PDA

View Full Version : Digital POWER SoundModule

Scottie
25th October 2004, 04:18 AM
I have ordered this with the dealer to be retro fitted to my Cabrio. Now I'm wondering if I've made the right decision.

It is a amplifier/loudspeaker package designed to get the most out of the radio wave and radio boost, giving a powerful bass-driven sound. Amplifier output is 660 watts with a sound pressure level of 128 desibels.

I think this is a new option
Has anybody got this package and is it worth the £800.

Eggy7496
25th October 2004, 04:01 PM
sounds new to me, i habve the harmon kardon mini system, that was 350 and its amazin!!! 800 is a bit steep like. Have u heard the harmon kardon system in a mini b4?

Scottie
25th October 2004, 05:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

sounds new to me, i habve the harmon kardon mini system, that was 350 and its amazin!!! 800 is a bit steep like. Have u heard the harmon kardon system in a mini b4?

Yip had it in my tin top Cooper S but took it out.

Mini Me
27th October 2004, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I have ordered this with the dealer to be retro fitted to my Cabrio. Now I'm wondering if I've made the right decision.

It is a amplifier/loudspeaker package designed to get the most out of the radio wave and radio boost, giving a powerful bass-driven sound. Amplifier output is 660 watts with a sound pressure level of 128 desibels.

I think this is a new option
Has anybody got this package and is it worth the £800.

my young collegue clare is getting it fitted to her new demo in a fortnight,will let you know the outcome,but the guys in product test told me it was fab.:p:p:p

macblob
27th October 2004, 06:19 AM
800 quid could buy you a shed load of aftermarket ICE.

Sounds very pricey to me

lightbody
28th October 2004, 05:37 AM
does 800 include fitting?

I'm finding that the harman-kardon is causing various trim-rattle issues in my 3 week old car!! I cant imagine what double (?) the power would cause... but i'm visualising large parts of the trim falling off!

Having said that - loving both the car and the stereo!