PDA

View Full Version : Dash Camera & Parrot Fitting

Stu4rt
17th November 2018, 11:03 PM
Hi,

I am looking to fit a front and rear dash cam in my 2014 Countryman. I also have a Parrot Mki 9200 that i removed from my old car and was going to have a go at fitting this as well, i was wondering if there was anyone local to me (Ayr) that has maybe done similar before and would be interested in maybe lending me a hand as i would love to have a go at things like this but am lacking a bit of confidence!

Obviously i wouldn't expect somebody to give up there time for free, i have had a few quotes of around £300 but would much rather have a go and hopefully learn a bit at the same time.

Thanks

MINI William
18th November 2018, 09:32 AM
A 2014 countryman should have Bluetooth as standard. I’ve never hard fitted a camera before but could use the 12v socket in the boot as a power source

Stu4rt
18th November 2018, 10:16 AM
I should have said the Parrot fitting is for using my music on my phone my car does have Bluetooth for calls, I know you can buy the y cable for iPhone but I have a Samsung phone and my wife has an iPhone so that wouldn't help us both.

EcosseGP
18th November 2018, 12:10 PM
Which dash cam have you bought ? Wiring the front will be relatively easy and you could hard wire it to the fuse box without too much trouble. I’m not too sure how the rear one works and it’s usually a bit of a nightmare trying to leave enough wire for the tail gate opening and closing but shouldn’t be too much hassle especially if it’s got a power socket in the boot or does it connect to the front camera or a box stashed somewhere that controls them both.
I’ve used the parrot a couple of times and whilst it looks a lot of wires it’s usually straight forward providing you can get into the rear of the head unit. It’s simply a matter of buying the appropriate wiring harness and then plugging in the parrot one. Usually finding space to stash the wires is the hardest part. Run the microphone up the drivers A pillar and then either across the top of the windscreen and mount it near the interior light or leave it at the top of the A pillar (problem with leaving it here is if you have the window down you usually get wind noise and callers struggler to hear you).
Was no more than an hour job for both on the R53 but I’m not up to speed with the Countryman set up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

badwolf340
18th November 2018, 08:26 PM
MINI do a front and rear camera that might suit your needs :yes nod: