PDA

View Full Version : Will I need to Lower the Mini?

Twisterboy
7th January 2019, 08:12 AM
Hi all,

Quick question. So I've purchased the R105's JCW alloys for my Mini One Graphite, which I'm hoping to get on the car by end of March, start of April, but my question is, will I have to lower the Mini or do you think it will look alright as it is. I am planning on lowering it in time but TBH if I can get away with then I won't.

My mate previously had the JCW's on a 2011 Kia Rio, and he never lowered it and it looked good, and I've been looking at my Mini and I'm sure there is plenty of space in for the wheel to fill the arches without the need to lower it.

Hope you can help.

Davy

Mon the fish
7th January 2019, 09:00 AM
Totally up to you in terms of how you feel the car looks, but IMO it will look better lowered a bit.

Be prepared for a big change in ride quality - these are heavy wheels with rubber band tyres, and on the standard mega - firm suspension you'll really feel it.

Don't think aftermarket suspension is automatically stiffer either; a lot of the choices out there are actually more compliant than stock

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Big Gordy
7th January 2019, 09:15 AM
I found the Eibach lowered springs better than the standard mini ONE springs and it dropped the whole car by about 30mm.
The gap from the tyre to the arch will probably be the same when you swap the wheels over as all you've done is make the wheel bigger and the tyre smaller so the outer diameter will be more or less the same :Whistle:

Twisterboy
7th January 2019, 12:59 PM
Cheers guys, might be worthwhile investing in a set of springs then.

It's going to be a expensive couple of months.

Davy

MINI William
7th January 2019, 03:27 PM
It’s entirely up to you. It won’t need to be lowered but will potentially look better. Put the wheels on and they see how you feel. If your going to be lowering the car anyway then perfect.

badwolf340
7th January 2019, 07:33 PM
If you have a look on the gallery section ,Williams first MINI will be there fitted with R105’s ,may give you an idea of how it would look

Twisterboy
7th January 2019, 10:57 PM
Had a look, guessing Williams Mini was not lowered?

If not it looks as if it sits perfectly.

Davy

MINI William
8th January 2019, 12:11 AM
No my ONE wasn’t lowered

Twisterboy
8th January 2019, 08:07 AM
Well I think Yours sat perfectly on the R105's and made up my mind if mine sits like that I'm just going to leave lowering it.

Davy