PDA

View Full Version : F54 Cooper S tuning parts

Gogs
28th October 2018, 02:19 PM
If anyone is looking to sell F54 Cooper S tuning parts let me know.

Ideally I’ll be looking to upgrade the intercooler, exhaust and air filter/intake at some point prior to getting a remap.

Thanks

Gogs
28th October 2018, 03:37 PM
I would love to get hold of a Remus exhaust but they are so expensive!

I have looked into the JB4 and I like the idea of the plug and play but I would need to put the car on a rolling road to set up properly and see what sort of gains it was producing.

I’ve used Ecotune in Glasgow for mapping before with good results albeit it wasn’t a Mini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Track Ali
28th October 2018, 04:45 PM
We've trialled a JB4 on the dyno to see the gains.

On the day we visited the F56 JCW we used produced a peak of 244bhp and 303 ft/lbs of torque.

With the JB4 on Map 1 (which is +4PSI over stock) the test car made 271bhp and 330ft/lbs.

With the JB4 on Map 2 (which is +6PSI over stock) the test car made 285bhp and 350ft/lbs.

I do know that a little more is possible with the JB4 if it's dialled in to the specific car but for a simple plug and play job we found the above figures to be very positive.

It's also worth mentioning that the JB4 is designed for the Cooper S so the above figures are what you can realistically expect from a Cooper S. The only concern with running Map 2 is high exhaust temperatures (EGTs) so it's advised to use Map 2 only if you have an upgraded exhaust.

Gogs
28th October 2018, 04:55 PM
That’s interesting. It’s good to hear of someone that has actually tested a JB4 as most of the time people just estimate the results.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot available in terms of exhaust options for the clubman and I wouldn’t bother with the hassle of fitting a decat downpipe.

Gogs
20th October 2020, 09:29 PM
I’m still on the lookout for an exhaust for the Clubman.

If anyone is looking to sell a JCW or Remus exhaust then please let me know.

I’ve been watching for something suitable to come up for sale for ages but no joy as yet.

If I don’t find something come the new year I’ll probably opt for a new Remus exhaust.

Thanks

stoney
24th October 2020, 10:27 AM
Why not look at a custom system normally cheaper than the likes of reamus ect

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Gogs
25th October 2020, 12:19 PM
Why not look at a custom system normally cheaper than the likes of reamus ect

I just feel like it would be a bit of a gamble when it comes to sound/noise whereas you know what you’re getting with the Remus exhaust.

It’s something I’ll have a look at though and see if it’s an option.

stoney
25th October 2020, 12:36 PM
I just feel like it would be a bit of a gamble when it comes to sound/noise whereas you know what you’re getting with the Remus exhaust.

It’s something I’ll have a look at though and see if it’s an option.Any good custom place should be able to make it how you want it.