PDA

View Full Version : R53 auto headlight adjustment after lowering

R53 230bhp+
17th November 2018, 11:36 PM
Hi peeps, my headlights are ****, they're good upto about 15 feet but then nothing, when I switch them on they auto adjust and look bright but they are still pointing down slightly, it's a 2006 r53 cooper s lowered 30mm, I've still got to check the level sensors but is there a way of compensating for the level ?, Can it be callibrated with the laptop? It's the angel eye xenon lights,
or is one of the sensor's that's fkd ?

Or it might be that I need to start eating more carrots !!!

badwolf340
18th November 2018, 08:41 AM
I think if you check the sensors that may give an idea of what’s going on and where to go from there ,maybe worth asking Douglas of B&M has he has a wealth of knowledge

MINI William
18th November 2018, 09:34 AM
Is the bonnet sitting ok? As the lights are attached to the bonnet this could be a reason, even with the auto levelling. If that’s not the case I would suggest speaking with the guys at B&M who have done a lot of work on our cars over the years and always been great.

Mon the fish
19th November 2018, 07:52 AM
Level sensor is on the front axle, but shouldn't be disturbed replacing coils. You can adjust the lights using screws on the back of them, one for horizontal and one for vertical

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

R53 230bhp+
6th December 2019, 06:35 PM
Update on this, fitted osram night breakers, expensive but litlerly night and day, now I can see where I'm going, thanks forum peeps !!!!