PDA

View Full Version : R56 Cooper headlight bulbs

baw-bag
12th October 2018, 09:40 AM
the ones in my wife's car are pretty rubbish!

It has standard headlights what bulbs should it have? Im seeing conflicting details about them having separate high/low bulbs and other info that says its an H4.

what is the correct bulb, so I can buy some upgrades?

or

is there a holy-grail factory-fit hid that I can get from a breakers?

thanks

BB

JOHN MILNE
12th October 2018, 12:46 PM
Its an H4 bulb thats in them
i have osram night breaker bulbs which are a lot brighter

EcosseGP
12th October 2018, 05:58 PM
MINI lights have always been shocking unless you have the LED upgrade. I’ve tried a number of bulbs over the years to try and make them better but without any real success. The xenon lights are slightly better but they come at a significant to swap the lights over and then attempt to get them working in non xenon factory build cars.
Don’t waste your money on PIAA bulbs they’re not worth the extra cash ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chillax
14th October 2018, 09:21 PM
As above, deffo H4 as just changed mine. The Osram night breakers are a good upgrade over standard bulbs, have had these in all my cars. Some of the "130% brighter" bulbs that halfrauds sells give out a decent nice white light too, but I've found they don't seem to last very long.

Twisterboy
14th October 2018, 09:34 PM
Another vote for Nightbreakers, got them in my Skoda Fabia which is only 9 months old and again headlights as standard were rubbish, will prob update them to nightbteakers in the Mini at some point.

Davy

CiderFex
15th October 2018, 05:53 AM
I fitted Osram Night Breaker Plus in GP1499 nearly 6 years ago and they are still going strong.
Yes, I’ve not used in over a year, but I did drive it for about 35K miles before that so they do last very well.
[emoji4]

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.