PDA

View Full Version : Chrome fuel cap removal ?

goggs
4th December 2018, 08:34 PM
I’ve bought an OEM replacement fuel cap cover in black, looking at you tube videos for the F56 this is an easy removal/refit !
I should know better [emoji849], when I look at the fuel cap inner in my car the tab to release the clip is not on the top (12 o’clock) but on the side (3 o’clock when looking at the rear of the cap) I’ve tried to lever out the lock clip then turn the chrome cap but so far to no avail [emoji849]

Any hints or tips from those who have already done this swap ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehjack
4th December 2018, 08:46 PM
I’ve bought an OEM replacement fuel cap cover in black, looking at you tube videos for the F56 this is an easy removal/refit !
I should know better [emoji849], when I look at the fuel cap inner in my car the tab to release the clip is not on the top (12 o’clock) but on the side (3 o’clock when looking at the rear of the cap) I’ve tried to lever out the lock clip then turn the chrome cap but so far to no avail [emoji849]

Any hints or tips from those who have already done this swap ?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThere's a guide on how to remove the fuel cap here:

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f56-cooper-s-hat/repair-manuals/41-body/41-63-other-flaps/1VnXriTCLg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

goggs
4th December 2018, 08:51 PM
Thanks Ehjack, forgot you’d given me a link to that website [emoji848]

Hmmm maybe I’m not pulling the lock clip out far enough, will try again tomorrow [emoji6]

Thanks again for the link [emoji106]

goggs
8th December 2018, 04:44 PM
Managed to get it swapped over today, that clip holding the cap in place is a real pain to get at to release [emoji3525]

EcosseGP
8th December 2018, 09:30 PM
Glad you managed to get it sorted.
It looks easy enough in the photos ... but it always does !
Those ten minute jobs that turn into a nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

goggs
8th December 2018, 09:40 PM
Exactly, the videos online show it done in seconds, but they have the clip at 12 o’clock so more room to get at it, I couldn’t get the clip out far enough to allow the cap to be turned to release, I probably made it hard for myself [emoji38]

Now where are those JCW Pro Exhaust trims [emoji849]