PDA

View Full Version : New Skod on the Block!

ELFMAN
20th January 2019, 10:58 AM
Here’s my new Daily Driver. Had another Fabia for 7 reliable years so while it was still worth something I decided to trade in for a newer (2018) model with under 4K on the clock. Excellent wee motor, 94 bhp 3-pot turbo, sounds like a ‘mini-me’ 911 under acceleration. More refined than the previous incarnation (where have you heard THAT before?) You’ll notice it’s in ‘Team ELF’ colours... almost!

Still enjoying the S, which is going as well as ever, and looking forward to Spring when I can get back to topless motoring in my 45 year old MGB. 1950 Oselli Stage 2, Stainless Manifold & single box system, uprated upsuspension with Gaz shocks etc. This is where the money went after I convinced myself the Mini was finally just how I wanted it!

Happy Motoring everybody, whatever you’re driving.

DigitalLemming
20th January 2019, 03:48 PM
I take it that’s your daily house and the summer house in the first two photos as well

MINI William
20th January 2019, 04:40 PM
Really nice Elfman

badwolf340
20th January 2019, 05:36 PM
Nice Elfman :thumbs up:

Crombers
20th January 2019, 07:25 PM
Excellent, many happy motoring miles :motoring:

CiderFex
20th January 2019, 07:35 PM
Looks great.
[emoji41]

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

EcosseGP
20th January 2019, 07:38 PM
Excellent Elfman .... but the fastest colour isn’t white lol.
Many happy miles of trouble free motoring in the new machine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twisterboy
20th January 2019, 07:38 PM
Looks good, I have a Fabia just like this in estate form, it’s mainly the family car for taking kids to nursery, so it’s only covered 5700 miles in a year since new.

I have the 1.0 MPI, have to work it hard, but fun to drive, even better since I lowered it, this is our third Skoda and so far not had any problems with this one.

Davy

ELFMAN
21st January 2019, 11:34 AM
I take it that’s your daily house and the summer house in the first two photos as well

Correct Andrew. Had to find somewhere suitable to park the MG! Don’t get much chance to drive it though, most of my time these days seems to be spent hoovering and dusting, and as for the garden...

Thanks for the positive comments folks, the Fabia looks a bit more sporty than my previous one but it’s no Hot Hatch, not even warm! But it’s not overly slow either and über-practical and when you have an R56 which, like Fleetwood Mac, “Goes its own way” when you floor it on a country road, that’s quite enough excitement!