PDA

View Full Version : L77NDA

Crombers
8th November 2018, 02:35 PM
Looking for a bit of info folks. L77NDA (family friend) is looking to replace her (very low mileage) R58 JCW Coupe and has asked me a few questions about MINI (no laughing at the back)

Is it just me or is the current F55 JCW as rare as hens teeth?

M600-RKJ
8th November 2018, 03:23 PM
Other than Christina's convertible I've never actually seen one out and about. I think Christina's is for at Harry fairbairn or it's a very nicely speced chilli red car

- - - Updated - - -

I'm speaking total rubbish Alistair Sr has one so I've seen 2

mikeswagon
8th November 2018, 04:20 PM
What's she looking for?

F55's the more door, F57's the convertible.

No JCW F55, but it could be ordered with the JCW kit with deeper JCW style bumpers and skirts.

EcosseGP
8th November 2018, 04:46 PM
Yeah the F55 is the five door MINI hatch is that what she’s looking for Crombers or is it the F57 convertible that’s she’s looking for ?

The F57 is rare at the moment that’s for sure although HF have one for sale in red ST68DUH.

I’ve never seen an F55 JCW although the F55 is available with the JCW kit on it.

I hope all that makes sense Crombers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crombers
8th November 2018, 04:55 PM
It's the 5 door F55 JCW that she is thinking about & AutoTrader has one auto for sale.

There are plenty of S,s with JCW bodykits but very little info on the full Works

DigitalLemming
8th November 2018, 05:30 PM
I've never heard the reasoning behind not having an F55 JCW in the line up, when all the other models do

EcosseGP
8th November 2018, 05:36 PM
I would think that any of the F55s can have the JCW tuning kit added as when you add the exhaust it comes with a remap to take the power to 210.
I’ve never seen an F55 JCW for sale yet ..

EcosseGP
8th November 2018, 05:44 PM
http://www.motoringfile.com/2015/05/09/mini-to-introduce-jcw-package-to-f55-five-door/

... as suspected 210 upgrade with JCW kit

mikeswagon
8th November 2018, 05:58 PM
It's the 5 door F55 JCW that she is thinking about & AutoTrader has one auto for sale.

There are plenty of S,s with JCW bodykits but very little info on the full Works

Apologies, I've never seen one with the tuning kit.... definitely rare it seems. Maybe easier to get an S with the JCW styling and tune it yourselves?

Crombers
8th November 2018, 06:23 PM
Acht well never mind, cheers for the updates folks :thumbs up:

Will see if she can have another rethink on the JCW Clubman but she's not 'sold on the back end.
The new JCW Countryman is unfortunatey not on the agenda atm but the pre 2016 model is being seriously considered :thumbs up:

MINI William
8th November 2018, 06:31 PM
The most HOT version of the F55 was the Works 210 which is an S with the tuning kit, still a rare little car

EcosseGP
8th November 2018, 06:48 PM
For what it’s worth I loved the new Clubman JCW I had on demo for 4 days and as an overall car it’s great to drive and live with. I couldn’t rally find a lot wrong with it and in my opinion the only downside is the fuel tanker you need to keep up with you as I felt it drinks fuel for fun (possibly due to the 4 wheel drive). I didn’t abuse it in any way shape or form as I wanted to see what it was like for day to day driving (incase folk thought otherwise).
I also loved Christina’s JCW Countryman which I had the opportunity to drive a couple of times. I think it’s a car that many folk don’t give a second look but I think it would be great fun to own. You’ll get a lot of car for the money now but it’ll be trying to find a good example that may be an issue. The only thing that I wasn’t keen on was the handbrake but that wouldn’t have put me off owning one.
If it was me Crombers I wouldn’t let her write off the new F54 Clubby S you get a great car for the money and with a wee tune it should be quicker than a JCW !

Ehjack
8th November 2018, 09:31 PM
I've got a 2018 F55 cooper s and it has the tuning kit. I also got all the interior JCW parts. I just need some JCW wheels and then I have practically got a JCW ;).

Honestly, I test drove the clubman before buying the F55 (had a child on the way at the time). But the 5 door was the best decision I made as it's very similar to the 3 door.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Crombers
9th November 2018, 04:42 PM
Now thankfully looking at an F55 'S' cheers for the input guys & will keep you all posted :thumbs up:

Really surprised that the 5 door Is not available with the full JCW package, I know I'm well out of the knowledge with regard to all new developments but ........

EcosseGP
9th November 2018, 07:47 PM
I personally think that’s the best route and if they need more power a remap is cheap enough to make it worth your while. Can get 250bhp without any hassle at all from an S with everything else standard.