PDA

View Full Version : CD player

MiniRosie
24th May 2018, 04:05 PM
My 04 Mini currently has a cassette player ... being young means i've never owned cassettes :D therefore i'm looking to change to a CD/Radio. Any suggestion of quality CD player which have the correct connectors on a student budget.
Thanks in advance

nobbyclark
29th May 2018, 11:19 AM
I had a Kenwood BT48 DAB tuner in my old R53. Don't think it had a CD player, but I wanted it more for the DAB radio, Bluetooth and USB. It could also play music direct from my phone.

Kettlepot
29th May 2018, 06:43 PM
Personally I like Pioneer head units as you get greater sound wave manipulation, making standard speakers give more volume without distorting. Depend on what other functionality you want, DAB, Bluetooth, mp3, usb ???

There will be adaptors for the wiring harnesses to allow simple fitting, a lot will even worth with steering wheel controls.

Or you could pic up a standard CD player keeping the OEM look

EcosseGP
29th May 2018, 08:40 PM
In all my R series MINIs I’ve changed the Head units to Alpine ones. Alpine have an app to that allow you to change the setting etc if that’s your thing. I prefer the quality and controls of the Alpine units and I’ve never had any issues with them. I’d just get one now with a USB connector or a hard drive to save having any CDs rattling around in the car.