PDA

View Full Version : Engine bay clean R53

stoney
17th June 2018, 04:41 PM
Cleaning engine bay. Who dose what then it comes to giving it a good clean mine is mank can I jus head in the with the pressure washer or do I need it steemed?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Craig
17th June 2018, 05:23 PM
Cover your air intake and cover your HT leads and crash on. I’ve done it in the past with a hose and not had an issue. Not sure I’d use a pressure washer on it tho. APC and some brushes then rinsed is how I did it ... some tar remover may also be required in places [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
17th June 2018, 07:51 PM
I’ve always used the steam cleaner and kept away from intake and electrics

M600-RKJ
17th June 2018, 11:47 PM

I really like gunk Green. Really good at breaking down dirt and grease. I dilute it fairly heavily with water use a foaming sprayer go over the whole engine bay. Plastic over the fuse box and intake, any heavily soiled areas work in with a brush, rinse down with the hose set on a sprinkle setting then all painted surfaces wipe down with spray wax and all the plastic and rubber treated with meguires plastic cream.

CiderFex
18th June 2018, 02:42 PM
I just always keep my bonnet closed at shows.
[emoji4]

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Blueboy
19th June 2018, 06:07 AM
I have jet washed every car I've had including every mini and never had any problems never had to cover anything. if you can get a steam one even better but any cold one will do. I use Meguires professional super degreaser or an APC will do

M600-RKJ
19th June 2018, 11:36 AM
7358[/ATTACH[ATTACH=CONFIG]7359

This was this morning spray all over with gunk work in with a brush rinse down (personally I don't like using a pressure washer anywhere near electrics) dry the bonnet underside off with spray wax along with all painted areas. Put a dollop of meguires plastic creme on all the plastic work in with a brush then take off excess with a microfibre

mikeswagon
19th June 2018, 04:28 PM
I don't have any APC just now, so I use the power maxed TFR which I really rate, and working in with the detailing brush is very satisfying... I'm easily pleased. Rarely take the powerwasher out, mains pressure on hose works fine.

Once rinsed off I use Aerospace 303 on all plastics. :thumbs up: but I might look out for that meguiars crème stuff in future if I can't get the 303.

M600-RKJ
19th June 2018, 09:26 PM
I don't have any APC just now, so I use the power maxed TFR which I really rate, and working in with the detailing brush is very satisfying... I'm easily pleased. Rarely take the powerwasher out, mains pressure on hose works fine.

Once rinsed off I use Aerospace 303 on all plastics. :thumbs up: but I might look out for that meguiars crème stuff in future if I can't get the 303.

I like products that I can get easily in a pinch and Halfords stock the meguires creme and I really like it leaves the plastics looking new but doesn't leave it sticky or greasy

CiderFex
20th June 2018, 12:09 AM

I’ve recently been looking at 303 Aerospace and the reviews for it are very favourable.
[emoji1303]
I only looked at it because the A1 Matte Plastic Protectant that I’ve been using for the last 6 years has nearly run out but is becoming very hard to buy now.
[emoji22]
I did eventually find some though and two bottles will be arriving here tomorrow.
[emoji41]
Just for info the 303 Aerospace is available on Amazon for £12.99 a bottle.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180619/0ceb4f9ada6c8c62d7980875b5a8e3e1.png

Blueboy
20th June 2018, 08:30 AM
Yeah used that for years Pete great stuff, also used their fabric guard when I used to maintain my dads old car an Audi A4 Cabriolet, used to get the water beading off the roof

mikeswagon
20th June 2018, 09:22 AM
I’ve recently been looking at 303 Aerospace and the reviews for it are very favourable.
[emoji1303]
I only looked at it because the A1 Matte Plastic Protectant that I’ve been using for the last 6 years has nearly run out but is becoming very hard to buy now.
[emoji22]
I did eventually find some though and two bottles will be arriving here tomorrow.
[emoji41]
Just for info the 303 Aerospace is available on Amazon for £12.99 a bottle.

Was getting all excited there, spending next months pocket money already, then I realized it's a full 1p cheaper than Polished Bliss, my local detailing gurus.
The only snag there is it's pretty much impossible to go onto their site and only buy 1 thing.... but the big box always comes in handy.