PDA

View Full Version : Frozen windows when opening F56

Pixelmunky
30th December 2018, 03:21 PM
Hey folks, well seen as it’s been freezing lately, I have noticed that when I go to open my doors on my F56, the mechanism that rolls the window down just a wee bit is frozen, meaning when I close the door I don’t get a good seal.

I am just concerned that this is gonna damage something. I’m assuming all you F56 owners experience this in the freezing temps as well? Any tips or tricks? I’m thinking a defrost spray can or something? But does that play nice with the rubbers around the seal?

Cheers :)

goggs
30th December 2018, 05:58 PM
I have the same issue with the F56, had the same with the TT’s over the years, frameless windows are the issue [emoji849]other than going over the rubbers with some gummi pflege I now just run around the window/rubber with a bank or credit card to free the glass from the rubber to allow the drop, I’m not a fan of spraying anything on window rubbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehjack
30th December 2018, 06:31 PM
I had that problem. I went to go work and couldn't get any doors open to even start the car and defrost!!

Gummi Pflege is amazing. Costs about £9 on Amazon and it has even prevented a squeaky window. Makes all the rubber look new too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MINI William
30th December 2018, 08:12 PM
Not something I’ve experienced on my cars but would suggest going over with de-icer if the windows are frozen

Pixelmunky
30th December 2018, 08:17 PM
It’s more that the mechanism is frozen solid. Like I can get the door open as the window just moves past the rubber seals but the window is still fully up, so when I close to door it hits the rubber, as it would usually be down a little bit to get past it. Don’t think there’s any way to solve that issue, but was just concerned it was gonna cause some kind of damage.