PDA

View Full Version : 2019 JCW is gunna have a 1.6T

M600-RKJ
26th November 2018, 10:15 PM
Got this info from a very reliable source (aka some know it all salesman).

Can we discuss how ridiculous a claim that this is. Me and Eddie have put in our tuppenceworth.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

badwolf340
27th November 2018, 07:02 AM
You just never know,WLTP and all that goes with it

Twisterboy
27th November 2018, 08:11 AM
Suppose small Turbocharged engines are the way forward..... Did the salesman discuss power figures??

Davy

M600-RKJ
27th November 2018, 10:33 AM
Suppose small Turbocharged engines are the way forward..... Did the salesman discuss power figures??

DavySmall engines have been proven to make little to no difference in real world driving hence why a lot of manufacturers scrapped their under 1 litre cars and Mazda proved that bigger engines can be low on emissions and economic on fuel hence why they stuck with their 1.5L, 2.2L and 2.5L.

I just find it a ridiculous claim when the fact he said they are still going to produce a 280bhp 4wd clubman in the same paragraph.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that BMW cant make a 2L engine that can return decent fuel economy and make relatively low power compared to most 2L turbos on the market. If Hyundai, VAG and Renault can all make a 270bhp+ engine capable of passing the new emissions laws. There is no way BMW would have to create a brand new 1.6L just for emissions. The salesman also said that the cooper S would remain a 2L which further discredited the 1.6 imo

Ehjack
27th November 2018, 11:21 AM
Small engines have been proven to make little to no difference in real world driving hence why a lot of manufacturers scrapped their under 1 litre cars and Mazda proved that bigger engines can be low on emissions and economic on fuel hence why they stuck with their 1.5L, 2.2L and 2.5L.

I just find it a ridiculous claim when the fact he said they are still going to produce a 280bhp 4wd clubman in the same paragraph.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that BMW cant make a 2L engine that can return decent fuel economy and make relatively low power compared to most 2L turbos on the market. If Hyundai, VAG and Renault can all make a 270bhp+ engine capable of passing the new emissions laws. There is no way BMW would have to create a brand new 1.6L just for emissions. The salesman also said that the cooper S would remain a 2L which further discredited the 1.6 imo

Sent from my SM-N960F using TapatalkVAG and low emissions shouldn't belong in the same sentence [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
27th November 2018, 04:42 PM
I think BMW are sticking to the 500cc/cylinder across the board for a number of reasons, so I suspect it will remain a 2.0 and the salesman is talking nonsense

Twisterboy
27th November 2018, 08:43 PM
Small engines have been proven to make little to no difference in real world driving hence why a lot of manufacturers scrapped their under 1 litre cars and Mazda proved that bigger engines can be low on emissions and economic on fuel hence why they stuck with their 1.5L, 2.2L and 2.5L.

So true my Daily/family car Skoda Fabia Estate is a 1.0 and not a tsi but a MPI from the Citigo and I was sceptical to think how it would lug say a original Octavia sized car with 74hp, well got to say I am impressed up until I got the mini which is my daily now which is a 1.4 with 94hp it was returning about 42-45bhp combined, now the Skoda just doing short hops taking the kids to nursery is returning about 36mpg about the same as the Mini..... I think if you buy a smaller petrol engine it pays off if you do longer stints of driving.

Davy

goggs
27th November 2018, 09:02 PM
My 2016 TTS was a 2ltr with an out the factory 310bhp, easily turned to 350bhp + with a stage 1 map

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
27th November 2018, 09:35 PM
After reading the comments regarding this engine change I’m not too sure if it’s all true, that folk will bite to a 1.6 JCW engine in any form. After looking at the issues of one of the 1.6 turbo lump over the years it’s not been the best so why would you go back? There’s been reliability issues before and after tuning in the past so why risk it all again?
There again what do we all know ... we just buy them.
I certainly put off by high emission readings and I’m not too sure that anyone that had a VAG car with the issues went back to the dealer and complained about it.
Sometimes if it ain’t broke don’t fix it (yes I know ... lol)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
28th November 2018, 12:27 AM
I have no idea what planet that salesman was on. He seems to think he knows some secret but had absolutely no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

The thing is I honestly can't see it at all, not with a GP in development. I'm sure we all know how little some of them know.

MINI William
28th November 2018, 03:39 PM
I can’t see MINI taking a step back towards a 1.6. There has been no rumours of anything to indicate this.

M600-RKJ
19th December 2018, 02:07 PM
Well that settles that then jcw orders reopen next month and surprise surprise no 1.6 to be seen

Eddie_JCW
19th December 2018, 03:58 PM
Well that settles that then jcw orders reopen next month and surprise surprise no 1.6 to be seen

Sent from my SM-N960F using TapatalkWas thinking the exact same myself!

goggs
19th December 2018, 06:28 PM
My local dealer advised the new S models have a different exhaust note, more gritty in sound with no pops and bangs, I’d imagine the JCW will be the same

EcosseGP
19th December 2018, 11:19 PM
Yeah they’ve put the restricted pops and bangs down to a PPF being fitted ... not too sure I’d be happy about not having a wee bit of noise on tap !!!

badwolf340
20th December 2018, 06:49 AM
Well not too long to find out as JCW orders start again soon

M600-RKJ
20th December 2018, 07:05 AM
From the nurburgring promo video there are definitely pops and it still sounds throaty.

goggs
20th December 2018, 07:46 AM
Do you have a link to the new jcw at the Nurburgring ?

M600-RKJ
20th December 2018, 07:50 AM
https://www.facebook.com/371380103001991/posts/1330050180468307/

M600-RKJ
20th December 2018, 07:51 AM
Hopefully that works if not Ali posted it from the jcw adventure page

Twisterboy
20th December 2018, 08:05 AM
Guessing with the PPF it's going to be the same as the diesel where you have to give it a run every so often??

Cannot wait to see what the tuners will offer to give a wee bit more noise and pops and bangs.

Davy

goggs
20th December 2018, 01:56 PM
Thanks, I still hear pops and bangs [emoji16]

CiderFex
20th December 2018, 02:22 PM
I would’t trust any online video for sounds. They can be so easily edited and especially so if done by a manufacturer.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.