PDA

View Full Version : Guy Martin - World's Fastest Van.

Twisterboy
5th November 2018, 08:14 AM
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone seen this last night?

First time I have actually sat and watched anything with Guy Martin in it and wonders why I have never seen anything else with him in it before (ALL4 Catchup day I think).

Anyhow what a Fantastic Programme and that Van was something else 3.5 Ecoboost, I really did think he was going to push it to get the fastest top speed on the 2 mile straight at the ring with the van on fire.

Davy

CiderFex
5th November 2018, 08:18 AM
I’ve watched every single one of his programmes over the last few weeks.
The road race in Nevada was pretty cool and the huge Wall of Death is a good ‘un as well.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Chloe
5th November 2018, 12:12 PM
I’m going to watch the one from last night on catch up as I missed it.

I’ve watched all the other ones. They were great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CiderFex
5th November 2018, 12:36 PM
I think he’s a brilliant bloke and expect that he would be a great laugh on a night out.
I created the below to put under my side scuttles because I just love the design.
It does make me laugh how he’s had it built into the roof tiles on his house.
[emoji23]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181105/90e39e33c116de16410d01c864c7f868.jpg

Big Gordy
5th November 2018, 01:46 PM
Guy Martin is ......AWESOME :thumbs up:
How he's not won a TT yet is a travesty but to be fair he's been up against some of the best TT riders of all time.....McGuinness, Hutchison, Dunlop, Anstie, etc so he's had his work cut out. He was tipped to be a presenter on Top Gear a few years back but turned it down....pity because he would have been a breath of fresh air to the programme. His speed challenge programmes were brilliant and he holds world records for all kinds of daft thing.....fastest bike on water, fastest tobogan, fastest boggie, fastest bicycle.....:thud:

Chloe
5th November 2018, 01:49 PM
I have also read his book. Interesting and great read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeswagon
5th November 2018, 01:49 PM
The van's a fair machine, it was on display last year IIRC at the Grampian Transport Museum, he's a good supporter of the museum loaning a shed load over the years.

Sabine will be trawling German autotrader for a van to modify now.

EcosseGP
5th November 2018, 11:44 PM
What a cracking programme and as a presenter I think he always comes across very well. He always just tells or explains as they are and in simple terms. I always wondered what had happened to his van after his American challenge !
I’ve watched most if not all of his series to date and they never seem to make me laugh and make you wanting to watch the next.
I think what makes him different to everyone else is that he wants to get involved in everything that is happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twisterboy
6th November 2018, 08:08 AM
It's a shame Guy never took the role of Top Gear Presenter, he comes across as a very approachable and easy going person and as someone said he would have been a breath of fresh air.

CiderFex
6th November 2018, 08:11 AM
Personally I think he’s way too good for Top Gear.
He’s perfectly suited to the “Our Guy in...” type of programs and just asks questions that wouldn’t normally be asked. His enthusiasm and excitement really add a nice touch to the shows.

Mon the fish
6th November 2018, 10:53 AM
Top Gear is just getting far too Pop-Factor like in terms of being a mile wide but inch deep with the content - it's getting worse and worse as the BBC flog a dead horse. I like Chris Harris, love his YouTube videos as he's a genuine car guy, running an E28 M5 for example - it's not about the newest and shiniest for him. But I feel for him with TG now, as he's the only genuine car guy there.

What people forget is that Clarkson etc were journalists first, TV folk second - that's the difference, it gives an underpinning beneath the TV gloss surface. Harris is the same.

Guy Martin is far too genuine, unscripted, and not OTT enough for the way the BBC want Top Gear to be.

weefossy
8th November 2018, 10:36 PM
Big fan of Guy and all his programmes. Was a tad disappointed when he made the Tranny mid-engine...….not really a "Tranny" in my book. Wish he had achieved what he did with a front engine.
And I know a lot about "Tranny's"......lol

mikeswagon
9th November 2018, 10:52 AM
Knew I had a pic somewhere, this was the opening day of the 2017 season, that's his first car next to it. Imagine being able to buy/keep your first car :thumbs up:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4867/45743778152_3b4edf07e2_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2cGdPyd)

weefossy
11th November 2018, 08:37 PM
Great picture