PDA

View Full Version : Engine support bushings

Ehjack
27th January 2019, 10:44 AM
Hey all,

I've just ordered the Powerflex sport engine support mount bushings (yellow). I didn't want to go for the race (black) as I've heard the vibrations can be a bit much especially since this is my daily driver!

How easy is the install to do yourself? Is it just the case of popping out the old one, greasing the new one and inserting? Has it made a significant difference to the shifting?

MINI William
27th January 2019, 12:02 PM
Seen that a few people have changed the mounts over. Not something I’ve done so can’t be of any help

Eddie_JCW
27th January 2019, 12:41 PM
One thing I will say is, be very careful! If a dealer spots that it could invalidate the warranty on a lot of things. As much as changing the bushes would probably be something I'd like to do, the fact the manufacturer warranty I had on my R56 paid for a new clutch and flywheel I wouldn't be messing with anything that could affect the warranty in that area.

Ehjack
27th January 2019, 12:49 PM
One thing I will say is, be very careful! If a dealer spots that it could invalidate the warranty on a lot of things. As much as changing the bushes would probably be something I'd like to do, the fact the manufacturer warranty I had on my R56 paid for a new clutch and flywheel I wouldn't be messing with anything that could affect the warranty in that area.Hmm maybe you're right. The whole reason I went for the JCW pro coilovers was to maintain warranty. I'll perhaps just keep them and fit them in 2 years when the warranty runs out ha ha.

The engine is the one part I don't want to mess with when it comes to warranty.

Tom29er
27th January 2019, 02:08 PM
I had the engine lower engine mount large bush replaced on my car when I had it modified and was charged 30 mins to fit it so it must be a simple job. As my orginal engine mounting bush was still in good condition and I cannot say I have noticed any diffrence but the Power flex yellow bush is more durable and holds the engine steadier and they say it can reduce vibration. I have heard that the original bushes can fail if you start you start pushing power etc. and start knocking. Note: I never use the original bush on my upgraded car.

As you say the black is for track/racing usage and could be too firm for daily usage.