PDA

View Full Version : Delivery for a new, unregistered F56 MCS

Alistair
14th May 2018, 07:35 PM
On 28th April I visited my local dealer and paid a £2000 deposit for a new F56 MCS with JCW Chilli and Media XL. I was initially told by the salesman that the car was at the Factory ready to be shipped and would get it in around 10 days. However, as time has passed I pressed them for answers as felt i was being mucked about. The Brand Manager telephoned me on Saturday and said that the vehicle was at another MINI dealership, so they had to submit a transfer request. This was approved, they paid for the vehicle and then it went back to the factory to be checked. Where I have been told it still is.

Its not scheduled to arrive at the local dealers until around 25th May but he indicated he will try and chase it up to get it sooner.

Has anyone else had an experience like this or am I just getting the run around?

Craig
14th May 2018, 07:43 PM
Sounds like your being told a pack of lies tbh. If it was at the factory, I take it it was a dealer specced Car that you agreed to rather than one you specced as new from the factory?

And I’ve never heard of a vehicle being delivered to a dealer and then being sent back to the factory to be checked. Sounds like horse poo to me.

If I had the option I’d walk away as if they can do this with delivery of your vehicle, I wouldn’t want them touching my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
14th May 2018, 07:46 PM
I’ve never heard of them going back to factory to get checked before. I know they have to put in a transfer request as they don’t like taking cars off other branches unless they have to.
TBH it sounds like they’re waiting from one from the factory ...
Always the same when you’re desperate to get something it never runs easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alistair
14th May 2018, 07:48 PM
The car was already built and had been bought by another MINI Dealer but they hadn't sold it hence the transfer request. Even though I was told verbally 10 days the actual order paperwork says estimated Handover 31st May. I actually have VIN Number for the vehicle which shows the full spec. It was built January 2018

Eddie_JCW
14th May 2018, 07:56 PM
My car was pre-built and at another dealer. The dealer I used asked for the car on the 24th of March and I collected it on the 31st. It came up from somewhere down south.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Alistair
14th May 2018, 08:04 PM
My car was pre-built and at another dealer. The dealer I used asked for the car on the 24th of March and I collected it on the 31st. It came up from somewhere down south.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks Eddie,

That really puts things in perspective. Looking at the order paperwork i wouldn't be entitled to my deposit back until after 31st May if they fail to supply

Alistair
14th May 2018, 08:20 PM
It's not much help now but my concern would have been why the 31st was put on the paperwork if the original time slot was only 10 days. If my memory's correct you've had this car on order for a little while now?

The fact that they've put the 31st as the handover date suggests to me that the dealer may have anticipated these delays.

Paperwork and deposit paid on 28th April. I am going to phone MINI CS tomorrow and query this back to the factory to have it checked bit

EcosseGP
14th May 2018, 08:23 PM
^^^ that’d be the best thing and gives you an idea of what’s happening. Explain the story and give them your VIN number and I’m sure they’ll help you. Depending on the result you can then contact the dealer (mind and get names on who you spoke to)

Alistair
14th May 2018, 08:24 PM
^^^ that’d be the best thing and gives you an idea of what’s happening. Explain the story and give them your VIN number and I’m sure they’ll help you. Depending on the result you can then contact the dealer (mind and get names on who you spoke to)

Thanks, Will do this first thing in the morning

weefossy
14th May 2018, 08:25 PM
Could it be, it was sent back to the factory by the original dealer because there was a fault only the factory could put right? You need some straight answers. Might be worth a call to the original dealership to see if they let any info slip.

EcosseGP
14th May 2018, 08:26 PM
^^^ good idea Malcolm [emoji106]

Alistair
14th May 2018, 08:27 PM
Could it be, it was sent back to the factory by the original dealer because there was a fault only the factory could put right? You need some straight answers. Might be worth a call to the original dealership to see if they let any info slip.

Unfortunately, I don't know where the car was originally from. However, perhaps with the VIN i could find out. Thanks for the suggestion I'll see if MINI CS can shed any light

Alistair
15th May 2018, 12:44 PM
had the following email

Good Morning Alistair,

I hope this email finds you well.

I have some good news on your MINI, I have arranged for an outside transport agency to collect your MINI rather than using the MINI UK transportation team.

Your MINI is being collected on Friday the 18th and will be delivered back to me on Monday the 21st.

Normally when a car arrives onsite we require a 72 hour window to prepare the car for delivery however I have prioritised your
MINI with our workshop and valet teams and I will have it ready to on Tuesday the 22nd if that is a suitable date for you to collect?

Let me know if this is OK and I will have Scott contact you directly to arrange the next steps to get things ready for collection.

Thanks

replied

Good Morning Chris,

Thanks for the update, However last night I started a a few threads on MINI forums last night asking for advice. Please see links below:

http://newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?28429-Delivery-for-a-new-unregistered-F56-MCS
http://www.totalmini.com/forum/3-totaldiscussion/15906-delivery-new-unregistered-f56-mcs.html
http://www.minif56.com/forum/313-purchasing-ordering/81665-delivery-new-unregistered-f56-mcs-uk.html

I contacted MINI Customer Service with the VIN No. this morning based on the feedback from the posts. They are getting back to me to explain why the car wasn't sent directly to you from the other dealer and had to go back to the factory to be checked again. Can you shed any light on this as it doesn't appear to be standard practice?

The date mentioned Tuesday 22nd is ideal as its my last rest day from work.

However, I really want to get to the bottom of what has happened here

Look forward to hearing from you.

- - - Updated - - -

update

Hi Alistair,

That's great, I will have Scott set the wheels in motion to arrange handover for Tuesday the 22nd. He will in touch directly to do so.

I have just spoken to MINI UK, your MINI is not at the factory and has never been returned to the factory. The car is in storage with the dealer in which we are receiving the car from.

The information I gave you on the phone call the other day was slightly off as I learned today. I thought when the car was listed as in storage that it was held at the factory and not with the dealer who ordered the car however I have been informed by MINI UK that this is not the case.

I apologise for the info being slightly out, I thought I was correct in what I was relaying to you on Sunday.

We have spoken to the supplying dealer and I believe MINI UK have done so too and your MINI is all ready to go waiting on our transport company to collect and there are no issues with the car.

I hope this sheds light on the matter for you.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

- - - Updated - - -

this explains thinks better, i think

Hi Alistair,

Yes this is correct.

The car was never being returned to the factory for inspection, I think we have gotten our wires crossed in conversation.

I told you that the car was in storage which I believed was at the factory, this was incorrect as it is with the supplying dealer.

I said once the car was uplifted by BMW/MINI UK Distribution that it is taken from the collection location to the BMW/MINI UK Distribution base in Thorne, Doncaster where they are inspected and sent on to their final destination.

The Distribution centre in Thorne is near Doncaster, All MINI's are sent via this location for inspection before being distributed to the dealer network. This is standard procedure.

Mon the fish
15th May 2018, 01:49 PM
Don't get them to valet it! At least not the paintwork...

EcosseGP
15th May 2018, 03:33 PM
The replies sound a bit more feasible and had they explained that at the time it would’ve all made sense. Fingers crossed they stick to their word and at least you’ve got a final date to look forward too

weefossy
15th May 2018, 05:56 PM
Sounds a lot more feasible and it sounds like they are now making some effort. "All's well that ends well". Enjoy and I hope you have many happy miles.

Alistair
15th May 2018, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your thoughts and support on this. Going tomorrow morning to sign the paperwork. Roll on Tuesday

Alistair
25th May 2018, 01:24 PM
So Tuesday...

I arrived at 14:00 Hrs and did the remainder of the paperwork. At approximately 15:30 hrs I was asked to go through to look at the car as there was a problem. The black roof had marks on it that they thought was staining from bird mess and hadn't been able to remove. I looked at it and to me its tree sap. The car prep was only started on the Tuesday so they had only discovered this issue then. The interior hadn't been done properly and either had the rest of the externals. I took the car as I was meant to have my dashcams fitted that night. However, this didn't get done after all. The car was picked up on Wednesday and I currently have the face lifted demo Cooper S until mine is ready. I have logged a complaint with MINI CS as they and my dealer were both told the vehicle had been kept inside and was perfect by the dealer it was transferred from.

Overall a terrible experience and have had the demo car longer than my own one!

On the plus side the demo car has the autobox and have been really impressed with it. Really like the headsup display as well.

I have attached some pics that I took on Tuesday evening while i had it. I swapped over the chrome rings at the back for the black ones, put the sport aerial on and rubber mats in.

Craig
25th May 2018, 01:28 PM
I’m sorry you’ve been treated like that. As I said in my earlier post, I’d have walked away. I really hope they sort out your issues to your satisfaction as it sounds like a complete nightmare from start to finish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alistair
25th May 2018, 01:40 PM
I’m sorry you’ve been treated like that. As I said in my earlier post, I’d have walked away. I really hope they sort out your issues to your satisfaction as it sounds like a complete nightmare from start to finish...

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCheers Craig. I got a 100 quid discount of my TLC for the mix ups with the delivery. In hindsight I should have just put a factory order in. I thought my car had the JCW seats as standard with the pack. However they are just standard chilli pack ones. STD on facelift [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Alistair
30th May 2018, 08:25 AM
Finally...

I picked up the car yesterday and all appears to be well. The dealer has put another £100 on my account and said that next time I'm passing they will fill up up the fuel tank for free - I'll be running on fumes at the time :)

Had my mate fit the dashcams last night and going to see about getting the remaining chrome bits blackened out.

badwolf340
30th May 2018, 06:43 PM
Good thing is that you have it and can enjoy driving :yes nod:

MINI William
30th May 2018, 06:50 PM
Good that it’s all sorted and you’ve got an acceptable resolution

Alistair
30th May 2018, 07:32 PM
Thanks.

I spoke to local bodyshop today about painting the belt line, door handles, fuel cap and grille surround. He advised me to get them wrapped instead. Any thoughts on this?

EcosseGP
30th May 2018, 08:04 PM
Glad you’ve managed to get the car ...
You can get covers for the handles and the fuel cap that would save you getting them chipped and can easily replace them if required. The belt line can be done with vinyl and is a half hour job you could do yourself too. They now even do a cover for the front grille too ... think Megan has one fitted to her S. Better if you drive it daily as they can easily get chipped if painted. I’ll probably get a cover to go on mine at some point now they’re available... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180530/5f3d1bf9e8405fb3505abdd6eb4f5693.jpg

EcosseGP
30th May 2018, 08:06 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180530/f87f53c2ce97aa7501b47914cb82a44d.jpg
I think you’ll make out the door handles and belt line ...

Alistair
30th May 2018, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the pictures. Exactly the look i was after.

I have found all the bits on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332594540815
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232577286553
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232784319827
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332461243112
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232578483001

Anyone used the seller?

EcosseGP
30th May 2018, 08:25 PM
They’re certainly the bits you need ...
I’ve never used that company but they do certainly be doing a fair bit of business these days.
Mind and watch with the handles as some are just full covers on both sides whilst others have the cut out on the drivers side ...

EcosseGP
30th May 2018, 08:27 PM
http://www.chromiumtech.co.uk/product.asp?pID=515&cID=52

EcosseGP
30th May 2018, 08:30 PM
They’ll do the grille and fuel covers too I’m sure ...

MINI William
30th May 2018, 08:48 PM
I’ve got covers for the fuel filler and handles on both Megan and my cars. I’ve done a painted grill surround on my last F56 JCW and the cover is better as the paint can chip very easily where the cover is more resilient

Alistair
30th May 2018, 09:10 PM
Thanks, I'll check out the link. I have emailed the seller to ask for a best price for all the bits delivered. Definitely not going down the wrapping route now. Thanks for your help and advice

Alistair
2nd June 2018, 02:02 PM
Managed to get all the bits from that seller for £220 Inc delivery. Dispatched yesterday. I ended up going for a red stripe rather than black to go below the S badge at the front. Thought it would break the black up a bit. I asked about the side indicator lights. He could supply carbon ones. However, I thought if I bought them I would end up change everything else to carbon too[emoji23]

Will have a look around for black plastic ones

Alistair
6th June 2018, 01:21 PM
Just had the car polished locally. All thats left to do is the black beltline

MINI William
6th June 2018, 02:57 PM
Looks good. Would be better to start your own gallery thread for any future updates

Alistair
6th June 2018, 03:02 PM
Looks good. Would be better to start your own gallery thread for any future updatesWill do sorry about that