PDA

View Full Version : Best Leather Dye/Conditioning Kit

Seanster43
28th August 2018, 11:47 AM
Hi guys, I have tried searching so apologies in advance if this has been covered. My driver side bolster is worn and I was wondering as there’s that many kits on the market what’s been tried and tested for black leather?

Sean

CiderFex
28th August 2018, 01:24 PM
When it comes to in car leather I always use Gliptone products.
I have never used their dye products in all honesty though.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Crombers
28th August 2018, 06:21 PM
Off to search the Car Plan catalogue :rolleyes:

Mon the fish
28th August 2018, 06:39 PM
Furniture Clinic repair kit. Mix the dye to your exact colour, then protect with your choice of leather feed

EcosseGP
28th August 2018, 10:11 PM
I’ve never used any dye kits but some of the lads in the office have used Auto Smart dye on their cars with great results

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blueboy
30th August 2018, 10:48 PM
Get in touch with The Leather Repair Company in Hull. They are great folk to deal with and are the only folk I would consult with when it comes to cleaning, re colouring, or repairing leather of any kind. It is owned by a Richard and Carolynne Hutchins and are very approachable and helpful and wont sell you anything you dont need.
http://www.leatherrepaircompany.com/

nobbyclark
31st August 2018, 03:50 PM
Another vote for Furniture Clinic products. I used them to dress up my R53's bolsters as the seat belt had rubbed a lot of the colour away. I also used one of their repair kits to patch a burn hole in the passenger seat on a Cayenne I used to own. Was impossible to see the join. Very impressed.
https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Repair_Kit

Seanster43
31st August 2018, 07:09 PM
Brilliant response as always guys. Much appreviated. I take it that it should work on the faded bolster? Sorry bit of a newb question. Will give them both a nosey tomorrow was looking on amazon etc but that’s a no go �� will have some pictures on the go tomorrow!

Sean

nobbyclark
3rd September 2018, 12:00 PM
Yes, it will work on the faded bolster as well as patching tears, rips, holes.