment we're really just looking into things and getting a feel for whether it's worth doing or not.

Thanks,

John

Big Col
25th October 2004, 06:16 PM
Hey John is it no about time you got the finger out and got yourself your own account on here? It only takes 2 mins. :)

Tahra
25th October 2004, 06:39 PM
I know, I know... but... but... I s'pose if we did end up selling Scooby we'd probably not have a lot of cause to visit, alas... so, maybe I'll jes hang off a bit longer... :D

John

Duncan Stewart
25th October 2004, 08:25 PM
Why not change it for a Cooper? will give you several thousand left over to stick in the bank and much lower running costs.
The Cooper is better than the S anyway IMO ;)
,waits for a torrent of abuse from S owners! :p

Big Gordy
25th October 2004, 08:34 PM
And the 'ONE' is better than the cooper :p so you would save even more money :p:D:approve:

Tahra
25th October 2004, 08:48 PM
Actually, T. fancies a 'Classic'. In purple, of course.

Me? Dunno... older Golf or something cheap to run. Thinking about doing a PhD, hence thoughts of downsizing and economising... plus, the S is *so* thirsty, it's not so suitable as a commute car...

John

monkimagic
26th October 2004, 04:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tahra

Hi folks, John here.

Just wondering what the going rate is for selling an S with 10.5k miles on the clock. We're toying with the idea of downsizing to a cheaper car (to basically stick another 10k back into savings), and wondered what kind of money to expect.

Car is pretty much mint aside from some minor marks on the front left alloy (courtesy of the Mrs) and is just a little shy of first TLC service, but has been a "good 'un" without any niggles whatsoever since purchased new a year ago.

We'll probably replace it with something soulless and dull, and regret it straight away, if we do this at all.

Oh, private sale preferred due to the fact we're not trading up.

Cheers,

John

Guys, why ?????

Before committing to this, take a hire car out for a day, £22, the best £22 you will ever spend !!! I use them quite alot for work and all of them are sh*t !!!! Golf, corsa, focus, pure pants having a MINI too return to is a god send and only then do you realise what you have. :D

How ever money does govern alot of what we do:mad:, but before making this choice, take a day out in another car !!!!

Monki:cool:

Tahra
1st November 2004, 07:03 PM
Now for sale, £15k. We decided that we will sell Mini now and perhaps come back to the fold when the Cooper M comes out... if it ever comes out... M for Mmmmmm....

John

Big Col
1st November 2004, 07:11 PM
Boooooooooooooo!!!

Tahra
1st November 2004, 08:55 PM
Proper member here !! Its very booooo - dont like all this being grown up and sensible, was more into the idea when we were thinking with daft heads of trading in Scooby against a S2000. As for Duncan's comment, yes I probably had just as much fun if not more so with the Coop and as for Monki, this is our second MINI and probably not the last....!

Big Col
1st November 2004, 10:24 PM
Awwwww don't do it! You'll regret it with an few days and will go buy a new one thus costing you more money!

Tahra
1st November 2004, 11:12 PM
John here: Maybe we just ought to trade up to the S2000 and be done with being sensible. What say you, wife?

Big Col
1st November 2004, 11:13 PM
Go on Wifey! Be a man and trade up! ;)

P.S

Works 'S!!!