PDA

View Full Version : Low MPG

Evo-4g63t
2nd December 2018, 08:52 PM
Hello to one and all.

Has anyone tried the Terraclean system to flush the fuel system? Getting less than 40mpg on a reasonable run, but last mini gave at least 50mpg on the same run, hence the interest in Terraclean.

M600-RKJ
2nd December 2018, 10:28 PM
Hello to one and all.

Has anyone tried the Terraclean system to flush the fuel system? Getting less than 40mpg on a reasonable run, but last mini gave at least 50mpg on the same run, hence the interest in Terraclean.What engine have you got. I get 40mpg from my cooper S n14 which I'm pretty happy with far better mpg than my friends hot hatches get

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
2nd December 2018, 11:33 PM
Yeah as Mark says what MINI do you have ? That’s usually not a bad mpg figure I don’t think I usually get anywhere near that ...

M600-RKJ
2nd December 2018, 11:36 PM
I filled my car up on Friday and got 410 miles from a tank worked out as 39.8 mpg. Which I was very happy with. On long runs like down to MMM or further south I've had above 45 but for general commuting I'm usually round about 40

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Julz
5th December 2018, 05:57 PM
I thought fuel consumption only started with a 2 on an economical run! :lol:

I had the Terraclean carried out on my RenaultSport, car felt more responsive after but fuel consumption remained the same, only got it done to try and eliminate an issue it has but apparently “it’s just one of those Renault things”