PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise from glovebox!

lightbody
20th October 2004, 01:50 AM
Not sure if its a fault or what... but when i take the key out of the ignition, there is a strange electro-mechanical whirring sound from near the glovebox area for a few seconds. Any ideas? Last one didn't do this...

Steve74
20th October 2004, 01:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Not sure if its a fault or what... but when i take the key out of the ignition, there is a strange electro-mechanical whirring sound from near the glovebox area for a few seconds. Any ideas? Last one didn't do this...

Air con?

Mini Me
20th October 2004, 02:06 AM
I would agree with Steve, if you have air con and your car is less than a year old,you will have a little valve at the back of your glove box to turn on air con(if you so desire).....

GAJ
20th October 2004, 02:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by iain

if you have air con and your car is less than a year old,you will have a little valve at the back of your glove box to turn on air con(if you so desire).....

Mine is 2 years old and it has the wee valve too! i think that it has been present since the glovebox was introduced.

Wul
20th October 2004, 02:20 AM
i think my coop used to do this sometimes - it always sounded to me like it was from behind the speedo - maybe the brake servo or sommit mounted on the bulkhead in the engine bay?

PS: my coop didnae have a glove box to buzz! :clown:

Smurf
20th October 2004, 05:44 AM
I've got a glove box, no air con, and no noises - is that any help? :D

I think you've left Bob in there - LET HIM OUT!!

lightbody
20th October 2004, 06:15 AM
I've worked it out! If you have recirculation turned on, it automatically turns it off when you switch off. Either that or it turns it on, not quite sure yet.

Why? I'm thinking its to stop (or let) air into the car. (If recirculation is on and blower off theres no air coming in).

X30YES
20th October 2004, 02:18 PM
Seems to be a valve/inlet thing in the glove box ,and when the ac is on it keeps your pies warm on the way home from the bakery :D...guess it keeps the beer cool as well in the summer!!!;)

GAJ
20th October 2004, 04:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Seems to be a valve/inlet thing in the glove box ,and when the ac is on it keeps your pies warm on the way home from the bakery :D...guess it keeps the beer cool as well in the summer!!!;)

The wee valve in the glovebox blows cold air no matter what temp you have selected! No good for hot pies but handy for M&S picnic eggs!;)

Big Col
20th October 2004, 05:43 PM

This should probably be in the movie quote thread but:
"My bag was VIBRATING?

"9 times out of 10 it's an electric razor, but every once in a while... it's a dildo. However, it's company policy to never imply ownership in the case of a dildo. We use the indefinite article... the dildo, not YOUR dildo."

;):clown::D

X30YES
20th October 2004, 06:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

This should probably be in the movie quote thread but:
"My bag was VIBRATING?

"9 times out of 10 it's an electric razor, but every once in a while... it's a dildo. However, it's company policy to never imply ownership in the case of a dildo. We use the indefinite article... the dildo, not YOUR dildo."

;):clown::D
.............Censorship Polis will be along soon I guess:D

GAJ
20th October 2004, 06:55 PM
They've been, saw, and left!

X30YES
20th October 2004, 06:58 PM
Whit nae warning !!!,be getting away with murder next

Big Col
20th October 2004, 07:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

They've been, saw, and left!