PDA

View Full Version : F55/56 coilovers?

Ehjack
22nd December 2018, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any coil overs for sale? Looking to replace my lowering springs with coils and before I take the plunge of spending a crazy amount of money, I thought i would see if I could pick up a bargain first :)

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Gogs
25th December 2018, 11:03 PM
How did you find the ride on lowering springs if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehjack
25th December 2018, 11:08 PM
I didn't really notice much difference in terms of comfort. After a couple weeks of if bedding in, it went a little firmer but nothing crazy.

I went with H&R springs and they have been fantastic.

It made the car look and feel so much better. But my car is a F55 which sits a bit higher than the F56 and springs wasn't low enough for me. So I've ordered coils now :)

Gogs
25th December 2018, 11:13 PM
That’s good to hear. I’m considering springs for my F54 clubman which has the adaptive dampers fitted. My car also sits quite high at the front but I can’t justify the expense of a full set of coilovers unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehjack
25th December 2018, 11:21 PM
Yeah you're pretty limited in terms of coilovers for DDC. Would definitely recommend springs, cheap and cheerful and gives you the look/feel.

Remember to get it aligned after a few weeks of fitting in case anything is out.

EcosseGP
26th December 2018, 02:09 PM
They’ll be a set of springs heading onto the Clubby when I get a chance. I’ve got a set of AC Schnitzer springs on the F56 and I’ve had no issues with them so far. They’re very compromising and tbh I think they’re every bit as good as the Eibach Pros that is usually put on.
I’m not a fan of coil overs but maybe they’ve changed since I last had a set on the car !