PDA

View Full Version : F56 JCW or 210 wanted

RichTea
20th October 2018, 06:15 PM
Hi folks, about to start looking at some in dealerships etc, but does no harm to see if anyone on here was thinking of selling up.

Time to replace my clubman SD

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
20th October 2018, 07:40 PM
Good luck in your hunt especially for a JCW as they’re hard to come by just now. There’s a few selling up on the forums so you might be in luck.
One of the boys at our office is selling up if you’re interested it’s silver white with a red roof and fully loaded with launch control and it parks itself lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
20th October 2018, 08:42 PM
Have a look at Sacha Allen on FB he’s got a 210 for sale with pro exhaust !

MINI William
21st October 2018, 08:26 AM
Harry fairbairn had 2 210’s, a white silver demo and my wife’s thunder grey don’t know if they still have them

RichTea
21st October 2018, 10:03 AM
Good luck in your hunt especially for a JCW as they’re hard to come by just now. There’s a few selling up on the forums so you might be in luck.
One of the boys at our office is selling up if you’re interested it’s silver white with a red roof and fully loaded with launch control and it parks itself lol.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkCheers, if you can send me details of it, that would be great!
Have a look at Sacha Allen on FB he’s got a 210 for sale with pro exhaust !

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkJust found her, nice car and is spec i want, heated seats etc
Harry fairbairn had 2 210’s, a white silver demo and my wife’s thunder grey don’t know if they still have themMight be gone, only challenge 210 that's left is with peter vardy. But planning to go see a white jcw with red roof at HF later today

mikeswagon
22nd October 2018, 09:15 AM
Don't know your preferred spec, colour etc, but John Clark had about 6 JCWs last week.

RichTea
22nd October 2018, 04:16 PM
Don't know your preferred spec, colour etc, but John Clark had about 6 JCWs last week.Ill check their website and see what's there. I have mainly been using AutoTrader so far.

I'm looking for a 2016 onwards car, heated seats a must. Also want xl media pack. And to have done less than 20k miles. Would like a jcw pro exhaust, but not essential. Colour, I'm open to options.

To get what I want, ill prob need to buy from England.

Test drove two at HF in Giffnock yesterday, but feel pricing was a bit high for condition / spec list when compared to other dealers. Very helpful team in there though.

M600-RKJ
23rd October 2018, 09:06 AM
Andrews Jcw is up for sale. Electric blue 16 plate

MINI William
23rd October 2018, 10:55 AM
Andrews Jcw is up for sale. Electric blue 16 plate

That has heated seats,HUD and pro exhaust

RichTea
23rd October 2018, 05:19 PM
That has heated seats,HUD and pro exhaust
Andrews Jcw is up for sale. Electric blue 16 plateI'm not sure who Andrew is, could you PM me a link to an advert or his username?

Many thanks
R.

DigitalLemming
23rd October 2018, 05:26 PM
That’ll be my old car they’re talking about, it’s in Kirkcaldy at the HF Garage.

https://approvedusedminis.co.uk/vehicle/201808179598385?quoteref=36049deb-300d-4584-b8f2-9b606273439f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichTea
24th October 2018, 01:10 PM
Thanks for that, a nice car and well priced but not quite what I'm after.

Found a car i like in terms of spec, but its only a cooper S. If im going to give up my clubman for a hatch, i think i want a JCW!

Could always up the power and get a pro exhaust, but wont have same brakes and credentials as a JCW.

Its a tough call

EcosseGP
24th October 2018, 02:38 PM
Thanks for that, a nice car and well priced but not quite what I'm after.

Found a car i like in terms of spec, but its only a cooper S. If im going to give up my clubman for a hatch, i think i want a JCW!

Could always up the power and get a pro exhaust, but wont have same brakes and credentials as a JCW.

Its a tough call

^^^ don’t be put off by its only an S. I’ve got “only an S” and yes it’s not a JCW but I prefer it as it’s being changed to the way that I wanted it. Yes it’s had a few pounds spent on it here and there but at first glance could you tell it’s an S I’m not so sure and will it keep up with a JCW well I’m saying nothing lol ...

Got to think do you need big brakes ? The rears are the same as the JCW just painted red that’s all. You could always source a set of JCW front callipers, discs and pads ... it’s been done [emoji6][emoji6]

As for the pro exhaust ... Ask anyone if they’ve got one would they swap it back for the standard?

RichTea
24th October 2018, 03:28 PM
^^^ don’t be put off by its only an S. I’ve got “only an S” and yes it’s not a JCW but I prefer it as it’s being changed to the way that I wanted it. Yes it’s had a few pounds spent on it here and there but at first glance could you tell it’s an S I’m not so sure and will it keep up with a JCW well I’m saying nothing lol ...

Got to think do you need big brakes ? The rears are the same as the JCW just painted red that’s all. You could always source a set of JCW front callipers, discs and pads ... it’s been done [emoji6][emoji6]

As for the pro exhaust ... Ask anyone if they’ve got one would they swap it back for the standard?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYou make a lot of good points, and i agree, shouldn't rule it out based on it just being an S or otherwise. I've decided to go down for a test drive after work, as when i saw it last time, it was 5 cars deep on the forecourt and they couldn't get it out easily

RichTea
24th October 2018, 08:34 PM
Thanks for that.

Drove the S today, nice car but felt that it didnt have the low down pull that the jcw had. Its not a no, but i might consider a remap and pro exhaust for it.

Lots of thinking to do...

M600-RKJ
24th October 2018, 09:26 PM
Thanks for that.

Drove the S today, nice car but felt that it didnt have the low down pull that the jcw had. Its not a no, but i might consider a remap and pro exhaust for it.

Lots of thinking to do...

Lacking in low down?

I drove an S with the pro exhaust earlier in the year and I felt like the only place it had power was low down. Imo it falls on its face above 5k. But that's seems to be the way with all of the recent turbos. My friends 1.8T polo gti was the exact same brilliant torque and pulled well from low revs but after 5500 the engine just died and you could actually hear it die even the revs fell flat after 5500

RichTea
24th October 2018, 09:55 PM
Lacking in low down?

I drove an S with the pro exhaust earlier in the year and I felt like the only place it had power was low down. Imo it falls on its face above 5k. But that's seems to be the way with all of the recent turbos. My friends 1.8T polo gti was the exact same brilliant torque and pulled well from low revs but after 5500 the engine just died and you could actually hear it die even the revs fell flat after 5500Maybe lacking isn't the word as it definitely wasn't slow, and didn't feel flat over 5k either (not that i had much opportunity)

Im trying to figure out if im being a badge snob or if a JCW is worth holding out for.

Arghhh

M600-RKJ
24th October 2018, 10:13 PM
Maybe lacking isn't the word as it definitely wasn't slow, and didn't feel flat over 5k either (not that i had much opportunity)

Im trying to figure out if im being a badge snob or if a JCW is worth holding out for.

Arghhh

For me having an r56S the f56 S didn't feel faster you could feel a big difference in gear like over taking was no issue it was quite happy to get on boost and go(the benefit of the 2L being able to spool the turbo much faster). Haven't driven a 210 or Jcw but going by people's reviews the tune that they get certainly seems to waken up the engine.

For me personally I think for fun you would need a 210 or Jcw or an S with a tune. The issue I've found with the 210 is there aren't that many interesting specs on the used market everyone seemed to play it very safe with the spec.

Just my tuppence worth.

Everyone's bum dyno is different

- - - Updated - - -

6 month older than you are looking for but this seems like a super clean challenge 210 and has all of the Jcw pro parts and being the challenge has all of the carbon accents as well

I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810021090765?atmobcid=soc3

Download the app to find your perfect car.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.autotrader.androidconsumersearch&referrer=utm_source%3DApp%2520Share

MINI William
25th October 2018, 10:28 AM
Works 210 for me gives all the fun of a JCW without the same costs as a JCW and as it’s a 210 don’t need to change exhaust that you would need to do on a JCW as the standard JCW exhaust just isn’t as much fun. Megan’s 210 kept up with JCWs all day long and even beat a certain Blue JCW

CiderFex
25th October 2018, 10:36 AM
...and even beat a certain Blue JCW

...most of us did.
[emoji23]

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

RichTea
25th October 2018, 11:24 AM
Cheers folks, and thanks for that link mark. Have spotted a nice 210 works doen in borehamwood. 18 reg and all the toys i want for a pinch over 20k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807148434150?atmobcid=soc3

Will give it a call. Just hate the whole distance thing

EcosseGP
25th October 2018, 08:26 PM
Good luck but sometimes you’ve got to travel to get what you want.

M600-RKJ
25th October 2018, 09:35 PM
Oh it's an auto you're after. Never noticed pefore does the cooper S not get sports pedals. The Jcw must get metals pedals yeah?

goggs
25th October 2018, 09:35 PM
I went out to buy an F56 S and enjoyed the test drive, the dealer then asked would I like to drive the F56 JCW, which I did, loved it, with the deal I got the cost was very similar to buy both cars

Eddie_JCW
25th October 2018, 09:43 PM
Cheers folks, and thanks for that link mark. Have spotted a nice 210 works doen in borehamwood. 18 reg and all the toys i want for a pinch over 20k

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201807148434150?atmobcid=soc3

Will give it a call. Just hate the whole distance thing

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkIf you are considering this car make sure you ask for the works 210 badges which are missing.

RichTea
26th October 2018, 10:48 PM
Good luck but sometimes you’ve got to travel to get what you want.

Cheers, decided to buy this 210. Just need to get down to buy it at some point soon

Oh it's an auto you're after. Never noticed pefore does the cooper S not get sports pedals. The Jcw must get metals pedals yeah?

Yeah, i test drove both the manual and the 8 speed auto, and really preferred the auto with its flappy paddles. Felt quicker and as if it is always in the power band. Also does some DSG style 'farts' when changing gear.

Never noticed the colour of the pedals until you mentioned it

I went out to buy an F56 S and enjoyed the test drive, the dealer then asked would I like to drive the F56 JCW, which I did, loved it, with the deal I got the cost was very similar to buy both cars

Sounds like the best plan if the cost is similar

If you are considering this car make sure you ask for the works 210 badges which are missing.

Good spot. I've asked the sales lady to ensure they are fitted for me collecting the car. She has got the parts dept on it

M600-RKJ
26th October 2018, 11:24 PM
I was well impressed with the auto in Laura's clubby seemless shifts. Can't go wrong with black on black

Eddie_JCW
29th October 2018, 09:24 PM
You'll love the 210!! In my opinion it's the best F56 you can get [emoji14] but I'm a little biased.

RichTea
30th October 2018, 09:12 AM
Can't wait, I'm flying down tomorrow morning to drive it back up. It will be an early start!

EcosseGP
30th October 2018, 07:21 PM
Happy new car day in advance and there’s nothing like the drive home in a new set of wheels.

CiderFex
31st October 2018, 04:53 AM
Have a safe and pleasant trip.
[emoji106][emoji2532]

RichTea
31st October 2018, 07:29 AM
Cheers folks. Been a 5am start. At glasgow airport and about to depart for luton. Too early for me

CiderFex
31st October 2018, 07:31 AM
Cheers folks. Been a 5am start. At glasgow airport and about to depart for luton. Too early for me

It’s never too early on a New Car Day.
[emoji41]

goggs
31st October 2018, 07:44 AM
Enjoy the drive back up [emoji16]

MINI William
31st October 2018, 08:40 AM
Enjoy new car day. Looking forward to some photos in the gallery section when you get it

RichTea
31st October 2018, 08:57 PM
Thanks folks, after a very long drive, me and the car are home. What a machine. Absolutely delighted and the car is as immaculate as described

CiderFex
31st October 2018, 09:05 PM
Thanks folks, after a very long drive, me and the car are home. What a machine. Absolutely delighted and the car is as immaculate as described

Glad to hear that you’re home safe and sound and that you’re happy with your new purchase.
[emoji106][emoji2532]
Now where’s that mod list....
[emoji23]

Craig
1st November 2018, 06:03 AM

[emoji106][emoji2]