PDA

View Full Version : Carly Coding OBD device...

Iain
9th January 2019, 10:46 AM
Hi,
I found this youtube clip on coding Minis and really fancied a few of the mods...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9woJLUrL7I

Does anyone know if the Carly Code device is good and would help in achieving those mods?

Mine is F54 2017, Cooper S Clubman.

Also... What difference is the Carly Lite and Carly Pro - apart from price - for Android?

Thanks in advance.

MINI William
9th January 2019, 11:36 AM
Carly light won’t allow you to code and you will also need to purchase a Carly OBD. adapter as well as the app

MINI William
9th January 2019, 11:42 AM
Also what Idrive system do you have? The one shown in the video or the newest version as some of the coding in the video isn’t available for the latest version

Iain
9th January 2019, 04:24 PM
Also what Idrive system do you have? The one shown in the video or the newest version as some of the coding in the video isn’t available for the latest version
Thanks for the response...
If by "iDrive" you mean the control interface for the central control screen... then I have the panel beside the parking brake switch with the touch sensitive knob, (no tittering) and the menu button with 4 other buttons around it... plus a back button & option button behind.

Pardon my ignorance...

Iain
9th January 2019, 06:30 PM
Carly light won’t allow you to code and you will also need to purchase a Carly OBD. adapter as well as the app

What functions does the Carly Lite have then, please?
Just the warning code facility?

MINI William
10th January 2019, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the response...
If by "iDrive" you mean the control interface for the central control screen... then I have the panel beside the parking brake switch with the touch sensitive knob, (no tittering) and the menu button with 4 other buttons around it... plus a back button & option button behind.

Pardon my ignorance...

I mean the actual programme it’s self shown on the centre screen.. Does it match that in the video or is it the new version.

MINI William
10th January 2019, 02:22 PM
What functions does the Carly Lite have then, please?
Just the warning code facility?

Not a great deal. Can’t fully remember what but next to nothing

Iain
10th January 2019, 04:14 PM
I mean the actual programme it’s self shown on the centre screen.. Does it match that in the video or is it the new version.

No, my screen looks different to the one in the video.

MINI William
10th January 2019, 05:39 PM
Then some of the things your wanting coded won’t work such as tyre temp