PDA

View Full Version : MINI at Home & Mothership Tour 24th - 26th May 19

MINI William
19th November 2018, 10:00 AM
On the 26th of May LuxeWerks are hosting their MINI at Home Show in collaboration with MINI at Plant Oxford.

The show is on the 26th but I was thinking that we could travel down on the Friday and do a Factory Tour in the afternoon and have a day in Oxford on the Saturday.

Tickets for for the show can be purchased from HERE (https://www.luxewerx.com/mini-at-home) early bird tickets are £6 and after that are £8.

Can you please let me know if you wish to attend the show and that you have purchased your ticket as I will then need to request a car pass for you for the NMS Stand.

Traveling down to do the Factory to do a tour isn’t compulsory but still want to do the show, but it would great to visit the Mothership in MINI’s 60th Year.

Ive looked at hotels for the time that we are going away and our usual hotel the Premier inn Oxford Business Park is available, but I wouldn’t imagine that rooms will be available for long due to its location to Plant Oxford. I’ve booked the Flexi Rate at £172 for the Friday and Saturday. I would urge anyone wanting at this hotel to book quickly to avoid disappointment.

Can everyone please let me me know when they have bought their tickets, booked their hotel and if they wish to attend the factory tour.

1. William & Megan - Factory Tour, Tickets, Hotel
2. Brian & Christina - Factory Tour, Tickets, Hotel
3. Andrew - Factory Tour, Tickets, Hotel
4. Craig & Jude - Tickets, Hotel
5. Mark - Factory Tour, Tickets,
6. Ali, Laura & Arwen - Factory Tour, Hotel
7. Alisdair - Factory Tour, Hotel
8. Pete - Possible
9. Twisterboy - Factory Tour, Tickets
10. Matt - Factory Tour, Hotel Booked, Tickets Bought
11. Fossys - Factory Tour, Hotel,
12. Jack & Lisa - Factory Tour

M600-RKJ
19th November 2018, 11:48 AM
A mini show on my birthday. Yeah I'd be up for that

Craig
19th November 2018, 12:09 PM
Yeah I’m up for this - already got my tickets [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
19th November 2018, 01:19 PM
Brilliant guys ����

MINI William
19th November 2018, 01:21 PM
A mini show on my birthday. Yeah I'd be up for that

Seems to be the theme for next year as Chloe has here at MMM

maxibaby01
19th November 2018, 02:04 PM
I’m interested, as it’s not that far, do I’ll be going up, rather than down.
My only gripe is that I don’t really like having anything to do with car clubs that are run as a business, which Luxmini or whatever they’ve had to call themselves now is.

CiderFex
19th November 2018, 02:29 PM
Can you just put be down as “possible” for now please William ?

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

elgassi
19th November 2018, 02:54 PM
My only gripe is that I don’t really like having anything to do with car clubs that are run as a business, which Luxmini or whatever they’ve had to call themselves now is.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, however, it looks like LuxeWerx as a 'car Forum / Club' are just organising this event, they say it's a non profit making event and all monies raised will go to a named charity, so in this instance I don't see it as anything other than a big meet with the various car clubs having their own stands
The normal tour price tickets are double this shows entrance fee, so the good thing they have done is negotiate a decent entry fee for all

Most of the products they sell are promoting their site, hats and stickers, the other items they offer can be had on ebay at a fraction of the cost

I'm sure NMS will have a stand at the show offering their hoodies, hats and stickers to anyone who wants to buy, it'll all go towards the NMS sites running costs
I'm sure

Twisterboy
19th November 2018, 04:20 PM
With Ciderfex I would be a possible, looks like it’s going to be a great year next year for the Mini Brand.

Davy

MINI William
19th November 2018, 07:48 PM
I’ve added hotel details to the first post. Can everyone let me know if they wish to do the factory tour as well please

MINI William
19th November 2018, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys listed updated

Craig
19th November 2018, 09:13 PM
Hotel booked, tour please for me + 1 (hopefully Jude)

DigitalLemming
19th November 2018, 09:44 PM
Ticket bought, and stick me down for the tour as well :thumbs up:

MINI William
19th November 2018, 10:41 PM
Ticket bought, and stick me down for the tour as well :thumbs up:

Thanks guys

CiderFex
20th November 2018, 07:48 AM
After a long hard think about this last night, I’ll have to definitely decline, sorry William.

Twisterboy
20th November 2018, 08:11 AM
Cuddles- If I'm coming you can look after my wee girl too..... She's only 1, My wee boy will be 4 so would be able to do the tour.

Will be speaking to the Boss to see if it's feasible to go, try and tie it in with a visit to her family down near Slough might work.

Davy

EcosseGP
20th November 2018, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately due to other things that we already have on we won’t be able to make this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MINI William
20th November 2018, 01:17 PM
After a long hard think about this last night, I’ll have to definitely decline, sorry William.

Unfortunately due to other things that we already have on we won’t be able to make this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No bother guys

M600-RKJ
20th November 2018, 03:37 PM
Ticket bought and put me down for the tour to please

Twisterboy
20th November 2018, 08:58 PM
Ok just bought tickets, prob me and lad will do factory tour. Will come back to you regarding the accomdation.

Davy

MINI William
20th November 2018, 09:05 PM
Ticket bought and put me down for the tour to please

Ok just bought tickets, prob me and lad will do factory tour. Will come back to you regarding the accomdation.

Davy

‘Brilliant thanks guys

Craig
20th November 2018, 09:50 PM
Think you might have missed my update William. Hotel booked, tour for me +1 (hopefully Jude). Thanks

MINI William
21st November 2018, 07:04 AM
Think you might have missed my update William. Hotel booked, tour for me +1 (hopefully Jude). Thanks

Sorry Craig

MINI William
25th December 2018, 04:51 PM
For those wanting early bird tickets there is only 1 week left to take advantage of the early bird offer

MINI William
30th December 2018, 03:51 PM
Today is the last chance to take advantage of the early bird deal

Twisterboy
6th January 2019, 06:33 PM
Hotel booked for us.

Davy

MINI William
7th January 2019, 12:56 PM
Perfect Davy

Ehjack
20th January 2019, 10:39 PM
Hotel booked for us and planning on doing the tour. (Just me for the tour though as Lisa will need to watch Alice)

Will sort out tickets soon.

Jack

MINI William
21st January 2019, 06:00 AM
That’s great Jack. Thanks

Twisterboy
31st January 2019, 06:21 PM
Take it we purchase factory tour tickets on day?

Davy

Ehjack
31st January 2019, 06:36 PM
Forgot to say, all tickets purchased!

MINI William
1st February 2019, 08:56 AM
Take it we purchase factory tour tickets on day?

Davy

More details will be up when I have them regarding the factory tour

Forgot to say, all tickets purchased!

Brilliant Jack

M600-RKJ
6th February 2019, 02:29 PM
Just a suggestion for the Saturday we could possibly make a trip to caffine and machine. Seems to be a must visit place for petrol heads and the weekends seem to have a really good turn out of rare and expensive cars. It's less than an hour away from plant oxford.

And I'm yet to hear anyone say a bad word about the food there.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Twisterboy
6th February 2019, 08:28 PM
Oxford and caffeine and machine cannot see anyone saying no to that.

Davy

MINI William
18th February 2019, 08:27 PM
I’ve had conformation that our factory tour has been booked for the Friday. The lastest time that was available was 1pm, this will mean an early start on the Friday morning. I’ve had a look at things and it looks like we will need to roughly leave Abington around 5am.

Craig
18th February 2019, 09:00 PM
Ouch!! [emoji15][emoji15]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

MINI William
18th February 2019, 09:07 PM
Ouch!! [emoji15][emoji15]

There is a 1630 tour that the factory do but sadly not on a Friday.

stoney
18th February 2019, 09:49 PM
I’ve had conformation that our factory tour has been booked for the Friday. The lastest time that was available was 1pm, this will mean an early start on the Friday morning. I’ve had a look at things and it looks like we will need to roughly leave Abington around 5am.You will hit rush hour at around Birmingham so that could hinder the time taken.

When i went down to 1320 in aug i left at 4am and got stuck due to a car crash and never got there till around 11am !!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

M600-RKJ
18th February 2019, 10:43 PM
Ouch 5am. Would anyone be able to spare a couch for the Thursday night. I really dont fancy leaving the house an 1am.

Although maybe we could get them to organise one of the helpful little floor robots to take me around on a little bed.

Twisterboy
18th February 2019, 11:40 PM
Ouch!

That’s a 4am start for me then lol......

It’s not too bad for me only a hour and a half up earlier.

Be worth it through.

How’s the M6 toll at that sort of time??

Davy

Ehjack
18th February 2019, 11:42 PM
Ooft. That's why you bring the misses with you, so you can let her drive whilst you sleep [emoji23].

Although her driving would probably put me more on edge than a double espresso... [emoji2958][emoji2958]

MINI William
19th February 2019, 11:52 AM
Sorry folks. I did ask for as late as possible tour.

It’ll all be worth it in the end.

Ehjack
19th February 2019, 02:36 PM
So is the plan to meet at Abington services before 5am then?

DigitalLemming
19th February 2019, 02:39 PM
I imagine it'll just be a case of everyone leave from Abington at 5, so not much of a need for chat before hand.

https://media.giphy.com/media/6XjDsvyFpIhYA/giphy.gif

He says, hoping for an extra 15 minutes in bed

MINI William
19th February 2019, 03:00 PM
So is the plan to meet at Abington services before 5am then?

I’ll confirm all details but it’ll be meet to leave at 5. Not having a bit chat or anything before we leave just as soon as everyone is there GO

Twisterboy
19th February 2019, 03:25 PM
Ooft. That's why you bring the misses with you, so you can let her drive whilst you sleep [emoji23].

Although her driving would probably put me more on edge than a double espresso... [emoji2958][emoji2958]

Last time I had a shot of espresso on a road trip I had palpitations for the last 70 miles :cool:

I am more than likely coming on my own or with a mate now, wife’s not keen traveller since a car accident a couple of years ago, through she might decide to come on the train nearer the time. Prob leave the house at 3.30am to allow a hour to get down from Edinburgh.

Davy

Ehjack
19th February 2019, 03:53 PM
I imagine it'll just be a case of everyone leave from Abington at 5, so not much of a need for chat before hand.

https://media.giphy.com/media/6XjDsvyFpIhYA/giphy.gif

He says, hoping for an extra 15 minutes in bedHaha yeah I don't think many people will be wanting to chat at 5am [emoji23]

Ehjack
19th February 2019, 03:55 PM
Last time I had a shot of espresso on a road trip I had palpitations for the last 70 miles :cool:

I am more than likely coming on my own or with a mate now, wife’s not keen traveller since a car accident a couple of years ago, through she might decide to come on the train nearer the time. Prob leave the house at 3.30am to allow a hour to get down from Edinburgh.

DavyYeah I'm the same! Especially with a long drive...

MINI William
19th February 2019, 09:00 PM
Sleeps overrated

Magoo
20th February 2019, 12:47 PM
:sad::yawn: why isn’t there a crying emoji! I’m sneaking in Ali and Laura’s car on the Thursday haha

matsarm
5th March 2019, 10:39 AM
Tickets bought and hotel booked... would like to attend the tour too.

Thanks for the peer pressure...

MINI William
5th March 2019, 10:59 AM
Tickets bought and hotel booked... would like to attend the tour too.

Thanks for the peer pressure...

Perfect Matt. Added to the list

Craig
5th March 2019, 03:45 PM
William, please take me off the list for the Tour (just due to the start time for Jude) Still looking to go to the show on the sunday just unsure now as to when we will be travelling down... Thanks

MINI William
5th March 2019, 04:18 PM
No problems Craig

MINI William
12th March 2019, 09:18 AM
I’ve paid for the Factory Tour last night and is £18 pp.

Twisterboy
12th March 2019, 09:36 AM
Ok to give you money at weekend William?

Davy

Ehjack
12th March 2019, 09:42 AM
Likewise, you can just take it off the money for the badges [emoji106]

MINI William
13th March 2019, 04:16 PM
Ok to give you money at weekend William?

Davy

Likewise, you can just take it off the money for the badges [emoji106]

No bother folks

MINI William
13th March 2019, 04:18 PM
For anyone considering coming along to the factory that hasn’t been before, this may be your last chance with the news that BMW are considering to no longer produce MINI in Oxford with what’s happening with Brexit.

maxibaby01
13th March 2019, 04:35 PM
Was reconsidering going, as it’s so relatively local to me and I did enjoy it last time we all went!
Unfortunately I’m in Devon that weekend at an outdoor cooking/BBQing competition, having just checked the diary.
I’d recommend anyone who hasn’t been, to go, well worth it![emoji4][emoji106]

Twisterboy
13th March 2019, 07:49 PM
Defo looking forward to this now then.

Davy

MINI William
13th March 2019, 09:31 PM
Was reconsidering going, as it’s so relatively local to me and I did enjoy it last time we all went!
Unfortunately I’m in Devon that weekend at an outdoor cooking/BBQing competition, having just checked the diary.
I’d recommend anyone who hasn’t been, to go, well worth it![emoji4][emoji106]

No bother T

M600-RKJ
18th March 2019, 12:11 AM
Sorry William totally forgot about this meant to pay it Friday sending now

MINI William
18th March 2019, 08:25 AM
No bother Mark

MINI William
18th March 2019, 01:59 PM
I have marked Factory Tour in red to note that people have paid for the tour.

matsarm
28th March 2019, 12:56 PM
Just bank transferred the £18

MINI William
29th March 2019, 09:57 AM
Just bank transferred the £18

Thanks Matt

MINI William
7th April 2019, 02:43 PM
For anyone thinking about attending, I need to know by the 14th of the month if your wishing to be on the NMS stand for MINI at Home so that I can get club stand car passes sorted

MINI William
7th April 2019, 05:22 PM
The tickets for the show and the club stand pass aren’t related. As far as I’m away the club stand pass is only a pass for the car to allow the car in. You’ll still need to have got show tickets as well.

Im assuming that thoese that have their show tickets are going to be on the stand, it’s just a little reminder for those that either haven’t got tickets yet or are in 2 minds about going or not

Twisterboy
7th April 2019, 09:51 PM
Got my ticket for the show tail end of last year, so looking forward to being on the stand.

It’s going to be a epic weekend.

Davy

Ehjack
13th April 2019, 05:59 PM
William, something has come and we will no longer be able to make it. Absolutely gutted :(.

Twisterboy
14th April 2019, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear that mate, trust everything ok.

Davy

MINI William
14th April 2019, 12:58 PM
William, something has come and we will no longer be able to make it. Absolutely gutted :(.

No problems

Twisterboy
16th May 2019, 07:04 AM
A week tomorrow......Roadtrip....... Cannot wait :thumbs up:

Craig
16th May 2019, 09:57 AM
Will need to give our apologies for this also as we are unable to go now. Hope you all have a great time. [emoji16]

cuddles
16th May 2019, 10:19 AM
Will need to give our apologies for this also as we are unable to go now. Hope you all have a great time. [emoji16]

Awwwww so sorry to hear this , was looking forward to seeing you both xx

M600-RKJ
19th May 2019, 02:49 PM
That's the coupe got a new auxiliary belt this morning. I've got a mini euro trip planned for the week after so making sure it's as reliable as a mini can be.

Will get a clean on Tuesday/Wednesday for the long trip down Thursday.

Twisterboy
19th May 2019, 04:33 PM
I just need the time to clean mine now......

Davy

CiderFex
19th May 2019, 06:32 PM
The forecast is for rain here tomorrow so I’ll start fettlin’ Rocky on Tuesday.
[emoji1303]

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

marchutch
19th May 2019, 06:49 PM
Gonna miss this for the second year running because the car isn’t ready. Sad times.

Have fun folks.

MINI William
19th May 2019, 09:42 PM
For everyone meeting at Abington we will leave 5am sharp from the services to make sure that we get down in time

Twisterboy
20th May 2019, 07:05 AM
:thumbs up:

CiderFex
22nd May 2019, 05:26 PM
The fettlin’ has begun.
[emoji4]
I’ve managed the foaming, shampooing and drying and started to finish it off with some detailing spray.
I’ll sort everything else tomorrow.
[emoji1303]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/cf71b8b9935e2be1f2cbc964544dfc24.jpg
Oh, and I’ve managed to squeeze in yet another unplanned mod.
[emoji41]
p.s. No William, Andrew & Ali, it’s not.

DigitalLemming
22nd May 2019, 05:27 PM
As a reminder for anybody travelling south with us on Friday morning, chances are we’ll use the M6 Toll road, so you’ll either need change or a card handy for payment. It should be £6.40 to use the it during day time.

Twisterboy
22nd May 2019, 09:21 PM
As a reminder for anybody travelling south with us on Friday morning, chances are we’ll use the M6 Toll road, so you’ll either need change or a card handy for payment. It should be £6.40 to use the it during day time.

Thanks for the heads up.

Davy

M600-RKJ
22nd May 2019, 11:32 PM
I wouldnt never claim to be at Pete's level of skill when it comes to packing stuff in the rear of a mini. The amount he fits in the back fo the roadster can only be attributed to black magic.

But for a mini euro trip I think I've packed plenty into the little coupe.

1 double airbed
1 sleeping bag
2 goose feather pillows
2 20L wash buckets with grit guards
1 bag of every cleaning product necessary
1 large bag of microfirbes (various piles)
1 holdall with changes of clothes for every day
9 bottles of Lipton ice tea
6 cans of blood orange San pellegrino
And a litre or so of oil (because mini)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/3d4ff9e05f3d22eda8fa0b5a1cc9db15.jpg

M600-RKJ
22nd May 2019, 11:32 PM
Ps I've even got room for souvenirs

CiderFex
23rd May 2019, 04:15 AM
I wouldnt never claim to be at Pete's level of skill when it comes to packing stuff in the rear of a mini. The amount he fits in the back fo the roadster can only be attributed to black magic.

But for a mini euro trip I think I've packed plenty into the little coupe.

1 double airbed
1 sleeping bag
2 goose feather pillows
2 20L wash buckets with grit guards
1 bag of every cleaning product necessary
1 large bag of microfirbes (various piles)
1 holdall with changes of clothes for every day
9 bottles of Lipton ice tea
6 cans of blood orange San pellegrino
And a litre or so of oil (because mini)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522/3d4ff9e05f3d22eda8fa0b5a1cc9db15.jpg

That’s a cracking effort Mark.
[emoji1303]
You seem to have taken the art of MINI Tetris to a very high level.
[emoji4]

Twisterboy
23rd May 2019, 07:09 AM
So are we all about ready then??

I've got my final shift at work today, then its off to feed Cri a tank of V Power, check tyre pressures (Engine checks were done last night and oil topped up, breaskdown cover bought as well), pack a cleaning bag, print my ticket and reservation off, spend 5 mins with kids and in bed for about 8ish. Planning on getting up about 2 or 3am and leaving the house no later than 3.45am! Knowing me I will be out house at 3.15am and then grab a nap at Abington!

Davy

CiderFex
23rd May 2019, 03:45 PM
Two down, two to go.
[emoji30]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190523/1bdc4155930567ef0dda70e573bd8db9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190523/c75d94a0f8d251e7897f99ca765b3367.jpg

Twisterboy
23rd May 2019, 04:35 PM
Here's mine packed just the cleaning stuff and a balance bike!!

No weekend bag yet lol!

Had to tilt the seat forward to get the bike in!!

If you are wondering why there is a bike in the rear it's for my nephew when I head back up the road!

CiderFex
23rd May 2019, 04:36 PM
If it rains before Sunday I shall scream and scream and scream until I’m sick...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190523/147d7a2f96109f685a6434ac458a60b9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190523/56299a337c99371c7b1616325e4323e0.jpg

MINI William
23rd May 2019, 09:31 PM
See everyone in the morning at Abington to leave at 5

CiderFex
24th May 2019, 01:01 AM
Have a safe and pleasant trip down all of you getting up in the next hour or so.
[emoji1303]
I’ll be down at the hotel for about 14:30ish tomorrow afters.

cuddles
24th May 2019, 02:57 AM
Have a safe and pleasant trip down all of you getting up in the next hour or so.
[emoji1303]
I’ll be down at the hotel for about 14:30ish tomorrow afters.

See you soon xxxx

marchutch
24th May 2019, 10:32 AM
Have a safe journey and a great time at the show everyone. Shame not to catch up.

CiderFex
24th May 2019, 02:09 PM
That’s Rocky fettled as far as I can for now.
There’s just no point in vacuuming and dusting the interior ‘cos it’ll be a roofless cruise down the road tomorrow so it’ll just get loppy again by the time I get there.

Have fun today and this evening all and I’ll see you tomorrow afters.
[emoji4]

MINI William
24th May 2019, 04:00 PM
Down safe and sound and Factory Tour done. Was a brilliant tour with an insight into some of the changes being made to accommodate the new electric car

Twisterboy
24th May 2019, 05:12 PM
Tour was fantastic, great insight into how the factory runs and seeing a mini being produced to rolling off the production line.

Davy

MINI William
26th May 2019, 08:08 PM
Thank you to everyone who came along this weekend. It was a brilliant weekend and hope that everyone enjoyed the Factory and the show.

The show was a new show for NMS to attend and the show has a lot of potential that I’m sure can be worked out but is still worth a travel down to attend.

More catering is is certainly needed and merchants need to have more on to sell, there was plenty company’s there but not a lot to buy. SMPS where really the only exception to this that had lots on offer.

We’re now off to have a look at the cottages for the Bakewell Tour so apologies for not travelling back up with everyone but will be worth it in the end.

matsarm
26th May 2019, 08:21 PM
That’s me not long back home too. Had a brilliant weekend, factory tour was excellent and show was a good experience. Fun day out yesterday too and I’ve even come home with a tan [emoji3508]

Laura JCW
26th May 2019, 08:36 PM
Here's a few pics of the club stand

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937612553_89fd47de1a_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35N6g)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35N6g) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937599922_322fe61589_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35Jku)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35Jku) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937624146_73724f9d35_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35Rx9)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35Rx9) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937594682_ce80a4c53c_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35GM9)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35GM9) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937610883_9a60338c77_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35MAt)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35MAt) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a few pics from today. It was a well attended MINI event and definitely has potential with a few tweaks. Sorry we had to leave early :(

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937623786_d28546a0dc_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35RqW)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35RqW) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937599897_ab6359cea9_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35Jk4)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35Jk4) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937612288_f90277afd9_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35N1G)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35N1G) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937622446_864ce364ec_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35R2Q)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35R2Q) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937624436_c2f8ba9051_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35RC9)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35RC9) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937612573_06f6cdde5e_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35N6B)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35N6B) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937612628_1daa2556f9_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35N7y)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35N7y) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

Not usually a pink gal on cars but my fav car from today

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937610968_af8a33db2d_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35MBW)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35MBW) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

My fav pic of the weekend :thumbs up:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47937623911_99e201150c_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2g35Rt6)MINI at Home - Oxford Plant (https://flic.kr/p/2g35Rt6) by Laura Meek (https://www.flickr.com/photos/159569360@N04/), on Flickr

CiderFex
27th May 2019, 01:23 AM
Unfortunately I never got to take many pics, or video, due to the amount of folks that wanted to have a chat about Rocky. It was absolutely mental and it attracts way more attention than 1499 ever did !!!
[emoji15]
At any future shows I’m just gonna grab mi cameras, put mi head down and run away from the club stand to see what the rest of the show looks like.
[emoji23]
I had a stunning roofless cruise on the way down and had no “traffic issues” until I hit the M40, which was expected.
The fact that I ended up being 6 minutes earlier the planned was a very nice bonus though.
[emoji4]
I personally really enjoyed our 300 mile walk around the centre of Oxford and it was a nice addition to a great few days away.
In regards to the actual show it was a great turn out but I personally think that there are quite a few areas in need of improvement.
They really need to be quite a few more “marshalls” walking around checking on stands, be able to answer any questions about the show and generally just police the event in general eg actually enforce the rules especially the “no revving” rule. It can’t be THAT hard to kick out folks if they are being a complete moron.
There were also next to no bins which is a huge omission in my eyes. The layout though is as good as it could’ve been and makes good use of the huge space available.
The severe lack of catering was disappointing but I did enjoy the walk down to Burger King so it wasn’t all bad.
I’ve still got to look through the few pics I did take to see if they are worth posting but I can post this one for now which I’ve taken from the time lapse I took on the Insta360 One X.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/518de72552072d954e4767ad409525f5.jpg

MINI William
27th May 2019, 08:15 AM
Love that little NMS world picture Pete. Laura love your photos as well. Sadly I never got any pictures due to the camera being out of charge :ragin:. Looking forward to everyone else’s photos when they get round to posting them.

CiderFex
27th May 2019, 09:44 AM
Love that little NMS world picture Pete. Laura love your photos as well. Sadly I never got any pictures due to the camera being out of charge :ragin:. Looking forward to everyone else’s photos when they get round to posting them.

Thanks William.
[emoji1303]

CiderFex
27th May 2019, 09:48 AM
I must apologise for the shaky footage in the vid but I’d not tightened up the camera to the stick tightly enough so it moved slightly which is why the video jumps occasionally.
[emoji30]
Oh well, I now know for next time.
It’s not up to Spielberg standards but it has given me an idea of what it’s possible to film whilst we are setting up a club stand.
It’s only 2 minutes long so you can save yourself opening the popcorn.
[emoji23]

https://youtu.be/OC3PXSMw-PM

CiderFex
27th May 2019, 10:08 AM
Here are the very few pics that I did manage to take.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/3bd6ae16d1fd92e8bae3d3e07e14d0df.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/5bb217e524575c1dd91331d5305ad326.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/97ca9da8aba2a4af2cea0e89c2e9d31d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/1c578e006bee8ebaa5a4232e21849483.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/061bdf58d2e2cbc8bdcdb8b27dd63ac9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/1e17adc5eda03ed3b4e1f347002635dc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/526a28e907c94079f2d03a881503c67a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/47a65873f142d5b87dd080bb09654ea8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/53320f5531b6199273ff77b267203751.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/90ac33dc65955a94cd68b3c6cebd5f33.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/dac8be262b0f1ab06c3fe922766da4cf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/b3b9e0eda287f4fdebee0390793128c8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/84f263b89e31ce3279f409335c0a92ad.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/50d60f73f2b3d41a305ce57f394940cf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/efb936dfa1052d3ad9d690c7505ddbda.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/fee871f2bee58106ab42ca4f799a2afb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/4719976ec47ba9b40d9498260ea57857.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190527/2bb214efe63252ab61d5ff75c261c6cf.jpgSent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

MINI William
27th May 2019, 06:58 PM
Great pictures Pete and love the Video

badwolf340
27th May 2019, 07:08 PM
Cracking pics Pete the video is something else :cool:

CiderFex
27th May 2019, 07:27 PM
Great pictures Pete and love the Video

Cracking pics Pete the video is something else :cool:

Thank you both.
[emoji4]
I’m very happy with the pics because I’m still getting used to the new camera and still have a few things to work on with it.

Yeah, the video was just a test really to see if I could get the effect that I was looking for.
It worked a treat but I do need to make sure that the camera is fully fastened to the stick the next time I try it.
[emoji30]
Before MMM I’ll try it out again but with the stick fully extended. Yesterday it was less than half the height it could’ve been.

Twisterboy
27th May 2019, 09:14 PM
What a fantastic weekend, good company and prob spent more than I should have! But worth it.

Got tons of pics to go through!

Thoughts on the show:

I enjoyed it but lack of catering unless you liked expensive pulled pork, crêpes or coffee sort of ruined it but luxework even admitted that and how much of a killing they could have made!

Revving of engines totally agree with Pete and could be better enforced.

Traders could have been better

Again it's the second year of this show but could have been a lot more with it being the 60th anniversary year as into seemed people were leaving by lunchtime.

Would defo do it again next year through.

Davy

CiderFex
28th May 2019, 06:33 AM
I’ve just re-edited the original time lapse footage and created two tiny planet style videos from it.
I’ve upped the speed to 8x and also added motion blur to the first one.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
[emoji4]
They are now only 16 seconds each in length.
https://youtu.be/0pihLsvNY9Y

https://youtu.be/BT4wg6e-c_I

MINI William
28th May 2019, 07:58 AM
Prefer it without the motion blur as well Pete

CiderFex
28th May 2019, 07:59 AM
Prefer it without the motion blur as well Pete

Ta William.
[emoji1303]

MINI William
28th May 2019, 11:54 AM
I’ve passed on your feedback to Kieran at Luxwerks

DigitalLemming
29th May 2019, 08:45 PM
A few of my photos from the weekend:

Evidence of the time I had to get up at...
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960737303_d75dd87f31_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960761001_db5fb2d92d_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960756811_1de8f98bd6_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960759921_1cda51e3be_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960719572_3866c15b5b_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960734243_dcbce7c942_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960719117_65977ce6dc_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960732873_c233c3c04f_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960732918_9a7150a740_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960756421_2dfc0657e9_c.jpg

DigitalLemming
29th May 2019, 08:47 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960721072_0a6448ff3e_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960736118_bf2c70f122_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960735753_8a3afea29e_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960760201_1b3aab20e4_c.jpg

When you realise William is at the MINI factory and he has his wallet
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960720467_7303cb49ac_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47960718302_b9aa999f45_c.jpg

Twisterboy
29th May 2019, 09:36 PM
Cracking photos Andrew.

Davy

MINI William
30th May 2019, 05:05 AM
Great photos Andrew

Magoo
30th May 2019, 09:38 PM
I’m an idiot lol

CiderFex
31st May 2019, 09:19 AM
You’ve got some nice shots there Andrew.
[emoji4]
I forgot to add the few of mine that I took on mi phone when we were in Oxford as well.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/a80208895ee8c9b404870000706222cb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/62f12c8ce91e8a1173941cf38be4e7d8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/6788f6fe51ebb150fb7a6ac228710849.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/df73ec5c04852162a432dfb2181ff624.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/87ee8662aaa06d8ed0a143601632250c.jpg
The “two girls, a rowing boat and a ranty man in a river cruiser” incident.
[emoji23]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/9993a30e644f8112a81d298cc451fdd4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/622d9c0d3b73712d8342b02cfb90f509.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/a1cb6f1ac0e88daf477f199f2daaa6ca.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/d0315801a3dac63759e4c7880d25e08e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/b405b36b16ea1aa8ead439ef8041950b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/e873491774d97959a32e5502d999d0b4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/2a84d763415276abae8585475f804218.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/a4592752cf8cf579d623332a7cb400f6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/4a27bd9c0afc4b67eca792eef8dfb9fb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/15feb5325a38662367b6a3ef800ffae6.jpg

Twisterboy
31st May 2019, 09:23 AM
Cracking pics Pete, even got some of the girls in that rowing boat!

Hard to believe that's a week gone already since Mini at Home!

Davy

CiderFex
31st May 2019, 09:25 AM
Cracking pics Pete, even got some of the girls in that rowing boat!

Hard to believe that's a week gone already since Mini at Home!

Davy

Ta Davy.
[emoji1303]
Yeah, time flies by way too quickly this day and age...

MINI William
19th June 2019, 09:23 AM
MINI @ Home day video HERE (https://youtu.be/g5tL1-QeleE)

CiderFex
19th June 2019, 09:29 AM
Nice to see the ClubVan and the fact that we had the only club flag in the entire video.
[emoji41]

MINI William
19th June 2019, 10:38 AM
Sure was Pete