PDA

View Full Version : Helix Short Shifter R56

M600-RKJ
26th July 2018, 08:01 PM
Well after owning this part for almost a year it finally got fitted last night. I did try and fit it once before but up on jackstands it just didn't seem possible. With a lift it was case of remove the heat sheik off with the cover and throw the part in took about 5 minutes.

Really happy with how it drives makes the gearbox feel much more notch and the throw is noticeably shorter. Haven't had a chance to play with it on a back road yet but even just driving into to town it makes a big difference.

The best bang for buck mod imo especially since I didn't pay the retail price :P

stoney
26th July 2018, 10:34 PM
That's good to know Mark a short shifter is on my list for next year now lol spent enuf this year

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

badwolf340
27th July 2018, 05:53 AM
Good to hear ,makes it much better with a short shifter :yes nod:

Mon the fish
27th July 2018, 09:57 AM
Get a heavier knob (ooer missus) for the full effect - a Whalen is well worth the money IMO

M600-RKJ
27th July 2018, 10:08 AM
Get a heavier knob (ooer missus) for the full effect - a Whalen is well worth the money IMO

Very forward of you. I like the look of the carbon Jcw knob as it fits with the rest of my interior and it is slightly heavier than standard

Big Gordy
27th July 2018, 12:39 PM
I like the look of the carbon Jcw knob as it fits with the rest of my interior and it is slightly heavier than standard
And I always thought carbon made things lighter.......:Whistle::moonie:

M600-RKJ
27th July 2018, 12:46 PM
And I always thought carbon made things lighter.......:Whistle::moonie:

I think it's the alcantara that adds the weight. It's like a fluffy form of lead