PDA

View Full Version : Hiya!

Pixelmunky
29th November 2018, 08:01 PM
Hey folks, new Cooper S F56 owner here (my first MINI). Thought I’d join the group to connect with fellow petrol heads.

Plan to keep mine stock while it’s under warranty, but I am really struggling to not look at exhausts and intakes, and all the stuff that follows those gateways, haha!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181129/19c07b53877e5482ddf9cc45661a286b.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181129/6f3cee68869751ad6a0f6428a401af81.jpg

goggs
29th November 2018, 08:05 PM
Very nice looking F56, like the colour [emoji106]

Welcome to Mini ownership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pixelmunky
29th November 2018, 08:07 PM
Very nice looking F56, like the colour [emoji106]

Welcome to Mini ownership

Cheers mate, it’s “Melting Silver” if you’re interested [emoji3526]

goggs
29th November 2018, 08:10 PM
Looks really nice, not a colour I’d seen when looking for my mini or I would have included that in the mix [emoji106]

EcosseGP
29th November 2018, 08:29 PM
Welcome along and also to the “S” club, glad to see you’ve found us and look forward to seeing the wee buggy take shape.
Should you keep it standard whilst it’s under warranty ? PMSL [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pixelmunky
29th November 2018, 08:31 PM
My brain says I should by my heart says I should be getting at least another 100bhp out of it [emoji23][emoji23] I had an AMG A45 before this, so wouldn’t mind a wee bit more power [emoji102]

EcosseGP
29th November 2018, 08:34 PM
You don’t have to go mental and big numbers aren’t always the ultimate goal especially if you’re using it every day. Stay sensible and I’m sure you’ll not have any warranty issues ...

Pixelmunky
29th November 2018, 08:37 PM
Aye, I was thinking maybe just an exhaust and intake, maybe not get any remaps. If I also got a cat-less down-pipe i’d probably need to get an ECU flash, right?

Ehjack
29th November 2018, 08:56 PM
Aye, I was thinking maybe just an exhaust and intake, maybe not get any remaps. If I also got a cat-less down-pipe i’d probably need to get an ECU flash, right?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou can use a JB4 which removes the EML. plus if you was getting a decat why would you not go the whole hog ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
29th November 2018, 08:56 PM
Certainly with the exhaust you’ll get a big smile on your face. That’s been my personal favourite mod to date. Having heard the F56 with a decat I wouldn’t bother. I think it sounds terrible but each to their own. As for the power side of things there’s a number of different routes that you can go down ...

Pixelmunky
29th November 2018, 08:57 PM
Just nervous about voiding the warranty mate. I have terrible luck sometimes, if I voided it; almost guaranteed i’ll need it the next week, lol.

EcosseGP
29th November 2018, 08:58 PM
^^ that’s always the chance that you take it’s how much you’re prepared to risk it.

Pixelmunky
29th November 2018, 08:59 PM
Certainly with the exhaust you’ll get a big smile on your face. That’s been my personal favourite mod to date. Having heard the F56 with a decat I wouldn’t bother. I think it sounds terrible but each to their own. As for the power side of things there’s a number of different routes that you can go down ...

Agreed. The pops and bangs are worth every penny, and the volume in general... i’ve changed the exhaust on every motorcycle i’ve owned, and opted for the performance exhaust on my last car, too. Pity MINI stopped offering the JCW one as an option on the new models [emoji30]

Ehjack
29th November 2018, 08:59 PM
Just nervous about voiding the warranty mate. I have terrible luck sometimes, if I voided it; almost guaranteed i’ll need it the next week, lol.Warranty is only void for the parts you're modding. If you replace the exhaust, then only the exhaust would be out of warranty (obviously) if a anything else needed work done it would be fine (unless they can prove the exhaust caused the issue)

Pixelmunky
29th November 2018, 09:00 PM
Warranty is only void for the parts you're modding. If you replace the exhaust, then only the exhaust would be out of warranty (obviously) if a anything else needed work done it would be fine (unless they can prove the exhaust caused the issue)

Knew joining this group was a bad idea. You guys are a bad influence already [emoji12]

EcosseGP
29th November 2018, 09:01 PM
Agreed. The pops and bangs are worth every penny, and the volume in general... i’ve changed the exhaust on every motorcycle i’ve owned, and opted for the performance exhaust on my last car, too. Pity MINI stopped offering the JCW one as an option on the new models [emoji30]

I’m sure if you hunt about you’ll get a decent one second hand or shop about some of the MINI dealers someone will have one that they want to sell.

EcosseGP
29th November 2018, 09:02 PM
Knew joining this group was a bad idea. You guys are a bad influence already [emoji12]

^^^ yep that’s what we do best [emoji13]

CiderFex
30th November 2018, 12:31 AM
Hi & welcome to NMS.
[emoji41]
Looking at new bits isn’t an issue, it’s paying for what you see that’s the real killer.
[emoji23]

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

cuddles
30th November 2018, 05:49 AM
Welcome to NMS xx

Pixelmunky
30th November 2018, 07:32 AM
Thanks folks. I might keep an eye out for a JCW exhaust [emoji3526]

CiderFex
30th November 2018, 07:37 AM
Thanks folks. I might keep an eye out for a JCW exhaust [emoji3526]

...only “might” ?
[emoji12]

Pixelmunky
30th November 2018, 07:38 AM
...only “might” ?
[emoji12]

Still trying to convince myself to behave [emoji23]

CiderFex
30th November 2018, 07:39 AM
Don’t waste your time and energy trying that, it will be futile.
[emoji23]

Twisterboy
30th November 2018, 08:18 AM
Welcome to NMS.

Nice Mini I really do like Melting Silver.

Davy

Pixelmunky
30th November 2018, 08:35 AM
Once I get stared though, knowing when to stop is the hardest part [emoji28] I never got a JCW specifically to keep the cost down, but knowing me, it’ll end up being mostly JCW kitted out by the time I’m done, haha.

CiderFex
30th November 2018, 08:44 AM
Once I get stared though, knowing when to stop is the hardest part [emoji28] I never got a JCW specifically to keep the cost down, but knowing me, it’ll end up being mostly JCW kitted out by the time I’m done, haha.

Once you realise that the word “stop” will never happen, in relation to your modding, you’ll be on the first rung to full happiness.
Admitting that you have a problem is boring, buy more parts, it makes you feel happy.
[emoji4]

MINI William
30th November 2018, 10:35 AM
Welcome to NMS, great looking S. It won’t stay standard for long

Crombers
30th November 2018, 05:54 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag: I'm sure you'll choose 'all' your mods wisely :thumbs up:

Pixelmunky
30th November 2018, 09:01 PM
Looking at some photos of the JCW front and rear splitter/wings, They might be my first purchase. Is there a recommended place to buy then or is ebay my best option?

CiderFex
30th November 2018, 11:21 PM
Looking at some photos of the JCW front and rear splitter/wings, They might be my first purchase. Is there a recommended place to buy then or is ebay my best option?

NMS get 10% discount at Harry Fairbairns.
[emoji1303]