PDA

View Full Version : Need help to find another mini

minitaz
3rd July 2018, 10:31 AM
Hey everyone I'm in need of some help. I'm trying to find a mini for my son, he will be 17 in November 2018. He loves minis, I'm looking for a 1.2 or 1.4 bog standard.

Looking to spend up to £500 as it's his first car, get the black box fitted for insurance.

Hope the powers of mini family will help

Craig

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MINI William
3rd July 2018, 10:42 AM
Hi Craig

I think you’ll be struggling to get a 1.4 for £500 as they are R56 or R50 ONE D and I don’t think prices haven’t quite reached there yet, unless the car is a total mess. Anything smaller than a 1.4 is F56.

Unless your looking for a car your going to be looking at at spending a lot of money getting back to a road worthy state then I would be looking at something different

EcosseGP
3rd July 2018, 10:50 AM
Craig ... like William says you’ll be struggling to get anything worth having MINI wise for your budget. I’ve never seen anything in that price range even as a non runner or I’d have been tempted buying it myself as a wee project. I will keep a look though and give you a shout if anything pops up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DigitalLemming
3rd July 2018, 10:53 AM
As above, think you'd need to double the budget to get anything that was at least a runner.

EcosseGP
3rd July 2018, 11:07 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180703/d7c00368274931c071a771eba04a47b5.png

Cheapest that I can find and I wouldn’t travel that distance for the car at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

minitaz
3rd July 2018, 01:12 PM
We were.looking at a vw Lupo for his first car however he wants to be in the club with his own mini. Might need to wait another couple of years

M600-RKJ
3rd July 2018, 02:14 PM
I think for a mini you need to be looking at a minimum of £1500 for a decent one. My cousin just got a really clean low mileage 06 cooper for £2500 if that puts things into perspective

- - - Updated - - -

Auction might be the place to look. A guy at my work got a under 20k miles 02 mini one at auction 1 owner car reasonably well looked after I think he was less than. £1800 then auction fees on top so about 2 grand

EcosseGP
3rd July 2018, 02:18 PM
Start by checking the insurance first with a 1.6 ONE against a newer 1.4. I don’t think you’ll find much difference ..

Mon the fish
4th July 2018, 07:22 AM
Early R50 Coopers can be had for between £1000-1500, fudbook car ads can sometimes be the place to snap up a bargain. Don't be scared by mileage, buy on condition only. One in America has over 600k on it so they can take the mileage. Dealers and private ads these days I tend to find have an over-inflated view of what a car is actually worth.

For £500 you just need to take the first decent car that comes along regardless of what it is. I ran around in a £650 Volvo 850 for a few years and it was brilliant, one of the best cars I've ever owned. But a Mini at that price would be a rare thing

Big Gordy
4th July 2018, 07:53 AM
We were.looking at a vw Lupo for his first car

Our daughter had a Seat Arosa for her first car and it was perfect for the job. Cheap to run/insure/fix and pretty reliable seeing as it's from the VAG group. Let him get a few miles under his belt in something like a Lupo and then move to the mini would be my advice :thumbs up:

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
10th July 2018, 08:33 PM
Hi,
When you have a car in mind if you do need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

minitaz
10th July 2018, 08:45 PM
Dan. Do u do insurance with black box or is it not worth it ??

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
11th July 2018, 10:45 AM
Dan. Do u do insurance with black box or is it not worth it ??

Hello,

Yes we are in certain circumstances able to provide cover where we would require you to fit a telematics box. In addition we have a 'Lowmatics' policy that doesn't record every aspect of your driving but just the mileage.

Hopefully we have a policy to suit you and did you want someone to give you a call?

Thanks,

Dan

bpirie1000
11th July 2018, 04:18 PM
I have a 2002 silver cooper with 76k on the clock, chilli pack new and sensors sitting for sale.

Nms price special 1200.

Not put it through mot but for that cash its a win win..
P.m. if interested.