PDA

View Full Version : Mud Flaps

Evo-4g63t
2nd December 2018, 09:09 AM
Hi guys
Just bought some front flaps for my R61. Came with pack of retaining screws and what feel like plastic rivets. I'm presuming I need an appropriate tool for the job, or would hand held rivet gun suffice?

Thanks for any help/ advice.

bpirie1000
2nd December 2018, 08:24 PM
Hand held should work. Just don't drill holes to big..

Evo-4g63t
2nd December 2018, 08:34 PM
By the looks of things, I don't think I need to drill. Just need to pop the existing retainers, and fix new ones in place. Or that's what I'm hoping...

badwolf340
2nd December 2018, 10:19 PM
By the looks of things, I don't think I need to drill. Just need to pop the existing retainers, and fix new ones in place. Or that's what I'm hoping...
Let us know how it goes

Evo-4g63t
21st February 2019, 08:47 PM
Finally fitted the flaps... They weren't rivets, just expandable retainers with the core exposed. Good fit so far, and hopefully stop all the crud up the side of the car.

goggs
21st February 2019, 09:20 PM
I’m a big fan of mud flaps, I think they look great and serve a purpose, I fit them to almost every car I buy, mini said the mud flaps don’t fit the F56 JCW, they were wrong [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iain
22nd February 2019, 12:08 AM
Hi guys
Just bought some front flaps for my R61. Came with pack of retaining screws and what feel like plastic rivets. I'm presuming I need an appropriate tool for the job, or would hand held rivet gun suffice?

Thanks for any help/ advice.

Any chance of pics when job is done, please?

goggs
22nd February 2019, 08:18 AM
The job was done a couple of weeks after taking delivery of the mini, i thought I’d posted up pics but it seems not, I’ll get a couple and stick em up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk