PDA

View Full Version : Diamond cut wheels

Hazzabhoy
5th August 2018, 05:36 PM
Hi looking for help as usual! I bought a car from Harry Fairbairn in Irvine and they agreed to get my two front wheels fixed as they were scraped. They said I was to take it to a place in EK and they would foot the bill, the trouble is it has to be left over night and it doesn’t open lat or open early any day so I’m struggling to be able to drop it off and pick it up due to my work. Does anyone know anywhere else that could do it that would be closer to Glasgow city centre or who could pick it up and drop off?

Hazzabhoy
5th August 2018, 06:06 PM
It’s impossible for me to get there I need to be in work before they open and they close before I can get there also

MINI William
5th August 2018, 06:17 PM
Could you not speak with the garage about your times and ask them to take it

Hazzabhoy
5th August 2018, 09:30 PM
I did suggest another Arnold Clark garage but no , they are in Irvine and I stay in Motherwell.

Mon the fish
6th August 2018, 06:47 AM
Ask the dealer how long the offer is valid for and take a days annual leave?

EcosseGP
6th August 2018, 10:47 AM
What age is the car and where do you live ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
6th August 2018, 10:49 AM
Ooh sorry just noticed that you stay in Motherwell.

Car still under warranty?

Brian’s had a couple sorted recently and there’s a place in Stirling that would do them but you’d still need to get and forward to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hazzabhoy
8th August 2018, 10:44 PM
It’s 14 months old, have to wait til I get time off I suppose poor service from fairbairns would be easier to drop it at an Arnold Clark’s and grab a hire car but not possible apparently

EcosseGP
9th August 2018, 08:37 AM
Is it a warranty repair on the wheels then ? I’d have thought that had it been that they’d have taken the car and sorted the wheels and given you a courtesy car to tide you over.

Hazzabhoy
10th August 2018, 07:03 PM
Well I thought so but apparently not so have to wait until I can get time off not a great experience so far with mini in Irvine