PDA

View Full Version : For those that don’t like the Union Jack lights

MINI William
17th December 2018, 04:49 PM
There is now an official MINI retrofit to revert back to the pre LCI style. Brilliant news in my opinion as I’m not a huge fan of the Union Jack lights but they aes growing on me.

goggs
17th December 2018, 05:06 PM
I’ve been surprised at the number of positive comments I’ve had regarding the Union Jack lights, I wasn’t sold on them but after a few months of ownership I like them [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M600-RKJ
17th December 2018, 05:17 PM
I'm actually quite a fan of the new lights. Although I do think you have to have your side lights on constantly as just the brake light looks a bit pants.

I'm keeping tab on a guy in Taiwan producing his interpretation of the UJ lights for all generations of mini. He has r50-53 lights and is about to start work on r55 lights

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MINI William
17th December 2018, 06:25 PM
I’m certainly liking them more than I originally did but far from wanting them on my car.

Twisterboy
18th December 2018, 08:06 AM
Got to admit I was not a fan when I first seen them in pictures, but have to admit seeing them in the flesh they are quite funky, would not mind a set to try and retrofit to mine. Done that once on one my old cars, I retrofitted LED tail lights from the Hybrid Model to my car with standard bulbs.

Davy

badwolf340
18th December 2018, 08:46 AM
Did not like the pics of the U J lights but changing my mind and they are not bad

ianking
18th December 2018, 01:28 PM
I didn't like them when the LCi pics were first released, but now that they are actually on the cars and I see them in person they look good.

I have had plenty people comment positively when they see them lit up on my car.

CiderFex
18th December 2018, 02:24 PM
I did love them at first but now there are way too many MINI’s on the road with them that they’ve now become the norm.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

ianking
19th December 2018, 02:42 PM
I did love them at first but now there are way too many MINI’s on the road with them that they’ve now become the norm.

that's because they are the norm for all LCI minis.

CiderFex
19th December 2018, 02:57 PM
that's because they are the norm for all LCI minis.

Thanks for that.
[emoji1303]

M600-RKJ
19th December 2018, 02:59 PM
I can't see why you wouldnt option the LEDs, nothing ages a car more than halogen bulbs imo

CiderFex
19th December 2018, 04:14 PM
I can't see why you wouldnt option the LEDs, nothing ages a car more than halogen bulbs imo

The headlights on the 18 plate F56 Cooper that I had the other week were absolutely shocking for a new car !!!
[emoji15]

Mon the fish
19th December 2018, 05:25 PM
^^^ completely agree, and it's getting worse and worse. These folk should be breathalysed, far more dangerous them driving with no lights on than me doing 70 in a 60. Cameras don't pick up that kind of thing, and there's more money to be made targeting speeders. Cynical, moi?

TBF if I had my way I'd probably shoot them, save society from their stupidity :thumbs up:

M600-RKJ
19th December 2018, 05:26 PM
^^^ completely agree, and it's getting worse and worse. These folk should be breathalysed, far more dangerous them driving with no lights on than me doing 70 in a 60. Cameras don't pick up that kind of thing, and there's more money to be made targeting speeders. Cynical, moi?

TBF if I had my way I'd probably shoot them, save society from their stupidity :thumbs up:Hahaha need to start a YouGov petition

M600-RKJ
19th December 2018, 05:30 PM
Couldn't believe it last night on the main road from my town to Aberdeen it's a dreadful road lots of accidents and last night at 4 o'clock (sunset is about 3-3:30) I passed a beetle with what looked like a bulb out but no no it was missing the entire headlight assembly. How can anyone in their right mind think yeah I'm totally fine to drive a car in that condition on the road

Twisterboy
20th December 2018, 08:09 AM
My Pet hate too...... I think all cars should just come with a Auto setting to switch the lights on when it gets dark as standard. I once came down the A90 about 11pm at night and got overtaken by a RangeRover just driving with DRL's, ok they were super bright but his rear end was in darkness, or even get DRL's wired to the tail lights so all lights come on like Volvos of old.

Davy

Mon the fish
20th December 2018, 09:38 AM
I still think extermination of these idiots is the way forward [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk