PDA

View Full Version : Arm rest from (bmw de)

X30YES
24th October 2004, 05:13 PM
Saw this on a German site and it can be shipped to UK
...e105-£72 + pp,= e115 £79 ish ...:D Leather...easy to fit and it also opens via the push button at the front .
http://www.newmini-technik.de/viewtopic.php?t=1063&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
email ..... lars.hellwinkel@rumphorst.bmw-net.de (DEAL is still on)
Lars
Rumphorst AHG mbH
BMW/MINI Vertragshändler
Hammer Straße 44-46a
59075 Hamm
Lars Hellwinkel
02381-970980

MartinSullivan
24th October 2004, 06:52 PM
Yeah thats the one Fiona has ordered through Minime for £122.99. The part dealer part number is 52 12 0 154 307

http://www.newmini-technik.de/images/armI.jpg

http://www.newmini-technik.de/images/armII.jpg

http://motoringfile.com/pictures/armrest/armIII.jpg

The fitting instructions can be found here

2005 Armrest Install (English Version) (http://motoringfile.com/files/mini_armrest.pdf)

Here is a thread on mini2 that discusses the group buy from Germany of the armrest. Looks like the guy got inundated with orders and has suspended it at the mo

2005 Armrest Mini2 Group Buy (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69953&highlight=2005+armrest)

Eggy7496
24th October 2004, 07:36 PM
Cool, is it an official BMW mini part?

MartinSullivan
24th October 2004, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Eggy7496

Cool, is it an official BMW mini part?

Yes, part number and instructions in previous post.

seany
24th October 2004, 10:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

...e105-£72 + pp, Leather...easy to fit and it also opens via the push button at the front .
http://www.newmini-technik.de/viewtopic.php?t=1063&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
lars.hellwinkel@rumphorst.bmw-net.de

cheaper than bmw!!!!

MartinSullivan
24th October 2004, 11:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by seany

...e105-£72 + pp, Leather...easy to fit and it also opens via the push button at the front .

cheaper than bmw!!!!

Yeah definitely just not sure he is still doing it - if you read the thread on mini2

X30YES
25th October 2004, 03:04 AM
I did send an email to Germany this morning re cost and if the deal is still ongoing ...and will post the reply asap

Duncan Stewart
25th October 2004, 05:22 PM
Not pretty but good to have some extra storage space.

MartinSullivan
25th October 2004, 06:27 PM
Cool Angus, glad the deal is still on - who is going to sign up for one then??? :)

X30YES
25th October 2004, 06:27 PM
Just had an email and the deal is still going !!!!!!!!!!address etc in the first post above ,I just bought one this am Martin !

MartinSullivan
25th October 2004, 06:36 PM

Just had an email and the deal is still going !!!!!!!!!!address etc in the first post above ,I just bought one this am Martin !

Excellent Angus - you can get the english instructions in my post earlier - looks easy to fit.

How much was the P&P??? Then we can see if we can get Iain (minime) to match the price :D

MartinSullivan
25th October 2004, 06:38 PM
Minime - why cant you match this price???? Even if it was just for newminiscotland members

Moonshine
25th October 2004, 08:29 PM
I got my armrest from alex at the german minisite a couple of weeks ago and it is really good - i can recommend it. Cost me £81 including shipping.:D

Gerry

MartinSullivan
25th October 2004, 09:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by Moonshine

I got my armrest from alex at the german minisite a couple of weeks ago and it is really good - i can recommend it. Cost me £81 including shipping.:D

Gerry

Cheers Gerry, I noticed a moonshine on the list on mini2 - but didnt put 2 and 2 together - DOH!!!!! Thanks for the info!!

Right Iain - thats your target price , as a member and sponsor of newminiscotland can you match the price of £81 including shipping in Scotland????

:cool:

X30YES
25th October 2004, 10:18 PM
At todays exchange rate inc p+p = 115 euro, £80 and he will welcome NMS members as well as the M2 group buy ....L@@K......(£43 Less)some Mark up that or in this case is it Euro:p

The Dogfather
25th October 2004, 10:40 PM
Iain's gone very quiet? It's not like him!

X30YES
25th October 2004, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

he must be having an off day errrr day off :D

Scottie
25th October 2004, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

That's what I was thinking.:dead: Oh well never mind I still want my one that I've ordered Iain never mind the price. How about throwing in a nice wee Mini Keyring.

X30YES
25th October 2004, 11:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Excellent Angus - you can get the english instructions in my post earlier - looks easy to fit.

How much was the P&P??? Then we can see if we can get Iain (minime) to match the price :D

£8 tops for p&p..still brings it to about £80;)

MartinSullivan
25th October 2004, 11:52 PM

Cheers Angus - thats about the same as Moonshine came up with - just a shame Iain doesnt seem to want to play the price match game just now :p

X30YES
25th October 2004, 11:59 PM
No doubt Lars the guy in Germany is making some money out of the deal so how much do they intend to make here ?

CooperTrooper
26th October 2004, 03:52 PM
Been following this thread with interest, really want an armrest.

not sure if i like the look of the BMW one, at first i liked the 'tt' style one, but i've clocked this, and looksa whole more stylish, whats everyone else think? :

http://outmotoring.com/out_motoring_mini_armrest.html

CooperTrooper
26th October 2004, 03:56 PM
Link to TT style, I think bmw should have done somethign stylish like this :

http://www.tt-designparts.de/products_en/mini_arm.php

KINGHORN
26th October 2004, 08:13 PM
is he gonna do discount for a group buy

Scottie
26th October 2004, 09:06 PM
Mines is sitting under Minime's desk.

X30YES
26th October 2004, 11:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

is he gonna do discount for a group buy

That is the discount price

KINGHORN
27th October 2004, 02:17 AM
cool well if there is gonna be a group buy count me in

MartinSullivan
27th October 2004, 02:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

cool well if there is gonna be a group buy count me in

Kinghorn - just email the guy Angus has listed in the first post and arrange payment and delivery with him. He is arranging everything from Germany.

X30YES
27th October 2004, 03:46 AM
Group buy ....DIY !!!!its all arranged ,just email Lars and mention mini2 and Angus from NMS , he will post first post the next day incl p+p its about £80

Mini Me
27th October 2004, 03:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Hi Fiona,i can't do anything about the price i'm afraid,but i will get you a key ring ,nae pobs.....
Got mine fitted today,tis rather cool.
Oh and i was on a day off, i never go quiet;)

X30YES
27th October 2004, 03:48 AM

Group buy ....DIY !!!!its all arranged ,just email Lars and mention mini2 and Angus from NMS , he will post first post the next day incl p+p its about £80

X30YES
27th October 2004, 03:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Hi Fiona,i can't do anything about the price i'm afraid,but i will get you a key ring ,nae pobs.....
Whit aboot ma side skirts in Hyper Blue ???

X30YES
27th October 2004, 03:51 AM

WHY NOT what about 'C' 15% discount ....now you should know about the code 'C' or is that not used ;)

Mini Me
27th October 2004, 03:52 AM

Cheers Angus - thats about the same as Moonshine came up with - just a shame Iain doesnt seem to want to play the price match game just now :p

I just read the full thread,sorry guy's ,stressed eric just now.I will see what i can do about the price ,but i can only buy from BMW ,i have no idea how these guys can supply the original arm rest(if it is )for that price,mind you it don't look exactly like mine,but it could be the picture............
MINIME is on the case.:p:p

Mini Me
27th October 2004, 05:58 AM

WHY NOT what about 'C' 15% discount ....now you should know about the code 'C' or is that not used ;)

Alright Angus, how the f**k do you know about code C,are you a spy in the NMS camp,cos one near sacking a week is enough for me;)
And i gave you a price on the skirts ,via e-mail with 5 % discount.I try my best honest,but it's a different dept....
Spill the beans:mad::disapprove:

X30YES
27th October 2004, 04:12 PM

Alright Angus, how the f**k do you know about code C,are you a spy in the NMS camp,cos one near sacking a week is enough for me;)
And i gave you a price on the skirts ,via e-mail with 5 % discount.I try my best honest,but it's a different dept....
Spill the beans:mad::disapprove:
CODE 'C' is the last on your list of discounts and as I say is 15% ;)so you gave me 5% of the 15 % where does the other 10 % go themn :p:approve:

Mini Me
27th October 2004, 04:42 PM
This lovely big showroom ,doesn't pay for itself you know.I always will try my best,but at the end of the day,it aint my decision.
sorry...

Mini Me
27th October 2004, 04:57 PM
I have just checked and we cant even buy them for the price quoted on the german web site....

X30YES
27th October 2004, 08:11 PM

This lovely big showroom ,doesn't pay for itself you know.I always will try my best,but at the end of the day,it aint my decision.
sorry...
Guess not Iain...'dont shoot the messenger ' thing

X30YES
27th October 2004, 08:14 PM

sorry...
Guess not Iain...'dont shoot the messenger ' thing...mail me via this site plz re side skirts as I'm offshore and use ab2pc@msn.com when out here .

Mini Me
27th October 2004, 08:22 PM

sorry...
Guess not Iain...'dont shoot the messenger ' thing...mail me via this site plz re side skirts as I'm offshore and use ab2pc@msn.com when out here .

Tis done:)

Mini Me
1st November 2004, 09:22 PM
Ok guy's, you put the ball firmly in my court to try and sort out a price for the centre arm rest for NMS customers ,well i have had a result(sorry scottie coop)the new price will be £85 plus vat..........nae bad.
This will be affective as of tomorrow.

Big Col
1st November 2004, 10:26 PM
coughfreematstoscottiecoopsurelycough

Mini Me
1st November 2004, 11:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
coughfreematstoscottiecoopsurelycough

So that's the thanks i get.......:disapprove::)
i gave scottie coop 2 key rings (the good ones)as goodwill,it's only because i put up a good fight that bmw have reduced the price...

Big Col
1st November 2004, 11:07 PM
Well as thanks you can add the armrest to my motor if you can get them in time...:)

Mini Me
1st November 2004, 11:18 PM
Well as thanks you can add the armrest to my motor if you can get them in time...:)

So that's ,sunroof andd arm rest;)
Oh and for the record Heckler,it was you who corrupted me:blackeye::blackeye:

Big Col
1st November 2004, 11:26 PM
Whoa! Steady on the sunroof and get answering your offical work email instead of wasting time on here!!!

P.S

Welcome to the dark side apprentice heckler! :approve:

Mini Me
1st November 2004, 11:52 PM
Whoa! Steady on the sunroof and get answering your offical work email instead of wasting time on here!!!

P.S

:evil:ok boss ,e-mail replied.....:approve:

Sheilz
2nd November 2004, 12:10 AM

P.S

:evil:ok boss ,e-mail replied.....:approve:

Hi, I sent you an email though it probably didn't get to you, asking if you would be able to order one of these for me. I included my contact details but if you need them again let me know. There are a few armrests on the go but I think this one is the nicest. I'm also trying to find out if mini bullbars would fit the facelift cooper bumper. I also need the number of the guy in Aberdeen that did Nenah's alloys coz I kerbed mine today. Well it wasn't really me, the kerb moved.:I If any one can give me relevant info much appreciated. :D:D:D

MartinSullivan
2nd November 2004, 12:16 AM
Sheilz

The guy I told Nenah to use was

Wullie of Blasted Alloys

Tel: 01561 378 148
Mob: 0777 328 3409

He did a really good job but is always busy so there is a bit of a waiting list - but he will come to you or you can meet him at one of the garages he does work for.

Sheilz
2nd November 2004, 12:17 AM

Sheilz

The guy I told Nenah to use was

Wullie of Blasted Alloys

Tel: 01561 378 148
Mob: 0777 328 3409

He did a really good job but is always busy so there is a bit of a waiting list - but he will come to you or you can meet him at one of the garages he does work for.

Thanks Martin:D

MartinSullivan
2nd November 2004, 12:22 AM
No probs Sheilz, cant have WeeEck looking scruffy :)

Mini Me
2nd November 2004, 04:16 AM
Sheilz ,i did get your e-mail ,and have ordered your arm rest,it should be in at the end of the week,and i will phone you.Regarding the bull bars,i thought that european law banned then in 2002,thats the official BMW line anyway ?????

MartinSullivan
2nd November 2004, 04:25 AM

Sheilz ,i did get your e-mail ,and have ordered your arm rest,it should be in at the end of the week,and i will phone you.Regarding the bull bars,i thought that european law banned then in 2002,thats the official BMW line anyway ?????

There are lots of threads on mini2 about the legality /non legality of bull bars. It reads as though they cannot be fitted on new cars supplied by a manufacturer but can be fitted by the owner after market.

see this thread as an example - with particular attention to the last post

Are Bull Bars Legal???? (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26701)

Sheilz
2nd November 2004, 04:38 AM

There are lots of threads on mini2 about the legality /non legality of bull bars. It reads as though they cannot be fitted on new cars supplied by a manufacturer but can be fitted by the owner after market.

I spotted the bullbars on the Funky Mini site and thought they might look ok on Wee Eck. Wouldn't argue about the legality of them since I know damned all about it though it would appear double standards are in operation - dont some 4x4s come with bullbars? According to the manufacturers of the bullbars they will fit the new mc bumper though Chris at Funky Mini didnt think they would. Only one way to find out!
:D:D

Big Col
2nd November 2004, 04:39 AM
Just as a quick word of warning to peeps, the BBC and feedback on what they said on BBC2 will not stand up in court. If you smack someone whilst having bullbars on your motor you can't say "Well the BBC said via mini2 that they where legal". Be sure and ask whoever's fitting them to clarify that they're legal. For a bit of fun ask if possible get it in writing. Bet they brick it. :)

Big Col
2nd November 2004, 04:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

dont some 4x4s come with bullbars?

They don't anymore.

MartinSullivan
2nd November 2004, 04:41 AM
Be sure and ask whoever's fitting them to clarify that they're legal. For a bit of fun ask if possible get it in writing. Bet they brick it. :)

I agree :D

Sheilz
2nd November 2004, 04:42 AM

Thank you. I've been trawling the net looking for one of these for ages. Found one on an American site, didnt look nearly so good and at least twice the price. I presume you're based south of Aberdeen so let me know if you want me to collect or if payment can be done by telephone etc..
Cheers!:D:D:D

Sheilz
2nd November 2004, 04:50 AM
Just as a quick word of warning to peeps, the BBC and feedback on what they said on BBC2 will not stand up in court. If you smack someone whilst having bullbars on your motor you can't say "Well the BBC said via mini2 that they where legal". Be sure and ask whoever's fitting them to clarify that they're legal. For a bit of fun ask if possible get it in writing. Bet they brick it. :)

MartinSullivan
2nd November 2004, 04:51 AM
Just done a load of reading on the net - it appears (although if Big Col asks me to sign a bit of paper I'll run away :)) that it is currently a voluntary code by new manufacturers to not fit hard metal bull bars.

Several MP's seem to be trying to push through legislation to make them illegal but they have been doing so for 10 years.

One site puts questions to Inspector Grant Allan – Head of the Traffic department at Livingston Police Station, he might sign a bit of paper :)

Traffic Police (http://www.westlothiannews.co.uk/Articles/trafficpolice.html)

Sheilz
2nd November 2004, 04:58 AM

Sorry dont know what i did there.

Point about the bullbars taken. A bit of bling isnt worth the risk of causing serious injury or worse to a nipper or auld yin. What about spotlights? They must be equally capable of inflicting damage (unnecesary some might argue) in similar circumstances? Hadn't really thought about it till now.:question:

Big Col
2nd November 2004, 05:00 AM

Just done a load of reading on the net - it appears (although if Big Col asks me to sign a bit of paper I'll run away :)) that it is currently a voluntary code by new manufacturers to not fit hard metal bull bars.

Several MP's seem to be trying to push through legislation to make them illegal but they have been doing so for 10 years.

One site puts questions to Inspector Grant Allan – Head of the Traffic department at Livingston Police Station, he might sign a bit of paper :)

Traffic Police (http://www.westlothiannews.co.uk/Articles/trafficpolice.html)

Sorted folks. Just stand up in court and say "MartinSullivan said" :p Seriously though. I'm not saying they're illegal or legal, just be sure and ask the person that's fitting them. MS is a very helpful chap but as he said, don't ask him to sign anything. ;)

X30YES
3rd November 2004, 04:15 AM
Arm rest arrived on Fri from Germany ....only four days from ordering !!

Sheilz
6th November 2004, 12:53 AM
Nipped down to Stirling today to get my armrest. Nice to meet you Ian and thank you very much for sticking your neck out to save us some dosh. The savings are going towards my new mirror finish which will be done next Tues. Cant wait. Now I need to speak very nicely to John since I have a few tiny little jobs for him to do.;):D:D

Mini Me
7th November 2004, 04:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Nipped down to Stirling today to get my armrest. Nice to meet you Ian and thank you very much for sticking your neck out to save us some dosh. The savings are going towards my new mirror finish which will be done next Tues. Cant wait. Now I need to speak very nicely to John since I have a few tiny little jobs for him to do.;):D:D
my pleasure ,it was nice to put a name to the face....:D

john
7th November 2004, 08:23 AM
[/quote]my pleasure ,it was nice to put a name to the face....:D
[/quote]

:D:D:DHer face had a name already:D

Face to name I thinks to myself:D:D

Mini Me
7th November 2004, 08:41 AM
yerafeckinbuggeryou, you know what i meant:p